Most Embarassing Video Game Confessions

INF1NIT3 D00M

Aug 14, 2008
I played both Kingdom Hearts games all the way to the end, only to flake out on the final bosses. I spent upwards of two hours trying to beat the second form of the boss in KH1 before I admitted defeat, assumed everybody died or got what they wanted, and left it at that. I had to give up on the final boss in KH2 because I'd been going at it for nearly 3 hours, it was 3 AM, and my cries of anguish were preventing my family from sleeping. If I remember correctly, I beat the flying thing, then it's second form, and then when I saw I had to fight in the purgatory place, I gave it the old college try then returned the game to blockbuster. That was it. I didn't care by that point anyway. I only really played them for the disney bits, so by the end of both it was just loads and loads of Final Fantasy angst and ridiculous monologues broken up by frustrating boss fights.

I'm sure there are other moments. Give me a bit, I'll probably experience some more embarrassing failures today.

JoesshittyOs

Aug 10, 2011
Not the most embarrassing thing, but there's a gun in Black Ops 2 called the KSG. They put it in the shotgun category (because it's a shotgun), but instead of shooting pellets it shoots a slug (one big bullet in layman's terms).

For a good whole day I was running around with it, wondering why I was missing shots at literally point blank range. When I finally looked at the bullet hole in the wall after I shot, I still didn't fully comprehend that it wasn't a true shotgun. I just kinda stared at it like "there's no fucking way this game is fucking with me like that".

ScrabbitRabbit

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2012
On SMT: Lucifer's Call I had my MC focus (doubles your physical attack power) then used a load of buffing and debuffing spells to increase my power even MOAR. Then I had him use an all-hitting physical attack... but it turned out that all of the enemies before me reflected physical attacks, hitting my MC three times for over 2500 damage each.

My MC has about 600 health. He died.

triggrhappy94 said:
In short, I died within the first five minutes of Fallout 1.
That isn't embarrassing, it's standard :p You will die a LOT early in the game, and then it will get easier for the most part.

Save early and save often!

Also, make sure you visit the town between the first cave and the vault; you'll need a rope(?) when you get to the vault. You don't want to know how long it took me to figure out that there even was a town there...

william12123

Oct 22, 2008
I tried playing Arcanum: of steamworks and magic obscura. Got killed like 5 times by ailing wolves, then abandoned the game. Despite everything and everybody saying I should love it.
I also dont play games without a tutorial. I mean darn it, if you're using unintuitive controls, and expect me to try to figure them out myself? I came here to play, not to deal with videogame bureaucracy.

Miyenne

May 16, 2013
I think my best(worst) moment was back in vanilla WoW.

Two of my friends and I were level 60s in Tier 1 and 2 gear. Two warriors, and I was a rogue. For shits and giggles we decided to train all of the Deadmines all the way to Van Cleef. (I think that's his name, been so long.)

We were doing fine, it was easy.

Then I got a phone call, so I told the two guys to hold up a moment, we'd made it to the ship but weren't up to the boss yet. They didn't wait.

Three level 60s in epic gear wiped in the Deadmines.

Angelowl

Feb 8, 2013
Rome, Europa Barbarorum, Medieval 2, Third Age, Empire. All the total war games + mods I've played. I repeatedly win two fronts war against hard/hard (or higher) AIs when everyone hates me. Even in the campaigns that are downright unbalanced. Tend to steamroll or grind down any foe in strategy games without too much difficulty.

And STILL I get my ass kicked to hell and back again by the mongols in Medieval 2. They are downright cheating when they spawn in my backyard with several elite armies at once. Could be that I insist on playing the byzantines as I never reached the last tier of units.

That and after practically winning the match in Killzone 2, I have a tendency to bounce grenades back to my feet.

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
Nouw said:
I used a walkthrough for Portal 1 *hangs head in shame.*

Only once though, I promise D:
Hah~
I used a walkthrough in Portal 2, some of that stuff is real confusing. >.>
Also I'm stuck at a part and I gave up. :/

But my biggest embarrassing confession is ... I button mash most of the time in fighting games.
I mean I really, really hate remembering things like that.

Confession number 3!
When I was younger and I first got a Wii ... I was scared when I came up to the first Piranha Plant in Twilight Princess. T_T

BayouStalker

May 31, 2011
Fallout 1 and 2 will likely brutally slaughter you until you get used to character creation, when to run, when to fight, when to use random people (Friends and foes) as bullet sponges. It has a steep learning curve, but once you get used to it, it is pretty smooth sailing from there.

Just save a lot.

