Most Difficult Boss you've ever faced.

The-Big-D

Feb 4, 2008
facing 25 metal gears on european extreme on mgs2
was definately something i had to keep working at but i eventually did it :)

Lioklian

Jan 25, 2008
Guilty Spark from Halo 3... Egad! He has SO much health and SO much firepower!

That was the hardest battle I have ever encountered in ANY game EVER!

Asymptote Angel

Feb 6, 2008
Mizar WAS a ***** and three quarters, I'll admit.

In terms of suicide-inducing annoyance, however, I have to go with the Wiegraf/Velius fight in Chapter III of Final Fantasy Tactics (the PS1 one, not that crapfest on the GBA). Not having the good sense to look up ways to cheese him to death, I spent AGES trying to beat him, eventually restarting the game so I could level way the hell up before I tried to fight him.

Eventually my brother's friend came along and told me to just make an entire party of Lancers, as his doom magic couldn't hit my party if it was in the air. I was rather embarrassed. Then I looked online and I found the Chemist/Teleport thing, and I felt even dumber.

In Mass Effect, Saren was hard, but only because the game bugged out on me and I only had one squad member with whom to fight him. In Metroid Prime 2, I thought the Ing Emperor was pretty hard, as was the Omega Pirate from MP1.

(In spite of my babbling about 4 games, I think the hardest fight was Wiegraf/Velius. I just like to whine about other stuff.)

propertyofcobra

Oct 17, 2007
Wiegraf/Velius in Final Fantasy Tactics is up there.
I ended up having to go for pure luck of two ninjas dual-wielding maces that critical hitted with all hits and dealt the upper-end of their damage, because I didn't know about the manly strategy of yelling and accumulating until you're god. It took me a LOT of tries to actually beat him.
Then it turns out there are like fifty ways to cheese that game to hell and back and make it extremely, stupendously easy with that boss fight not even being a bump in the damn road. And here I was playing it normally. Boy did I feel dumb.

I'm going to have to say the Barbarian King in God of War 2, Titan Mode, is up there too.
God...I still have to figure out a way to dodge that stupid homing-instantkill-ghosts-that-cant-be-blocked attack.

Fighting The End the first time around in MGS3 was...an experience. It took me close to three hours, my sister sitting beside me all the time. (The moment we got MGS3, we ran to our PS2 and didn't leave it until the game was entirely completed, many hours later, in the middle of the night. It was awesome.) However, that wasn't as much HARD as it was TEDIOUS. Very much like fighting 25 metal gear RAYs in MGS2, only worse because of the pure annoyingness involved in fighting The End. You scout the area for ten full minutes trying to find him, before you see him for JUST a fraction of a second, and just as you're gonna fire...POW! You're on your back, and he's run off to somewhere else. Old asshole.
You bet your ass I ate that parrot when I found it, as REVENGE!

moosehq

Apr 16, 2008
The first time I fought 2 tanks, immediately followed by an attack helicopter on Ninja Gaiden. The fact that you don't have a chance to go back and buy health between battles just adds to the pain. The first time I got past it all I forgot to go back and save, only to die immediately in the next area, that was annoying. I'm the only person I know to have smashed one of the original (massive) xbox controllers because of that one. I have to mention the final boss "battle" at the end of that evil,evil game. Essentially you have to fight a selection of the bosses from throughout the game one after the other,without dying before you face the final boss who, bizarrely enough, isn't too hard at all.

Colton Caramihalis

Apr 16, 2008
The creepy moth thing from Echos. It is not actualy hard, yet unless you know how to destroy it, you will waist hours fighting it.

Karisse

Apr 16, 2008
Zero in Mega Man X2 if you don't collect all his body parts from the X-Hunters.

Gyrfalconne

Feb 6, 2008
Ohh, I'm gonna have to say the two huge guys at the end of that pain in the arse chariot obstacle course in prince of persia: two thrones.

Bad enough that I used most of my sand getting through that effing obstacle course, but a boss fight right after? Rubbish.

