Most disturbing thing you've ever seen in real life?

NoOne852

The Friendly Neighborhood Nobody
Sep 12, 2011
At the moment, not much comes to mind.
The only thing that does is I saw my friend get beat by his dad for very little reason.
Back story? Sure. But I will skip the weird part since it seems far fetched to most people. Anyway, it was his birthday party at his house.
We were about 12-13ish. He had gotten an inflatable bouncy castle for the occasion (it was "The Little Mermaid" style because the place didn't have any others) and at one point his dad and his uncle thought it was a good idea to charge into one of the pillars. It didn't seem to do much...at first. Then the tower folded in on one of the jumps, it almost looked like it was starting to deflate, but it was just the one tower that collapsed and was pinched in a way that the air didn't make it stand back up. I had just left the "castle" to get some iced tea and there was my friend, and some of his cousins inside it still. I saw the cousins come out, but my friend was still no where to be found. As you would imagine I started to painic and wonder why his parents or family aren't doing anything. Then I hear his mom say "Stay away from the castle until we figure out how to fix it." The uncle started to head to the air pump and aside from me wondering how the fuck that would fix it, I started looking around for my friend, just in case I missed him somewhere. Then I hear a very faint, muffled screaming. The voice I only regconized because I had heard him in pain before. My friend was still in the tower. I looked to see if anyone else heard it, but no one seemed to, so I took off my shoes, put the glass on the table, and dashed inside the tower, hearing the bunch of adults yelling at me not to go in, but I had to see if he was in there. Sure enough, I look at the ground were the tower collapsed and I saw a tuff of hair and a bit of a finger poking out, all while still hearing the muffled yell. (Something I can never forget) I didn't want to think of how he was still able to scream, or if he was trying to move, just wanted to get him out of there. I started to wedge myself under the tower, in an attempt to give just enough clearance for him to move. I don't know if I actually moved the tower up or just pushed the floor down, but it opened up and there I saw my friend laying next to me. I just started to yell at him to go, at first he hesitated, but he then quickly scrambled to move out, but the "bounce houses" (whatever you want to call them) aren't known for their tracktion with socks. As he started to move out, my arms felt too strained and had to stop. The tower came back ontop both of us, but I was still half out and I could see his head was out. So I took a deep breath and pushed again until my arms couldn't take it. He had made it out. I of course got out in time but for awhile I just layed in there catching my breath. Once I got back inside, my friend was crying and his dad was yelling at him. Wanting to get out of the situation, I went to the other room for something to drink. As I came back, I looked back at my friend and his dad. The father was yelling at him to stop crying, of course, that wouldn't stop him from doing so. The kid was pretty shooken up. Then he started to beat him. (Also something I can't forget) The father then looked back and saw me. I was scared shitless thinking he was going to do something to me. Then I was surprised because then he just said, "You see! Now you're embarresing me in front of Kyle!" (that is my name :p). I just hurried out the back door, not wanting to be more ammo. My friend stayed inside for a long while after that, and I wasn't allowed back in until he had come out. One thing is for certain, I dispise that man. (Wow, that was a longer rant than I thought...)

TL;DR: Look at the top, I said it before my rant :p

likalaruku

Nov 29, 2008
I have seen dead two headed babies in jars in a medical museum....I have seen a bloodied mangled corpse in a car accident....I saw the Gadaffi death video....I saw that suicide video on Jimquisition...None of these disturbed me.

I'd have to say it was the animal abuse stories that move me...The family in China that tortured kittens to death while the mommy cat watched, the fake cat in a bottle stories, the artist who starved a dog in the name of art, the redneck who held a dog by it's neck & punched it in the gut, the lady who euthanize pets she adopts & turns them into fashion accessories, the stories of soldiers gang-beating goats for training.

Animals are innocent & child-brained & do not deserve their abuse. Humanity (also dolphins, ants, & some apes) are what I would consider "evil" by default; the sort of creatures that go out of their way to torment creatures that they neighter intend to eat nor compete with for territory or mates. I can't be alone in this, because so many people who find even fake pet violence offensive will laugh if a total stranger or a best friend gets whacked in the ballsack by a steel bat.

NightmareExpress

Dec 31, 2012
Caught a bus to go home when I saw a parked car.
Out of curiosity I peered into it as the bus went by (it went right next to it). In the front seat I saw somebody leaning back in the car with their head hanging to one side (more sideways than it should have been). Their shirt was drenched in dried blood and the skin wasn't quite the right colour.

Since the car was located right next to some elementary school, I figured that somebody had to have phoned it in by this point. The next day in the paper it mentioned that the individual was stabbed by somebody in the backseat a great many times and had their throat slashed to near decapitation. Apparently the body had just been sitting there for four days.

