Most mind blowing bugs

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
I was playing Master of Orion 2 recently and this happened
For those of you who never played it (get it at Good Old Games) seeing a few hundred ships of all kinds over the course of a game is normal. Seeing over 1 billion around one planet of one kind? How the hell did that happen? They were destroyed instantly by my 5 titans and 1 battleship (try to picture that, I can't). I was so stunned I had to take a screenshot (sorry it's small, blame MSpaint) and sit here wondering holy crap how did the game do that?!

So the discussion, what bugs have you seen in games that just left you dumbfounded?

Rose and Thorn

May 4, 2012
I see all these hilarious and strange bugs from Skyrim on youtube, and I know it is strange to say this, but I am a little sad I have not experienced ANY of Skyrims weird and strange bug. Like the dragons flying upside down...

The only bug in that game I have come across is the water disappearing bug, and that bug happens A LOT!

Seriously though, if you haven't already looked up the strange bugs in Skyrim, they are apparently numerous and hilarious for the most part. Check them out if you want a few laughs.

Here is my favorite.

Ranorak

Tamer of the Coffee mug!
Feb 17, 2010
Technical wise, it was a very simple bug.
But it freaked me out!

So settle down and listen to the tale of "ARGH What the FUCK!"
This bug happened in World of Warcraft, about 4 years ago.

In the end, the client on my side simply loaded the wrong face file for a character I was looking at.

But damn... it gave this night elf male a undead face.
Sadly I no longer have a screen shot, but I found something similar on google

sanquin

Jun 8, 2011
Cyrus Hanley said:
Anything developed by Bethesda Softworks.
Indeed...it's become expected to have all kinds of mostly hilarious and sometimes a bit annoying bugs in Bethesda games. I wonder how they manage to release games with the same kind of graphical/model bugs time and time again even when they changed engines and the like. :p

MrBenSampson

Oct 8, 2011
The time I discovered that you could fly through the side of the Empire State Building in GTA4, and use it as an entrance to get under the map. The first time I saw someone go in there, I felt like a muggle witnessing a wizard going into platform 9 3/4. Also there is the swing set that launches your car like a golf ball.

TriGGeR_HaPPy

Another Regular. ^_^
May 22, 2008
Indeed, Skyrim has had some, uhh... Interesting bugs. The one which caught me most by surprise was when I saw someone swimming through the air in Dawnstar.

But my vote has to go to a bug I came across in Half-Life 2. Got lost at one point in Ravenholm, I think it was. There were bodies hanging above a street, and I had gotten myself turned around and was getting bored looking for the way to continue. Was shooting stuff with the revolver randomly until I found my way again...
Anyway, shot one of the bodies, and it started spazzing out. As in, it swang a little bit, then moved so fast that it was detached from the rope, and was bouncing between the other hanging corpses, hitting them around. After a few seconds, it slowed down, re-attached itself to the rope, and stopped moving, as if nothing had happened.
I tried it again, from a ledge a bit closer. Many shots wasted, didn't happen again. Finally, I shot it in the head, and the same thing happened. The corpse was flying around again (so fast that it looked like it was just appearing in random spots on the screen), and managed to hit me. Not only did it hurt, but it absolutely catapulted Gordon into the wall at least 20 metres behind him, killing him instantly from full health.

I've never managed to re-create that incident, no matter how I try. But good lord, if it doesn't count as the most mind-blowing, it's certainly one of the most random and funniest bugs I've come across. XD

Mar 30, 2010
Xan Krieger said:
I was playing Master of Orion 2 recently and this happened
For those of you who never played it (get it at Good Old Games) seeing a few hundred ships of all kinds over the course of a game is normal. Seeing over 1 billion around one planet of one kind? How the hell did that happen? They were destroyed instantly by my 5 titans and 1 battleship (try to picture that, I can't). I was so stunned I had to take a screenshot (sorry it's small, blame MSpaint) and sit here wondering holy crap how did the game do that?!

So the discussion, what bugs have you seen in games that just left you dumbfounded?
'Tis only a glitch with the display numbers for colony ships. It happens whenever you have more than one colony ship in orbit around a planet at a time. Let's say you have three in orbit - you will have three colony ship icons in your pop-up menu, three colony ships in your fleet tab, and 1,836,471 (say) colony ships in your orbital system pop-up. Don't worry, your opponent didn't have that many ships.

OT: My favourite was on my first playthrough of Fallout 3. I was working my way through the Library with the aid of the Brotherhood when one of them ragdolled past me courtesy of a Fiend grenade. When I looked for the corpse (hoping to steal the armour) I found the Paladin hanging with his foot trapped in the ceiling and his body gyrating around like a ceiling fan. It was absolutely hilarious and although I quickly saved my game the glitch didn't survive a reload. Shame.

