most original game story

timmytom1

Feb 26, 2009
JokerGrin said:
Well for ORIGINAL story (not necessarily the best though) I'd have to say Killer7.
Agreed most of the game and it`s story could best be described as "odd"

JimmieDean

Jun 11, 2009
D-Mic said:
I think pretty much everything before the SNES would qualify here. Seriously, a glimpse at a developer's bad trip was pretty much standard far for plots back then.
I couldn't agree more

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
BioShock. It was just fresh to have a game with a story like that. Full of twists and turns. It's a wonderful game with a wonderful story.

Jade Rotaski

Jun 1, 2009
Psyconaughts and Katamari Damacy-Hey it HAS a story! I don'T see many other stories where you gotta roll up shit to make stars for the king of cosmos XD

_PINK

Jun 12, 2009
Every response that is not Planescape: Torment is pathetic and wrong.

Except possibly Psychonauts.

9of9

Feb 14, 2008
Pathologic? Or maybe the Void, once it actually gets released in english at last...

oliveira8 said:
Anyway to answer I think that Dead Space was a massive rip off of Solaris and Alien.
You have me curious now. I haven't played Dead Space, but I am most intrigued - what did it borrow from Solaris?

thiosk

Sep 18, 2008
any sequal is right out.

i say final fantasy 1 because the FIRST thing you do is rescue the princess

oliveira8

Feb 2, 2009
9of9 said:
Pathologic? Or maybe the Void, once it actually gets released in english at last...

oliveira8 said:
Anyway to answer I think that Dead Space was a massive rip off of Solaris and Alien.
You have me curious now. I haven't played Dead Space, but I am most intrigued - what did it borrow from Solaris?
The whole spaceship that went to investigate a planet, brings something back from the planet, the crew starts hallucinating, they all kill themselfs and then the Alien part kicks in when..the Alien rip offs get in scene.

thiosk

Sep 18, 2008
oliveira8 said:
9of9 said:

oliveira8 said:
The whole spaceship that went to investigate a planet, brings something back from the planet, the crew starts hallucinating, they all kill themselfs and then the Alien part kicks in when..the Alien rip offs get in scene.
not really hallucinating as much as turning into crazy monsters and eating eachother

FightThePower

The Voice of Treason
Dec 17, 2008
Homeworld, Okami and Bioshock.

Top marks to Homeworld for being the only RTS I can think of with a good storyline.