Most Embarassing/Stupid Gaming Moment (tell truth now!)

Aussie_Pom

Oct 24, 2008
I've had so many embarassing gamer moments, too many to name, but i have absolutely shat myself on occasions playing condemned, even on the second or third playthrough.

I refused to play it at my mate's house, unless it was either the middle of the day, or we had all the lights on, needless to say i got a bit of a ribbing for a while after that

Flour

Mar 20, 2008
cobrasting14 said:
Wow, I am going to go way back with this one. My friend that lives down the street and I got Gamecubes for Christmas, and my friend bought Phantasy Star Online. I would go over to his house almost every day and we would play the offline Co-op mode, and it was a blast. My friend had a level 90-something hunter, and I had a lvl 78 ranger.

So one night I asked if I could borrow the game so I could catch my guy's level up. During my solo run, I picked up a rare rifle that blew away every other gun that was available to me, so I got pretty excited, as you can imagine. I soon after went to sell my treasures and old weapons away at the store; and, to my dismay, I accidentally sold away that rare rifle.

I quickly jumped up to turn off the gamecube... in the middle of a save process...
A little hint to anyone who plays video games. HEED THE WARNING, DO NOT SHUT OFF YOUR SYSTEM MID-SAVE!!!!!

Needless to say, I turned my Cube back on to find a corrupt save file. My friend hated me for about a month after that.
PSO is great. But selling a rare rifle is fairly common because it's so easy to sell everything, with no chance of getting it back.

My dumbest moment comes from the same game, just a bit higher level.
My level 140 SKYLY HUnewearl, after grinding the Pouilli slime for a few days I got one of the best weapons a SKYLY could possibly get(Demolition Comet, 50% drop, Pouilli Slime 1/512 chance of appearing) first I manage to mess up the special stats(pressing "yes" too fast, getting +5% hit, out of a possible +25% hit) then I sell the damn weapon because I pressed the "sell" button too fast.

I deleted that character after that mistake, and made a HUcaseal.(HUnewearl is basically a battle mage, HUcaseal is a robot, I went from strongest magic to highest evasion)

Gotham Soul

Aug 12, 2008
Well, I have two things to contribute, both from World of Warcraft.

My first is after I popped 70 and celebrated the cap (This was my first character). I then boldly asked in trade chat "How often do daily quests refresh?"

You won't believe how many whispers I got over that one.

And the second time was with the same character. I had never heard of Warlock macros, so when he soulstoned me the macro was something to the effect of "-name- can just go AFK, we have a soulstone in place." I thought he really WAS telling me to go AFK and so I did. Group wipes and people ask me why I'm not healing.

My response: "He told me to go AFK!"

spark117

Aug 13, 2008
I am a big fan of counter-strike:source, it was one of the first rounds i played(my buddy's said it was great,still play it 1.5 years later) with couple of said buddy's,we went de_dust_2,and i went CT with a friend of mine,i was the last alive and killed all the T's,but they had already deployed the bomb,i ran to the bomb to realise,i didnt had any idea which key i needed to press to defuse it :S

still play with said buddy

curlycrouton

Jul 13, 2008
Being the careful, methodical gamer that I am, I can't say I've had any extremely embarrasing moments.

I've got quite a bit of abuse for using an aimbot for Halo though...Me and about ten friends all went on this one server with our aimbots.
Fun for all.

Death Magnetic

Aug 10, 2008
I was playing COD 3 and it was my first time in a while on a fps. An enemy came out of nowhere and made me jump so in retiliation I threw the controller at the TV to try and kill him. It didn't work and it wasn't really good tactics.

-Ricky

Cheesus333

Aug 20, 2008
Not embarassing for me, but rather my friend. We still laugh about it to this day.

Playing multiplayer RedSteel, and I glitched myself into the oven on the Restaraunt level. He attepted to flush me out with a grenade, as suggested by me, but tragically misjudged trajectory. As the grenade soared majestically through the air, a look of horror spread across his face. It bounced off a large fish which was hanging from a meat hook, flew back across the same flight path, and came to rest at his feet. -1 point for him, utter hilarity for me.

And that's how he earned the title 'Masterfully Explosive Fishmonger'

Jimmyjames

Jan 4, 2008
Return to Castle Wolfenstein: multiplayer. I was trying to be all cool and lead everyone. I called a rally point where someone on the German team had put an explosive. It killed everyone.

NiceGurl_14

Aug 14, 2008
Mine was probably when I played for like 6 hrs and after leveling up my characters to fight the final boss, I didn't save my game and for some reason or another I turned my console off T~T

Sombra Negra

Nov 4, 2008
I fell off the bridge to Arefu, in Fallout 3. Luckily I went into water. The second time I decided to jump off the bridge and landed on a boulder, then promptly died. Facepalm.

Jursa

Oct 11, 2008
S.T.A.L.K.E.R Clear sky. After passing through about a dozen of deadly anomalies and radiation alive with the artifacts in my hand and went out of the deadly anomaly zone and died from a 4 foot drop.

D_987

Jun 15, 2008
COD 4 - One shot One Kill - I spent about an hour before finally completing that mission on Veteran, on the run where I finally completed it I got some glitch where one of your soldiers around the helicopter blocked me from getting in - I didn't know what was happening and ran around the helicopter really slowly about 3 times trying not to die.

I beat the level...just....

TheColdHeart

Sep 15, 2008
On Counter Strike about to enter the hostage room and selected the grenade not flashbangs threw it and killed them all, my team were less than amused at that one...

Wondering why my 360 wouldn't turn on and thinking it had bricked again, to discover I hadn't put the batteries in the controller was pretty dumb.

SwampCandle

Nov 3, 2008
F1 Championship Edition: My friend was round and I said to him "watch me do Valencia without crashing or hitting another driver".

I hit Mark Webber, and span off utterly destroying my car on the first corner......the shame.

Jolly Madness

Mar 21, 2008
BF2 online, no one was able to kill eachother so it ended up as a pure knife-war with 8 people involved, I threw a grenade, killed 4 enemies and 3 friendlies. *BOOT* Also setting my helicopter against a house and jumping out leaving the co-pilot to faceplant against the wall was also quite a stupid thing to do.

sneak_copter

Nov 3, 2008
This is Very Very Embarrasing.
My dad is about 40 and had never played a game before in his life.
In a local splitscreen match of Gears of War, he killed me
NINE times in a row.

Danglybits

Oct 31, 2008
I remembered another one, I was playing Twilight Princess and I pulled out the Spinner, then being a loser I said, "WEE SPINNEY THING!" My cat who was sleeping on the couch next to me jumped up and stared at me as if to say, "Are we gonna do that again, you asshole?" He stared at me for no less that 5 min. I embarrassed myself in front of a quadruped.

The other one is because in Sons of Liberty I used to tranq everyone then go up to them and shoot them in the face. Not realizing that they respawned and because I had some kind of heartfelt desire to waste my ammo.

Di22y

Oct 20, 2007
Cat gun, what flippin cat gun argh what you on about you stupid woman, lock on with the cat gun I've got rocket launcher surely that'll do more damage than a cat shut the **** up. End o Crisis