There was also this homeless individual who was rather nice. Didn't ask for money, he just slept in a bus stop at night and went about whatever business he had during the day. Very polite to everyone, too. One day he just wasn't there anymore. Someone had hit him repeatedly with a cinderblock until his head caved in like a melon in an alleyway. Saw the scene right before the body was taken off and it was quite...messy. From that day, there's been little messages saying "R.I.P" put onto the bench and the immediate area, but nobody has ever put down a name.

Those were the most recent things.
A great deal of others, but I don't feel like writing a novel.

Slayer_2

Jul 28, 2008
I was biking home and a car took a left turn too wide and hit a deer in bike lane. The deer was sent flying and hit the sidewalk where it lay there twitching and dying for a few minutes. Neither me or my friend had a cell phone at the time and the car peeled off, leaving only the smell of burnt rubber and shattered glass/plastic from the broken headlights. We debated trying to go home and call the SPCA to the location or something, but we could see the deer wasn't far from death. You could just tell. It was disturbing, and I'm not even an animal person. That was in my top few worst moments, I remember it so vividly, almost 5 years later.

Erja_Perttu

May 6, 2009
Froggy Slayer said:
Erja_Perttu said:
A video of myself passing out. I reckon that qualifies as real life because I lived it first and that was pretty disturbing in it's own right.

It seems weak compared to some of the other stuff on here, but watching yourself go pale, start choking and go limp as a boned fish all of a sudden is freaky as all hell.
I have passed out twice. On the same day, one year apart. Except I didn't go limp at first, but sort of span to the ground, at least in the first one. In the second I had just got up from a chair, so I sort of slumped.
I've passed out plenty of times sadly, comes of having a thoroughly annoying combination of a dicky heart and low blood pressure.

the one where I just stopped midconversation, my eyes rolled into the back of my head and then, on the way down my head managed to hit a table, a chair and the floor. According to the guy I had been takling to at the time, it was a bit like pinball.

Then there's the bleep test I did in school. I'm very competitive, so I pushed myself further than my body could handle. As we all gather together at the end of the class, I wasn't feeling so hot. The last thing I remember is the teach telling us, 'so, do you think you could have done some more?'

Nope. Said my body.

The only reason I don't consider those to be as freaky as the one I posted is because no one was around with a camera for those, so I've never been able to watch them back. That first one would probably take the biscuit were that the case.

Oct 10, 2011
I have two stories tied for being the most disturbing of mine, but in different ways.

First one is when a rabid possum tried to attack my cat, and we got it cornered, but the only thing I could think of to kill it with was my bow. So I shot at it, and the arrow went through the midsection, pinning it to the wall, but it was still alive, and I wanted to put it out of it's misery, so I shot it again, through the chest. I thought it was dead, so I walked up to pull the arrows out, and it tried to lunge at me. Those were the only two arrows I had with me, but I didn't want to let it suffer and wait till it died, so I got a hammer. I missed the first swing, and hit it where the first arrow hit in the stomach, and it made blood and guts spill out, and I was very disturbed by this point. I swung again, this time hitting the head, pretty much making it splatter. I try to avoid killing things now.

Second one, some sick fucks decided to abduct all the cats in the neighborhood( we noticed them missing for a few days) then one morning I walked out to see cat body parts, guts, and blood all over the streets and sidewalk. There were also some "suicide notes" written as if the cats wrote them. Still don't know who did it.

And a bonus, my mom made me hold hands with my dead grandma for about 2 hours(my mom was in shock from it), and had me kiss her about every 20 seconds or so. It still wasn't as bad as the first two though, as it was a peaceful death.

Satan

Dec 10, 2012
Reading this thread, I am such a wimp. I would be shocked to walk into a hall with blood on the wall and things like party's and drunk people fighting make me feel grossed out and I want nothing to do with them. How do you people do it, I get scared when I hear someone chocking or fall over and in pain for long enough.

xDarc

Elite Member
Feb 19, 2009
I wanted to be a paramedic once.

Cold,waxy, gray dead baby. Opened the mouth and found blood. Looked up at the mother and saw this wide-eyed, vacant stare; realized she shook it to death. I remember the look on her face more than the baby, it made her seem like a monster.

I decided on working in an office instead.

101flyboy

Jul 11, 2010
Oh, and I can't forget, when I was about 16, a neighbors dog got hit by a school bus at 25 MPH, direct hit, the dog was crying at it limped away and it ended up struggling to our front porch and dying there.

Archroy

Sep 30, 2010
The mosy disturbing thing I've seen was in a nightclub toilet about 15 years ago. I went to the sink to wash my hands and saw a bar of soap; with teeth marks in it. Not a little nibble mind, but about a third of the bar gone in one big bite.

