Most likeable celebrities?

mitchell271

Sep 3, 2010
Wil Wheton is up there for me. Met him at a local con a couple weeks back. Despite officially charging for pictures and signatures, he had no problems taking a quick picture. Also, the guy was complementing someone's Halo Grunt cosplay. That was pretty cool.

And in no particular order:

Lady Gaga
Yes, I know she gets a lot of hate for being flamboyant and over-the-top but I respect that because she wears her opinions proudly and she just does not give a fuck. Also, her acoustic songs are absolutely beautiful.

Matt Heafy (Trivium)
From all the interviews and all of the videos I've seen about him, he seems like a great guy. Funny, a bit of a foodie and pretty chill. Plus, I've got a bit of a man-crush on him...

Jennifer Lawrence
Like the OP said, she seems really down to Earth and a genuinely nice person.

Ellen Degeneres
I don't watch her show because she interviews people I don't care about but from the occasional times I have, she was consistently funny, adorable and nice. Gotta like her for that.

Rowan Atkinson
I mean, it's Mr. Bean! Plus, his interviews are great and again, seems like he'd be fun to have a coffee or a beer with.

Shinsei-J

Prunus Girl is best girl!
Apr 28, 2011
hazabaza1 said:
How did you not say the man himself,
I'd just like to have a conversation with him and if he had the time he'd probably be quite delighted to just chat as well.
[sub][sub]THE MAN IS FLAWLESS![/sub][/sub]

lunavixen

Jan 2, 2012
I'd have to say Tony Todd and Barbara Eden, I've met both and they are utterly fantastic people, Tony Todd in particular is very chill and easy to talk to.

I think Stephen Fry is really cool, he seems very down to earth and the type you could have a chat with, I'd like to meet him some day

There are a few more celebrities i'd like to meet

Trololo Punk

May 14, 2011
mitchell271 said:
Ellen Degeneres
I don't watch her show because she interviews people I don't care about but from the occasional times I have, she was consistently funny, adorable and nice. Gotta like her for that.
She seems to do a lot of stuff for charity and people in need. But I've been hearing lately, at least on like a professional level and a boss. She's kind of a *****. But that could be any Boss to Employee relationship I suppose.

OT:
Cause so many other people have good examples, I just post one. George Takei is supposed to be a really nice guy and is really good with the fans that come out to see him. Spending just that extra little effort to interact with the people he's signing autographs for.

Remus

Reprogrammed Spambot
Nov 24, 2012
Ben Affleck. He strikes me as someone who's a hair away from chaining himself to a redwood tree and now he's a director. I forsee nothing but good things from him in the future.

LetalisK

May 5, 2010
theparsonski said:
For me, I'd have to go with Jennifer Lawrence.
mitchell271 said:
Jennifer Lawrence
She just seems like the kind of girl who would share her weed with you, right?
(a cookie to anyone who gets that extremely obscure reference)

I dunno, I hear Bryan Cranston is an extremely nice guy.

BloatedGuppy

Feb 3, 2010
Kenbo Slice said:
Keanu Reeves from what I understand is an insanely nice guy. He just comes off as a guy you can kick back with.
Ridiculously tragic life story. It's hard not to feel for/admire the guy given all he's been through, and the fact he keeps truckin' along in spite of it.

OT: I'll go with JGL, who seems like a genuinely likable guy. I must admit though, I'm getting a little tired of his talent and good looks. Leave some for the rest of us, Levitt!

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Stephen Fry is extremely hugable. And it's impossible to dislike Patrick Stewart. Unless he like killed your pets or something. Even then though...

NightmareExpress

Dec 31, 2012
Keanu Reeves.
Not because of what he's been through (tragedies), but what he does.
Very nice person. He gave a set builder who was having troubles at home $20,000 to give him a good holiday season, donated several million dollars to Leukemia research, gave the Special Effects/Costume team behind the Matrix a whopping $75 million as thanks, requested and received a 90% paycut to get Gene Hackman onto The Replacements, routinely hangs out with fans and has no bodyguard, acts kindly to homeless people, turned down a role in Heat to star as Hamlet in a Canadian stage production and is supposedly very pleasant to hang out with.

He has also stated that money is among the last things he thinks about and that what he has already made could sustain him for centuries, that all he wants is happiness not only for himself but also for those that he interacts with and just everybody in general.

What a cool guy.

captcha: Milk was a bad choice
(I just finished drinking a glass of milk, creepy)

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
Ron Pearlman always seems like a stand-up dude.
-He got major points when He went though 8+hours of make-up just pose for some kid for the 'make-a-wish' foundation.

theparsonski

May 29, 2010
LetalisK said:
theparsonski said:
mitchell271 said:
Jennifer Lawrence
I heard she got caught smoking weed a few days after the Oscars or something? Was that it? Do I win?

To be fair, it didn't tarnish her reputation, and rightly so.

LetalisK

May 5, 2010
theparsonski said:
LetalisK said:
theparsonski said:
mitchell271 said:
Jennifer Lawrence
I heard she got caught smoking weed a few days after the Oscars or something? Was that it? Do I win?

Nope, much more obscure. To be honest, I don't expect anyone to get it. It's from one of those small groups of fan-dom that most people have never even heard of.

theparsonski

May 29, 2010
LetalisK said:
theparsonski said:
LetalisK said:
theparsonski said:
mitchell271 said:
Jennifer Lawrence

Nope, much more obscure. To be honest, I don't expect anyone to get it. It's from one of those small groups of fan-dom that most people have never even heard of.
WELL YOU HAVE TO TELL ME NOW! :(

LetalisK

May 5, 2010
theparsonski said:
LetalisK said:
theparsonski said:
LetalisK said:
theparsonski said:
mitchell271 said:
Jennifer Lawrence

WELL YOU HAVE TO TELL ME NOW! :(
The Morning Stream podcast. A running joke a couple months back was that one of the contributors liked Jennifer Lawrence because she seemed like a normal girl, like the kind of girl that would share her weed with you. It was twist on the "I like her because she seems like the girl next door" sentiment. I told you it was obscure.

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
mrhappy1489 said:
I'm going to say Sean Bean. I'm not sure why, but going by the fact that he plays"The Guy that Always Dies," I can't imagine him being a prick. Or maybe he's such a prick that's why he always dies. It's probably one or the other, but I'm going to go with he's just so nice that he's like "No worries guys, I'll die right now, you guys go on to rake in the success from whatever it is, I'm cool with that".
Nah, he seems like a decent guy. There was a quote:

"A common misperception of me is... that I am a tough, rough northerner, which I suppose I am really. But I'm pretty mild-mannered most of the time. It's the parts that you play I guess. I don't mind it. I'm not a tough guy. I'd like to act as a fair, easy-going, kind man at some point."

Seems like a decent chap.

Wolf In A Bear Suit

Jun 2, 2012
Yeah I ditto Jennifer Lawrence. She does a lot for her public image by simply not being a complete idiot. She seems really nice and hot. Just down to earth, and a good actress too.

KR4U55

Mar 12, 2012
I'd say Stephen Amell, I've seen some of his interviews and he's like a nice guy. Other than that I don't know.