Most devastating loss of a save file

Black Reaper

Aug 19, 2011
Reading this thread is depressing
That said,back in the gamecube days,i had a friend over at my house playing mario party,when we started the game,it said something about "formatting" wtf is that,we said,we then selected yes,i then watched in horror as all the saves on my gamecube were erased

Another case of this i had was on my Wow account,i got hacked,while normally after getting hacked you end up as a naked hobo next to a mailbox,this particular douchebag decided to delete all my characters,what characters?,you might ask(or not),a level 74 Deathknight,a level 65 Paladin,and a level 51 Druid,while that doesn't sound as much,i really suck at leveling,and i had put lots of time and effort into my characters
Dreadjaws said:
A sort of related situation, though. A friend of mine was playing Resident Evil 4 and got to the final battle with Saddler. The final battle in the entire game. He couldn't beat Saddler (yeah, he's kind of not very good) so he decided to erase the save file and start again. That's right. He was in the final battle and he started the whole game again. I would have cried like a baby if something like that happened to me by accident and he did it on purpose.
Your friends balls deserve their own monument

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
Norrdicus said:
Budokai 3...

I had unlocked everything, but my save file got corrupted at some point
Oh, dude... I love that game and I unlocked everything. I'd go mental if that happened.

NotSoLoneWanderer

Jul 5, 2011
I accidentally deleted the first characters I made in both Fallout 3 and New Vegas. Both times they led to me playing the game about two months later with all the knowledge I learned in my 1st characters to do everything "right" and make a perfect character. That's "good" but I still lost a combined....ummm 360 hours between the two characters.

Edit: OH...final fantasy 12...beat the game, maxed out characters, nearly every side quest done. So many good memories and frustrating failure so much time spent. Still gotta make a new save but it feels so daunting.

NEDM

Apr 13, 2010
Grand Theft Auto San Andreas. Got a demo disk from sony, then a day later warning me not to play the viewtiful joe demo, or else your memory card would get wiped.... 2 missions away from the end, had all the side stuff done. To this day I've never beaten that game cuz I don't have the time.

Toy Yota

Jul 7, 2012
Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles was a game that had a very bad memory problem on my gamecube. I usually save on all 4 save files to prevent the corrupted game from deleting my save files. When I finally go so far in the game, the corrupted game deleted all four of them. I went to gamestop to replce the game; it happened again. I replaced the game 4 times and it still kept deleting the save files for no reason.

dfphetteplace

Nov 29, 2009
Within recent memory, my Borderlands save. I thought it was in the Steam cloud thing, but nope. Lost it to oblivion when I reinstalled windows.

gideonkain

Nov 12, 2010
I was approaching the final dungeon in Final Fantasy 9 and after dying for the 10th time against the Nova Dragon I yanked my (pssh) wired controller in frustration.

The Playstation fell off the table, landing directly on the 256 slot memory card I bought and cracked it neatly in half.

To this day I have no idea how that game ends.

Tragic.

Aris Khandr

Oct 6, 2010
Extreme Warfare Revenge 4.2. I had about four years of progress in that game. People who I'd put in development at the start of the game were finally big enough stars to challenge for major titles. My heel power stable was about to three of the four titles at the next PPV, Sting was due to retire, and that event had the beginning of my build for my next major storyline.

And then the save corrupted. That really bummed me out.