Most Disturbing Movie You've Ever Seen

Skizle

Feb 12, 2009
There are things that make your stomach turn from what you may see, you may be scared for life from what you might have seen, it may have just mad you go "WTF". Either way name the most disturbing movie you've ever seen.

My choice would have to be hands down Cannibal Holocaust. Corny name yes, but if you've ever seen this movie you know what I'm talking about

Noamuth

May 16, 2008
'TideLand'.

It seemed to be disturbing just for the sake of it. Terrible storyline, annoying characters and just.. Stupid, really. But still disturbing.

JMeganSnow

Aug 27, 2008
No Country For Old Men.
Through a Scanner Darkly was also pretty disturbing due to sheer difficulty of understanding what was happening. But I think No Country tops my personal list due to the intentional self-negation of the plot at the end of the movie.

Sir_Montague

Oct 6, 2008
Mmm... I was thinking about this foreign movie I saw about a portuguese drug trip and the drug lords that started it but f if I remember the name... And also, American History X seemed pretty out there to me...

TheBluesader

Mar 9, 2008
For a long time for me it was the original Dawn of the Dead. I know it's dated and the special effects are corny, but damned if Romero didn't know how to film a creepy atmosphere. It's the kind of horror movie that in the end just leaves you feeling completely scooped out and anxious. That isn't easy to do, but he did it. Hence Dead Rising, of course.

As far as genuinely disturbing, I can't say there are any fiction movies that do that to me at this point. But there are historical-type movies that certainly do. See Leni Reifenstahl's Triumph of the Will, or the footage of what they found when we liberated the concentration camps. If that Nazi crap doesn't creep you out, then you're not paying attention.

Ridergurl10

Dec 25, 2008
Requiem of a Dream . . . didn't seem to have a point. I think it was about drugs, although I'm pretty sure the only way it would have made any sense would be if you were on drugs while watching it. Seriously a fridge attacked an old lady who happened to be doing speed. It was crazy weird

Corven

Forever Gonzo
Sep 10, 2008
Noamuth said:
'TideLand'.

It seemed to be disturbing just for the sake of it. Terrible storyline, annoying characters and just.. Stupid, really. But still disturbing.
Someone else saw that terrible terrible movie, that's two hours I'll never get back.

Skizle

Feb 12, 2009
Ridergurl10 said:
Requiem of a Dream . . . didn't seem to have a point. I think it was about drugs, although I'm pretty sure the only way it would have made any sense would be if you were on drugs while watching it. Seriously a fridge attacked an old lady who happened to be doing speed. It was crazy weird
if anything it was a motivational movies saying "at least you not like one of these poor bastards"

SovietSecrets

iDrink, iSmoke, iPill
Nov 16, 2008
A Scanner Darkly, after re-watching it 3 times I understood how the movie went, but always I am afraid of the bleak future it portrayed.

Noamuth

May 16, 2008
darkstone said:
Noamuth said:
'TideLand'.

Someone else saw that terrible terrible movie, that's two hours I'll never get back.
Same here. >.< I cringed so much, I facepalmed heaps but I didn't get up and walk out of the room because I just had to see if it got better.

It didn't. I raged, then had stupid dreams for the next few nights. Ugh.

Hed_Kansa

Feb 12, 2009
Miike Takashi's Audition

Sorry but a chick sitting on a dude chest giggling like a schoolgirl whilst graphicly sawing his leg off with piano wire kinda sticks in your mind.

Ridergurl10

Dec 25, 2008
Skizle said:
Ridergurl10 said:
if anything it was a motivational movies saying "at least you not like one of these poor bastards"
Lol, seriously you are right! If anyone ever has a friend considering doing hard drugs show them this movie!

z0nbie

Jan 20, 2009
haha... when i read the topic i was already prepared to write "cannibal holocaust" way to beat me to it right off the bat ... poor turtle :/ lol