Playful Pony

Clop clop!
Sep 11, 2012
I would love to post pictures of some of the really funny bugs I've encountered playing Planetside 2 BETA, but unfortunately my internet provider is having technical issues making a lot of foreign websites unable to load for no obvious reason. I have all these screenshots on photobucket, and I can't load photobucket!

Planetside 2 launches tomorrow everyone! Are you ready?! =D

Mordekaien

Sep 3, 2010
I am currently beta testing City of Steam so I am on a bug hunt now. Things like mismatched text, crafting reduces quality of armor, floating NPCS, floating PCs.... that kind of stuff. It's hilarious though.

Ad Skyrim: I too had only few bugs, once was a flying giant, the second was when the game starts, the carriage sometimes gets stuck in the gate's frame, turned on the side, and then catapulted through Helgen.

redhatman

Sep 20, 2012
I was playing the mass effect 3 multi-player once against reapers. there was only one cannibal left but we couldn't' kill him. At all. We fired everything we had and it did nothing, meanwhile this cannibal could walk through walls to shoot us. We spent 30 mins running as the game turned into a slasher movie. Then it just wondered off out of the map and the next wave arrived....

Plumerou

Mar 7, 2011
i was playing assassins creed 2 once, i was on the rooftops when i saw an archer and i just ran assassinated him with the hidden blade, then suddenly his corpse gets launched in the air with me on it, and when it finally stops, i fall to my death, have never seen that happen before and didnt manage to take a screenshot of me in the air with the crazy corpse, but it was fun xd

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
This is my favourite:

Oh New Vegas, how I love to roll my eyes at you!

sagitel

Feb 25, 2012
Rose and Thorn said:
I see all these hilarious and strange bugs from Skyrim on youtube, and I know it is strange to say this, but I am a little sad I have not experienced ANY of Skyrims weird and strange bug. Like the dragons flying upside down...
want bugs? open console (if you use PC that is) type TCL. enter then go fight a dragon...

for my self ... i haven't really saw bugs that the game created (mostly it was me playing with the console and files) and this one is the only one i remember which not mind blowing. i was playing bad piggies on PC when in the sandbox mode i had two sand bags under the thing and a wheel in front of it. i started the engines and the wheels started rotating. what happened was that the vehicle went so fast the sand bags went behind the first wheel and because of the other wheels and the wheel in front of the vehicle it looked like a giant dick going in full speed! then it hit a tunnel and went in it...

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Well, I'll tell you...the one I remember right off is from Destroy All Humans 2!

There I am in Japan as Crypto, our resident human-exterminating alien badass, causing a rampage. And brother, when I cause a rampage, you get the ultimate state of emergency on the ground. (It helps to use a Meteor Strike on buildings and large amounts of people.) So, as per my usual procedure, I possessed a human - because that is what Crypto does in this game instead of the Holobob - in order to sneaky around and cause trouble, or in fact to confuse them all by making them dance. But before I could actually do that-

[HEADING=1]BOOM!!![/HEADING]

Something exploded and the next thing I know, I'm 150 miles in space without a clue, surfing inside a human body as I hurtle towards the Earth at terminal velocity. Somehow, I got orbit-shot by this game! There was a moment of panic: I had no idea what to do. The fall would certainly kill me and the human was low on energy. One good fortune was that the state of emergency actually had time to reduce to nothing. After that, I realized "Wait...only the human will die and I'll pop out fine. THIS IS AWESOME!", and then proceeded to wait for this to happen and begin my reign of terror anew.

Good times.

hermes

Mar 2, 2009
I stopped playing Fallout 3 after some conversation with an NPC wold freeze my console... every... single... time. That conversation was required to advance a quest, and the frustration of seeing such a big part of the game locked behind a big bug (noticed I have updated the game several times at that point) was enough to make me leave the game.

Other than that, the worst I have seen is having my character freeze in Star Wars. The odd part was that everything else was unaffected; the enemies kept attacking me and all I could do was pause the game. I got killed and when I restarted everything was back to normal...

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
The very bottom pixel row of the title was cut off on my screen, so I read it as "most mind-blowing hugs".

I am so disappointed right now.

OT: In Assassin's Creed, I jumped off a wall, catapulted so high that I could see the outlines of the other cities, and fell for a couple minutes into a haystack.

HOW?

Aug 19, 2010
not sure about mind-blowing, but the coolest thing is the escaping fish in ME3. Sometimes the fish "swim out" of the tank, and appear at random locations in the captain's cabin. Once all of them simultaneously migrated through the floor, out into space. Oh what fun.

Aeshi

Dec 22, 2009
There was a pretty hilarious bug in WoW where a certain (some sort of Wolf Spirit IIRC) quest giver could be tamed if you set yourself to be "at war" with the faction he was part of... and he'd still be able to hand out the quest.

Nothing like a pet with a Giant "!" over his head to make you stand out.

And let's not forget the infamous "Mind Control the Fel Reaver" bug.