Most Disappointing Unlock

JimJamJahar

Dec 18, 2009
What are those things you spent forever trying to get, be that by getting a perfect score or collecting something, but turned out to be useless or just plain suck?

In my opinion, the Brutus Armour from Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood. It looked like a dress made of wolves. Not cool

OtherSideofSky

Jan 4, 2010
JimJamJahar said:
In my opinion, the Brutus Armour from Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood. It looked like a dress made of wolves. Not cool
You must be describing it wrong, then, because that sounds hilariously fantastic.

I'm going to have to go with Black Getter in Super Robot Wars Alpha 3. To unlock it you need to get a bunch of kills with an incredibly weak support unit, so you'd think that it would be usable by the pilot of said support unit so that she could suck a whole lot less, but no, it's only usable by a trio of characters who have not one but two significantly better units to pilot by default.

Z of the Na'vi

Born with one kidney.
Apr 27, 2009
If I am allowed to quote a great man, I believe Yahtzee said it best:

"Who the fuck is Marth, and why is unlocking him considered a reward?"

gaiaquasar

Oct 5, 2010
The Naughticorn outfit in Naughty Bear requires 100 Million Points (I stopped after 25 M) and has pretty lousy specs. Its only advantage is speed! If I were to go for it, it would take days of repetitive grinding, and that is -not- what platformers are supposed to be about...

lozfoe444

Aug 26, 2009
Getting 242 stars in Super Mario Galaxy 2 gets you... Rosalina as a member of your ship crew.
That's it?! I died who knows how many times trying to get that last star!

Catchy Slogan

Jun 17, 2009
I agree with the Brutus Armour. I was expecting something better. And it wouldn't let me change the coluor of my cape. :(

But one I did was the unlock in Uncharted 2. The Skelzor the Skeleton skin. I was expecting it to be cooler than it was.

Redem

Dec 21, 2009
Flying rat in GTA IV. I thought at first it was an improvement over simple tagging or collecting, that was until I discovered a sniper shot draw cops, making it that more long and hardious than plan. Finally kill the last one and what do I get? absolutely nothing.

Fuloqwam

Jul 29, 2009
Any game where you can unlock a "skin" for a character. Example: Different costumes in "Ultimate Spider-Man". Anyone with any 3D experience can change the skin on a character model before they knock off for lunch.

hermes

Mar 2, 2009
JimJamJahar said:
I agree, that armor didn't look good at all.
For me, its the final armor in several of the Ratchet & Clank games. They look like Fallout's power armors. The specs are good and quite needed at some point, but its a pity they cover your entire face, which hides all the outstanding work done by animators in facial movement during cutscenes... And that armor just stay with you, since you can't unequip it or remove it, and will be there anytime you try a new game plus run.

DesiPrinceX09

Mar 14, 2010
I agree with everyone saying the Brutus armor from AC:B, it wasn't nearly as awesome as the Altair armor which is why I wear the Brutus and put the Altair armor skin (unlocked via Uplay) on top so it has the good stats of the Brutus armor and the good cosmetic look of the Altair armor.

Also the footpad character from AC:B online, he looks like Justin Bieber if he went to a Rennaissance fair, and his outfit (especially his elite gear) looks stupid.

Elemental

Apr 4, 2009
The Krypt in MK9, for fuck's sake I want fatalities and costumes and instead all I'm getting
is fucking pictures and themes, who the fuck cares about them!?

Frotality

Oct 25, 2010
the excellent leather jacket in the witcher. i saved up 5000 freaking gold, ignoring vital and useful books, and all i get is the same bloody armor i was already wearing with a spike collar. i thought the raven armor was kinda ugly too, but at least that had notable stat improvements unlike that stupid jacket, which i choose to believe is a joke item put in the game by bill s. preston (cookie for reference!).

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
Redem said:
Flying rat in GTA IV. I thought at first it was an improvement over simple tagging or collecting, that was until I discovered a sniper shot draw cops, making it that more long and hardious than plan. Finally kill the last one and what do I get? absolutely nothing.
Actually you did unlock a couple of things: a completely worthless achievement trophy and an also completely worthless "attack chopper" that shoots spitballs and doesn't spawn anywhere near any safehouse.

That was my answer too.

Canid117

Oct 6, 2009
JimJamJahar said:
Yeah the Brutus armor looked terrible.

Cat1987

Feb 5, 2011
The Handcannon in Resident Evil 4 mercenaries.

Spend a God-like amount of time getting 5 stars with every single character on every single stage, and the specs on it aren't worth the effort.

StellarViking

Apr 10, 2011
Frotality said:
the excellent leather jacket in the witcher. i saved up 5000 freaking gold, ignoring vital and useful books, and all i get is the same bloody armor i was already wearing with a spike collar. i thought the raven armor was kinda ugly too, but at least that had notable stat improvements unlike that stupid jacket, which i choose to believe is a joke item put in the game by bill s. preston (cookie for reference!).
Give me my cookie, you medieval dickweed. -Theodore Logan

In Morrowind I saved up lots and lots of money to purchase the Redoran Stronghold. It is currently unoccupied as it is constantly surrounded by nothing but ash storms.