Most disturbing/unforgettable moment in gaming.

SeriousSquirrel

Mar 15, 2010
The part in Saints Row 2 where you give a guy a Texas Burial is pretty disturbing. I hate going into the Sith temples on Korriban too.

DocMcCray

Oct 14, 2010
Going obscure on this one.

Eternal Darkness. There is one scene in the mansion where you are given the oppurtunity to check the bathtub. What happens afterwards freaked me out so badly I dropped my controller.

Second playthrough: I knew what was going to happen. Steeled myself for it. Clicked the tub. Dropped the controller again.

Third playthrough: Skipped the entire damn thing. ;)

dakorok

Dec 8, 2010
Amnesia: The Dark Descent.
THE ENTIRE FREAKING GAME

Also, falling into lava and losing all your diamonds in minecraft.

PsionicAtlas

Apr 7, 2010
dakorok said:
THE ENTIRE FREAKING GAME

Just generally being unprepared for zombies in Minecraft is frightening. 30 kilometers underground, only 3 mining picks and 2 torches with a ton of stone, then you hear the sounds in the walls.....PSHHHHHHHHHHHH *boom*

dakorok

Dec 8, 2010
PsionicAtlas said:
dakorok said:
THE ENTIRE FREAKING GAME

Just generally being unprepared for zombies in Minecraft is frightening. 30 kilometers underground, only 3 mining picks and 2 torches with a ton of stone, then you hear the sounds in the walls.....PSHHHHHHHHHHHH *boom*
Judging from the sound effect, I assume you meant Creepers. Either way, I agree. The only time that Minecraft has made me actually scream is turning around into a creeper.

xdom125x

Dec 14, 2010
Still has to be the hand things that come down from the ceiling in the Forest Temple in Ocarina of Time for me. I didn't play that game for a couple of years after my first run in with them.
Jefw said:
The nuke in COD 4, cold sweat.
That made me ask "What did I do wrong?"

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
"SPIOLERS"

In fallout New Vegas while the legion are pretty nasty there was an incident not related to them that stood out to me

while Looking for some missing refugeees from the aerotech park you investigae two salvagers Dermont and Saint James, Saint james already seems pretty weird but what ever, then you find Dermonts records on capturing people and selling them to the feinds for Rape/tortue/murder

usually families with young girls/boys he talks about a Baby that is useless "but it makes the mother do as shes told" or he wanted to get more for the 7 year old "let her grow" and he's so indefferent to it all there was one quote that even made me angry "Got to keep saint james off the girls, not even Feinds want used goods" the whole slavery thing in general made me angry

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
These are all good, and I recognize many of them. But seriously...

NO ONE'S MENTIONED F.E.A.R 2's ENDING?! That is the most disturbing (in the truest sense of the word) thing that has EVER crossed a video game. Yes, Pyramid Head in Silent Hill 2 was disturbing. Silent Hill 3 made it hard for me to sleep some times. Dead Space's monsters are disgusting. The Suffering had those weird...things. None of that compares to F.E.A.R 2's ending. None of it.

Most unforgettable...hm. For me, either Half-Life 2 Episode 2's ending or the nuke in Modern Warfare. Aeris would have been it if someone hadn't spoiled if for me before I got to that part.

ReservoirAngel

Nov 6, 2010
"Just hack an extremity off where I can see ya *****" is all the info you need.

Also I might be weird with this one, but: the first encounter with a fast headcrab zombie in Ravenholm. It still haunts my memory to this day. That horrible scream, then seeing it jumping from the rooftop as a silhouette. Then it comes charging towards you!

Shade184

Nov 11, 2009
cimil said:
The part in Saints Row 2 where you give a guy a Texas Burial is pretty disturbing.
At that point I was thinking two thoughts: "Damn, that's cold.", and "Take that, you ************."

Veldaroth

Jul 21, 2009
dommyuk said:
The Dead Hand at the bottom of the well in Ocarina of Time. That thing just screws with the head.

YES!! Everything at the bottom of the well freaked me out, but that was certainly the worst!

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
Best of the 3 said:
For me it was at the end of HL2 episode 2 when...

Eli dies

[sub][sub][sub][sub][sub][sub]I still don't know if I can put this without spoilers yet xD[/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub]
What? MADNESS!!! why would you spoil such a thing for me!?
[sub][sub][sub][sub][sub][sub][sub][sub][sub][sub][sub]JK I all ready new that...[/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub]

OT: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow Of Chernobyl all of it from beginning to end I just completely lost myself in that game...

BanthaFodder

Jan 17, 2011
I remember one game... you raise an adorable animal... feed it, love it, watch it grow... then you use it to fight to the death... you watch the light leave it's eyes... all in the name of becoming a Pokemon Master...
*trollface*

Legion IV

Mar 30, 2010
Am gonna for more of a obscure moment that wasint really throwing up disturbing but just hard to watch and listen.

Spoilers!!!

Armored Core For answer. I am a HARDCORE devout member of orca and still am. I made a an orca banner in rlf and hang in my room (Proffesionly made)

It was just so hard to watch as Thermidor leaves you a meesage saying everyones dead in orca and its up to you. You go to your destination there 2 NEXTS both extremmly highley ranked and hard then.... you see Ostarva (Thermidors alyias) You call him out on it and he says "The man thermidor you speak of his dead it is only ostdarva. I have never been so choked, depressed, sadened and shocked in a game. I still dont know why he did it.

I must say strong and reform orca. Orca for life....

Feralcentaur

Mar 6, 2010
A part of Mass effect 2 DLC involving experiments on an autistic man....it was creepy as...something.....

BanthaFodder

Jan 17, 2011
on a serious note, the moments that have stayed with me are several parts of Red Dead Redemption. you get SO attached to Miss MacFarlane (I have to call her that), and when you hear that bastard talking about what he thinks his gang is doing to her... if we didn't need him for the trade-off, I woulda shot him then and there...
also from Red Dead...
"VIVA, VIVA, VIVA MEXICOOOOOOOOOOHOHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!"
that scene ou kept stored in the darkest reaches of your memory?
yeah, it's back
*trollface*