Most Depressing food you have ever eaten.

Valksy

Nov 5, 2009
Anything with no seasoning (as someone with a bit of vomity/reflux problems this sucks badly indeed), even the tiniest dash of salt makes a difference. Right now I am seasoning and coping with pain...

Bread about 12 hours before it grows little green spots. Bleurgh.

A mustard and ketchup sandwich doesn't sound too bad. But given that shops are only really "shut" in the UK for two days a year I reckon I would be sorely tempted to go out shopping.

ThaBenMan

Mandalorian Buddha
Mar 6, 2008
Filet of orphan, basted in tears, with a side of veggies from a garden fertilized with dead puppies.

Seriously - Ramen noodles, when you're so damn broke that's all you can afford.

Hollock

Jun 26, 2009
TriggerUnhappy said:
I've never eaten this, but it seems too damn appropriate:
<youtube=tfan5MacmsI>
For me personally, whenever I eat 1/2 to a whole bag of junk food. (usually chips)
DAMN YOU TRIGGERUNHAPPY! YOU STOLE ME STEALING HIS JOKE (I haven't eaten it either)!

but

Altorin

Jack of No Trades
May 16, 2008
I eat fried onion sandwiches with just mustard and onions occasionally.

RoboPenguin

Apr 14, 2009
Lamppenkeyboard said:
RoboPenguin said:
An entire tub of Ben and Jerry's. It was chocolate and tear flavored. I felt like such a cliche.
Were you watching "Footloose" in your bathrobe as this happened?
No, the news if I remember correctly. It was less depressing that anything else I could have watched.

BlindMessiah94

The 94th Blind Messiah
Nov 12, 2009
I once at a bowl of cereal with expired milk. I didn't realize at first but after I took a bite...

I kept eating it anyway. I had hit an all new low.

PartyMonkey

Jun 26, 2009
Just plain ham sandwiches...Which is my staple food at work.

No butter or anything just ham.

That or possibly shepards pie.

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
Lamppenkeyboard said:
The discussion: What would be your "condiment sandwich"? What have you eaten that (although not terrible) was so bland and disappointing that it nearly depressed you?
Beacuse I am currently beyond broke, my diet consists of water, Kraft Dinner, and Mr. Noodles. I can't even afford McDonald's. That depresses the hell out of me.

pwnzerstick

Mar 25, 2009
A Granola bar after 2 hours of lacrose practice, and my mom saying we don't have time to stop to get some food.

gbemery

Jun 27, 2009
I burnt my tongue once and couldn't taste anything for a week. So everything I ate that week was pretty depressing.

TheTurtleMan

Mar 2, 2010
One time our power went out for a week in the dead of winter. We had to make bland spaghetti on a camp stove outside in ten degree weather. It felt like we were getting food from a homeless shelter.

Jamash

Top Todger
Jun 25, 2008
Icy Lemon said:
Mashed fucking potatoes.

I'm sick of eating them so much, and there isn't really much flavour to them. Bland and boring. I wouldn't say they're bad to the point that they're depressing though, it'd have to be a really bad food to do that. I'd just like a bit more variety.
I can make awesome mashed potatoes.

I leave the skin on, so I just chop the potatoes and boil them, then once they're cooked I drain the water, add milk, butter, cheese, mustard, parsley, and black pepper (types and quantity up to you), then I just mash the fuck out of it until it's fluffy.

It's a really simple dish and easy to prepare, which admittedly is bland on it's own (when it's just potatoes), but it's so easy to add flavour and texture to make it delicious.

Lamppenkeyboard said:
The discussion: What would be your "condiment sandwich"? What have you eaten that (although not terrible) was so bland and disappointing that it nearly depressed you?
I don't really prepare food that's bland and depresses me, I'm a capable and inventive cook, and if there isn't anything to make a nice meal out of, then I'll go to the shop (I live very close to a 24hour supermarket) or go without food until there is something decent to cook with.

Probably my version of a "condiment sandwich" is a shop bought ready meal, which is depressing because it's never as good as the equivalent I could cook myself.

meowman

Jan 25, 2010
Two options here.
1. Any sandwich or sausage baught at a British train station
2. Any fast food

Sporky111

Digital Wizard
Dec 17, 2008
Overcooked turkey or lobster. It's just that they're both so special and it's so rare to have them, that when they get overcooked it's just so depressing. And if you're like me, you feel like you still have to fill up on it because it's so rare and special (and kind of expensive).