Most mind blowing bugs

Xariat

Jan 30, 2011
I was playing sea dogs 2 (or pirates of the Caribbean as it was renamed) and all was well and good until i quit playing, loaded up the next day and found out that i had about 180million gold. it was quite fun in the beginning but it basically broke the difficulty as i could just buy the best ships and best gear and raise my crew morale to max without worry.

not really a "funny" bug, but it was quite mind blowing and it came out of nowhere.

Aaron Sylvester

Jul 1, 2012
The Corrupted Blood Incident, an old WoW bug and one of the most mind-blowing bugs considering the scale and impact of it :p

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corrupted_Blood_incident

[youtube]CZ_WdYvwrDA[/youtube]

Catfood220

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 21, 2010
I remember on Legend of Zelda: Links Awakening on the original Gameboy, if you pressed select while travelling between screens, it would cause the game to freak out. It would only last for a while because the game would crash or you would get stuck in the messed up world, but it was interesting while it lasted.

JasonKaotic

Mar 18, 2009

Every point any of you have ever made and will ever make is now invalid.
[sub]It's probably best to watch it muted, the guy talking is annoying.[/sub]

traineesword

Jan 24, 2010
JasonKaotic said:

Every point any of you have ever made and will ever make is now invalid.
[sub]It's probably best to watch it muted, the guy talking is annoying.[/sub]
EDIT: Oops, never-mind. apparently my internet just glitched and I got played a completely different video (the skyrim one an earlier guy posted, where its got the dev's talking)... guess my point really was invalidated

Only glitch I've ever come across worth talking about is the famous Grand Theft Auto 3 flying tanks. If you haven't heard of it, you just spin the barrel of the tank behind you, keep on firing and driving forwards and if you go up a slight incline you'll take off.

Aurora Firestorm

May 1, 2008
Ar Tonelico 2 has a bug in the only remotely difficult boss fight, where if you don't kill the boss fast enough, it tries to use an attack that was only half removed from the game, and it crashes and freezes. Sadly, this is the one boss where you could really watch the combat mechanic shine, because every time you fight it again (all other fights than the first are optional), it gets stronger...except you still have to beat it in like three rounds, so you can't see your super elaborate spells go off or really feel a challenge.

For people who want to know, it's Raki's second fight.

Dark Prophet

Jun 3, 2009
Fallout NV probaly takes the cake, this one time I had to talk to a NPC to get a some minor side quest and the lady in question just backed away from me. I was like fuck you game I want to do this quest no matter how small it is but the lady just backed away, then I noticed she had always her face to me so I figured I'll guide her to a wall or something and she won't be able to back away anymore. Tough luck said the game and when the lady hit the wall she just started to go straight up, when I finnaly reached the wall myself she was so high that I could barely see her, when I run away from the wall she fell down and died.
Also in NV sometimes if I entered a room that was unlocked it turned out to be locked when I tried to exit the room and usully had really high lockpick skill requirement.
Another one from NV, some mine type(Don't remember which one)made deathclaws launch into space.

Krantos

Jun 30, 2009
Cyrus Hanley said:
Anything developed by Bethesda Softworks.
I've mostly given up correcting people on this, but since you specifically mentioned Softworks, I'll point out that Bethesda Softworks doesn't publish anything, they're the publishing arm and are completely separate other than the fact they're both owned by Zenimax.

Bethesda Game Studios is the developer of the bunch.

OT, however, they do manage some pretty impressive bugs. My personal favorite was the raining mammoths in Skyrim or and the Orbital Launch Giants.

Other than that, I'm a big fan of the Cougar lady from Red Dead Redemption.

thesilentman

What this
Jun 14, 2012
I sank underneath Rome and Constantinople in the AC games. That was an interesting day I had.

Here, if anyone doesn't know what I'm talking about:

Full

Sep 3, 2012
Horse birds in Red Dead. Just a bunch horses flying around like birds. I was really sad when they got turned into to regular horses.