Most disappointing movie?

Everin

Apr 15, 2009
Is there a movie that you've been keen to see and you've watched the trailer and couldn't wait for the release, but then the movie was not good or didn't live up to your expectations? And why?
One that comes to mind for me was Terminator Salvation, it was fine, but compared to the previous Terminator movies, especially T2, it wasn't that crash hot and I was fairly disappointed.

DarkenedWolfEye

Jan 4, 2010
Blood and Chocolate.
Blood and Chocolate.
BLOOD AND FUCKING CHOCOLATE!
That movie takes a great book with an original message (humans and werewolves don't belong together and you're kidding yourself if you think they can, you delusional moron) and skullfucks it into marketable mainstream bullshit ('Werewolfs r bad n stuff', and Vivianne ends up with the human boy in the end). Not a challenging idea in the whole bit and I hated it.

Solo-Wing

Wanna have a bad time?
Dec 15, 2010
Resident Evil Extinction. It was... Meh. I was really disappointed they killed all of the clones pretty much right from the get go.

badgersprite

[--SYSTEM ERROR--]
Sep 22, 2009
Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within

My childhood self learned a very depressing lesson that day.

Also, the sequels to The Matrix. Sequels to what was at the time my favourite movie ever.

tjs09

Aug 23, 2010
I Am Legend
They tarnished the legacy of the book, completely ignored the point of the store,and to top it all off, they included the much better ending on the DVD
Will Smith talking to mannequins was pretty funny though XD

The .50 Caliber Cow

Pokemon GO away
Mar 12, 2011
badgersprite said:
Also, the sequels to The Matrix. Sequels to what was at the time my favourite movie ever.
I like the sequels better...

[sub]Moo...[/sub]

OT: I thought Transformers would be fun. I was wrong.

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
Ooh, let's see. I think I'll give three.

<url=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/326.254620-2-50-Reviews-American-Psycho-2000>American Psycho (Sorry to re-hash this one guys!)
<url=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/326.245995-2-50-Reviews-Napoleon-Dynamite-2004>Napoleon Dynamite
<url=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/326.226611-2-50-Reviews-Zodiac-2007>Zodiac

Yeah, these movies were bad.

Nyan Cat

Jun 7, 2009
Predators. I found that movie horribad. Can't believe I wasted moneys to go see it! D:

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
For me, The Expendables.

I just wish i could forget that movie out of existance.

redisforever

Oct 5, 2009
badgersprite said:
Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within

My childhood self learned a very depressing lesson that day.

I have to disagree about the Final Fantasy movie. I liked it. Maybe because I have never, ever, actually played a Final Fantasy game, but I thought it was good.

Matrix, I totally agree. I could not finish the second and third. I thought the first worked fine on it's own. I watched the action scenes of the second and third, and that's it. The rest was too philosophical.

MortalForNow

Jan 10, 2010
Spider-Man 3, anyone? Do I need say anymore?

Seriously, though, for something as large as that franchise, that was one of the few times I walked out of the theater completely humiliated that I actually went to see it.