It's also one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

Daveman

has tits and is on fire
Jan 8, 2009
Reading this makes me feel a lot better about my one.

My sisters rabbit got flystrike. Google image search that at your peril. Anyway, we picked it up and the fur just started falling off completely on it's back half, just brushing it lightly removed a lot of it revealing the writhing mass of maggots underneath. We picked off the maggots but then they kept crawling out of her anus as well. After reading on the internet we should apply some iodine to her we did, which in turn caused all the deeper maggots to start crawling out of the huge number of wounds on her skin. There were just hundreds. I asked my mum to let me just kill it to put it out of it's misery but she insisted we try and save it. I spent about 3 hours picking maggots out of that rabbit. It died two days later.

Catfood220

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 21, 2010
VanQQisH said:
I work in a Pathology Lab so I have seen (and touched) every part of the human body. Everything from eyeballs to livers to brains and hearts and entire limbs. Add the words gangreen or cancered or infested or what-have-you to the front of any of those and there's a good chance I've seen it too.
I've got a lot of respect for people like you. I work as an undertaker so I have no problem with handling dead people. This last Christmas day night, I was on standby and I got called out to collect an overweight guy that had died on his sofa and had been dead for over a week. You can probably imagine the state he was in. It took 3 of us to move him and every time we moved him, blood and other fluids just leaked everywhere, the smell was terrible to the point that one of my collegues was almost sick.

It was the worst thing I've seen in almost 6 years in the job, I'm just glad that it wasn't in the summer. The point I'm getting at is that he obviously had to go for post mortem and I felt sorry for the people who had to do that job, there is no way I would have wanted to do that.

MSfire012

Jul 9, 2011
I was 5. Me and my mother were crossing the streets during the night when suddenly we came across a car accident. But it wasn't regular one. The car hit a guy driving his bicycle. The guy was laying in the ground unconscious on a pool of blood. He was barely breathing. We called the ambulance, but I don't think he survived.

Abomination

Dec 17, 2012
I was at the Phuket Boxing Day Tsunami. Lucky for me I was on a boat at the time so the wave passed right under me.

When I got back to shore I saw people retrieving bodies out of an underground, beach-facing mall. I saw them recover the body of the man who the day before had sold me a coffee and had a friendly broken-English conversation with.

I still can't forget his face but I never knew his name.

Joe136

Mar 15, 2011
Well, I didn't really SEE it, but I experienced it. A little more than a year ago, I was driving with 3 friends in my car. I hate to admit it, but I took a turn too sharp and we ended up rolling 2 and a half times.

I remember feeling the car tip, reaching over to try to keep the passenger safe, and then blacked out. I'm not sure if I was knocked unconscious or blacked out for some other reason. I could have just had my eyes closed for all I know, but it seemed to last for several minutes. During the darkness, all I could hear were screams, glass breaking, and metal crunching. I swear I sat there in darkness for several minutes crying about how I've killed my friends and ruined, if not ended, my life.

Well, it turns out I wasn't crying, and it did not last that long. I came to before the car came to a stop and was out of the door the second it was steady. I went back in and got everyone else out. The entire ordeal couldn't have lasted more than a minute, and everyone was miraculously okay for the most part. My head and arm hurt, and someone got a minor cut on their finger. (not even any stitches needed) Hooray for seat belts!

I got home after sorting everything out and just sat still for a few hours thinking about everything. I know that night will stick with me forever. If Hell exists, I imagine it would be like that darkness.

TL;DR

Always wear your seat belt. :)

minka1995

Jan 6, 2011
Seems like nothing compared to some of the stuff here but anyway...
When I was 15, I had to put down my pet rabbit and its litter of baby rabbits, they had all caught Myxomatosis, there is no treatment, and the vaccination is banned in Australia, the only way to deal with it is to end their suffering.
I often go hunting pest rabbits at a friends farm so I know how to quickly put them out, of course discharging firearms in a town is a bad idea so I had to put them out by hand. It was the worst thing, to put out the mother and the 7 week old litter that I had helped raise from birth, I felt really bad for my sister who loved those rabbits more then anything.

Zack Alklazaris

Oct 6, 2011
I guess you can say I've been pretty lucky... aside from what I've seen in videos I really haven't seen anything horrific. I think the worse thing I've seen is a Mom just off and abandon her kid, but that happens all the time and really isn't so much horrific as just tragic.

MortisLegio

Nov 5, 2008
While in Thailand I saw a whole street filled with shops where grown men have sex with children.

In China, I saw a guy with a half melted face and while the other half had grown into his shoulder.

In Israel, I saw a building filled with bullet holes and a blown up tank turret sitting next to it.

I've watched starving children ask for money and a man come up and steal it from them.