Yunadanta

Apr 16, 2008
The hardest boss i ever fought is probably Omega Weapon in Final Fantasy VII, took about 50+ minutes to beat him (alooooooong time for a boss on a game like that) and you had to have all u;r party under te hero drinks invinciblity effect to even fight him since every move he did 1 shotted all u;r characters for a insta-game over. That meant long hours even days gets lots of them, went through about 73 of them and almost all of my aura magic to beat him, good thing he was an optional boss.

While Omega was the hardest, one of the most annoying i fought was Yiazmat on FF12, the n00b had 50 million health and the max dmg u could do on it was 9999 a hit with anything (goes down to 6999 when he goes under 50%), so ofc it tooks ages (took me about 3+ hours of solid fighting to beat him) and ofc on 12 with the gambit system after about 20minutes ofthe fight u get bored and let it run itself, occasionally changing the party leader cuz he decided he was gonna do a 11 hit chain for 4k each hit (or the crushing low effect working on his melee ). Other then that he's really easy, until he goes down to about 5% then casts Reflectga on u;r party (and ofc u;r not really noticing cuz the fights gone on for over 2 hours and u;r doing something else) so so bastard in u;r team uses Restore on the group and it reflects back at Yaizmat to heal him, but does it do about 9999 healing like u'd think it would? OFC NOT it does the actual restore effect and puts the ucka back @ 100% health, completely wasting the 2 and a half hours it took to get him down to 5% in the first place, which i noticed all to late making it 7 hours 52 minutes before i actually killed him (not including the time it took to leave, restock on remedies and such). let me tell u;r pad and PS2 were flying that day <.<;

Feb 14, 2008
Dullahan in golden sun 2 with lvl 50 chars... "Go grind yourself retarded" befor you can finish him. (getting from lvl 50 -> 60 battling highest xp monsters takes months of nothing but grinding mosters)

Fusion dragon in golden sun 1... By going through the game at normal speed (not extreme amounts of grind required) gets your chars to lvl 32 - 35. Litterally hard as steel.

Not really a boss, but the temple level of Darwinia. (3 hours straight og nothing but killing vira)

Quake 4 the Makron... 20ft. tall, 15ft. wide, six legs, laser, grenade launcher, dark matter cannon, electronic testicle maulers, a-bombs - you name it, he pulled it out of his pocket and fired it at you.

GenHellspawn

Jan 1, 2008
Medieval 2:Total War.The Timurids. Full army, with over 5 units of Elephants, one of which has artillery, 2 units of rocket launchers, and crapload of elite cavalry. Very Hard Mode. No auto resolve. No artillery.

Making any kind of defensive formation is nigh on impossible, and don't even think about bringing any infatry, cause those fuckers can kill anything that isn't mounted in mere seconds. And the elephants are real buggers: In RTW, you atleast had incendiary pigs that could send them into a wild frenzy, but in MTW, you gotta kill them the old fashioned way. The only reason I beat them was because of an AI bug that caused their general to be in a unit of archers. And even after the battle, I had lost 3 full units of gold chevron lancers and had lost all of the 3 archers units I had used, and it cost over 15000 florins to retrain everything. The good news, however, was that after the battle, I had full control over all of northa asia, and only had the middle eastern and Italian nations to conquer.

Melaisis

Dec 9, 2007
Indigo_Dingo said:
Majora without the Fierce Diety Mask. Its possible, but fucking hard.

And Gruntilda from Banjo-Kazooie. I just gave up.
Me and my friends have many, many memories of spending the summers of the end of the 90s trying to kill that hag. I mean, on Banjo-Tooie the whole 'final boss = insane difficulty' theme had been resolved, as (despite the end boss being a giant digger) it was surprisingly easy. However, Gruntilda, with her 4392423 stages, horrendously accurate shots and her God-damn omniscience makes her one of the hardest end bosses to beat, ever. Especially for an 11 year old, heh.

knumpify

Feb 15, 2008
ninja gaiden black: doku on master
Alma on master
unreal the awakening: the big-ass green alien with the black hole hand
star wars shadows of the empire: boba fett in the chasm

Cryofthewolf

Feb 28, 2008
This is a hard one for me... I never did beat Bowser at the end of Luigi's Mansion

... But the hardest boss for me would have to be the two demon walls from Final Fantasy VII or the final boss on The second Final Fantasy game created for the Gamboy Advance. (He was the guy on the moon. The bugger...)