Church185

Apr 15, 2009
I'm probably the worst Super Smash Bros. player who has ever lived. Any time my friends get together and play this game I always come in 4th every single match. I'm hoping maybe with the new one coming out for the 3DS I can practice a little bit in my own time, but I'm still afraid I won't get any better.

Mitsozuka

Dec 6, 2007
Here's an embarrassing one.

I got REALLY far into Portal 1 a while back, and I was kicking BUTT, too. I felt like such a damn genius for a long while, I was solving puzzles, no walkthrough, just non-stop intelligence versus GLADoS's most fiendish designs...

And then came the turret section right by the big Rat Man secret room.

Three turrets in a room, and no really effective way to knock them out without getting shot a bunch.

I got scared. I tried three different times to get through the puzzle, but I couldn't do it. I never DIED though, and that was my problem. I had gotten that far without dying, and something triggered in my head that made me not WANT to die, so I stopped. I saved the game, put it down, and haven't even bothered trying again since.

I never beat Portal because I'm scared of killing Chell. :C

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
My most embarassing gaming confession is that i play fighting games online and lose to THIS GUY.
The Wykydtron said:
Yes him .

OT: Also being manly 6 foot 2 sexy black guy that i am, it's embarassing to admit that i cried atthe end of Xenosaga episode 3 last year . Not just tears , i cried like a little ***** . The one and only time a game made me cry .

Prime_Hunter_H01

Dec 20, 2011
ScrabbitRabbit said:
On SMT: Lucifer's Call I had my MC focus (doubles your physical attack power) then used a load of buffing and debuffing spells to increase my power even MOAR. Then I had him use an all-hitting physical attack... but it turned out that all of the enemies before me reflected physical attacks, hitting my MC three times for over 2500 damage each.

My MC has about 600 health. He died.
I know how you feel, I had a similar experience in Persona 4.

So for every new enemy I try every element to find the weaknesses, In the Void Quest level there were some red beetles. Now not putting 2 and 2 together I start my experimentation with a the hit all fire spell. Then there is that moment where time moves slow when you see the reflect shields pop up and you know, "Shit, this is gonna hurt." So game over by my own fire spell. Took me about a week to get back to it, because a fuck up like that would make any one rage quit.

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
krazykidd said:
My most embarassing gaming confession is that i play fighting games online and lose to THIS GUY.
The Wykydtron said:
Yes him .

OT: Also being manly 6 foot 2 sexy black guy that i am, it's embarassing to admit that i cried atthe end of Xenosaga episode 3 last year . Not just tears , i cried like a little ***** . The one and only time a game made me cry .
Wait you're a sexy black guy? O.O

How is losing to a perfectly good P4A player embarrassing? Oh is it the fact that you're one of the Fight Stick Master Race getting beaten by some ridiculously good looking 6'1 white guy with a standard 360 controller?

Fight stick? More like, WASTE OF MONEY LOL!

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
Apart from Final Fantasy IX I haven't completed a single FF game in spite of playing them like possessed as a kid. Either I got to the last area and quit or I've started over again and again. My FFIX victory was very recent too. Started it up again after 10 years since the last time and blazed through it.

Used the dragon head cheat in Dark Souls as well. Haven't exactly been a secret(talked about it a few times on this site), but I'm not proud of it. Just couldn't be arsed to play it as intended.

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
FourCartridge said:
My confession is that I sometimes play as girls(I even ran a female Khajiit mage in Skyrim).
That's your worst confession?

Hell, I usually play as a female if the game has a character creator. I made my Saints Row: The Third character a Russian punker who was basically a female version Nightwing combined with The Punisher.

OT: I'm terrible against the computer in Chess. I get draws more often than wins even with the AI difficulty extremely low. I don't think I ever learned the intricacies of the game. But I'm also pretty bad at puzzle games. Just the other day I had to look up a video for one of the puzzles in the "Metaphysics" section of The Swapper.

theaudioprophet

Jun 19, 2013
I sometimes play GTA 4 walking at normal pace, waiting for red lights that kind of thing and I weirdly enjoy it

God, I'm boring

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
The Wykydtron said:
krazykidd said:
The Wykydtron said:
Yes him .

Wait you're a sexy black guy? O.O

How is losing to a perfectly good P4A player embarrassing? Oh is it the fact that you're one of the Fight Stick Master Race getting beaten by some ridiculously good looking 6'1 white guy with a standard 360 controller?

Fight stick? More like, WASTE OF MONEY LOL!
I totally forgot you're on pad ! WILL THE EMBARASSMENT NEVER STOP?!?!

However now i know why you are always jumping . Must be by accident The joystick on a xbox controller is trash.

Also HOW COULD I LOSE TO SOMEONE SHORTER THAN ME! T_T