Most Overpowered/Broken Anything In a Game?

Mr Snuffles

Owner of Mister Toast
Apr 15, 2009
Everything AI controlled in Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising. Seriously it takes freaking ages to get around the map, and I was on a time limit. I got killed 5 times in this one place, so I snook around it and then the extra time meant the limit overran. And before you say so, yes I was playing the game as it was supposed to be played!

Cid Silverwing

Paladin of The Light
Jul 27, 2008
0zymandias said:
Orlandu in Final Fantasy Tactics
I'd laugh if you mean "overpowered" because he more than evened out the odds.

The Scrin from Command & Conquer 3. Their aircrafts fire at your defenses well out of range and you have to pull Mammoths out your ass to bring them down

Soxafloppin

Coxa no longer floppin'
Jun 22, 2009
Blaze and Onaga from Mortal Kombat Armageddon.

They couldnt be thrown and most attacks didnt knock them back they same way they did everyone else.

Jul 9, 2008
Force Wave in KotOR 1. Let's review: Massive AOE, lot's of damage, very high chance to stun enemies, neutral power (so it takes few force points no matter what your alignment is), and the power on the skill tree before it is useful too, so it isn't like some kind of just-trust-me investment.

Ben Legend

Apr 16, 2009
0zymandias said:
I remember this guy, he was a walking tank with enough knight moves to kill anyone, made me want to chuck Ramza out of the main plot and pick up this guy's story.

Goenitz

Jul 22, 2008
0zymandias said:
Yep, I did one play through where I refused to use him or any of the broken special characters. Game is super tough if you don't abuse the broken.

KnowYourOnion

Jul 6, 2009
The fucking UMP in MW2 on hardcore!
"oh whats that you're a sniper on the other side of the map well my UMP will one shot you"

Kryzantine

Feb 18, 2010
FFVI: Autocrossbow. Literally the, "Oh fuck this" button, use it on any enemy and if it won't kill them the first time, use it again. Insanely OP.

Drof

Apr 17, 2009
Melee - Hitting someone in the face doesn't kill them and it probably wont knock them out either - is it "That" hard to let me punch someone- stagger them , then shoot them [thank you AVP]. Lot's of games are responsible for this, and that includes mw2 It would SERIOUSLY depend where you stabbed someone to kill them and it certainly wouldn't be instant.

Benjeezy

Dec 3, 2009
Le Tueur said:
Noob tubes, akimbo 1887s, akimbo Rangers, akimbo G18s, Painkiller perk, One man army and the ACR. All brought to you by Infinity Ward.
Noob tube? I believe you are referring to the Pro Pipe XD

Naw, just kidding. I hate it a little bit.

Shockolate

Feb 27, 2010
Proteus214 said:
-One hit kills.
-Shoots through walls.
-Auto target lock (through walls).

^^This fucker right here.

Fuck the Farsight.
Fuck yeah Farsight. I remember the days me and my brothers would just find a corner and start sniping eachother out.
Onyx Oblivion said:
Anyway:

And Garchomp

WHAT? I'm on a pokemon kick.
Pft, I one shotted that ***** with my Floatzel's Ice beam. Then again, I one shotted ALL of cynthia's pokemon.....and the rest of the elite four's for that matter.

Unfortunatly nothing OP really comes to mind. Except maybe tanks/chargers/hunters on expert in L4D2

SonicWaffle

Oct 14, 2009
Twad said:
MAgic in oblivion, followed by everything else in the game.
Strictly speaking, Illusion magic. This is my 'How To Win At Oblivion' guide;

- Get the invisibility spell
- Get some sneaking skill
- Get a sword
- Go invisible, get behind monster, crouch, hit monster with sword. The critical from sneak will give a 6x damage modifier, and even if they don't die, you're behind them and still sneaking so they'll just stand there wondering what hit them. Then you hit them again.

Seriously, I did the entire Arena questline in about half an hour this way.

Also overpowered are;

- Dark Khan, the final boss from Mortal Kombat vs DC. Seriously, he was a cheating prick whose attacks did about twice ordinary damage, had stun AND ranged attacks, and only took half normal damage from your attacks. Oh, and he liked to juggle you, too. Plus he had attacks that went right through blocking. He fucking defines overpowered!
- GI units from Red Alert 2, specifically the sandbag wall ability. Get a group of them together, drop them into sandbag mode, and nothing short of a nuke will beat them. More than that, you can pack up the sandbags, move them forward, and re-deploy. Using this method you can send 50 GIs across a map, destroying everything along the way, until they finally arrive in the enemy base and proceed to pound the shit out of everything. These guys are the basic infantry troopers! It's as if your entire horde on Dungeon Keeper got wiped out by a bunch of level 1 imps.
- VATS on Fallout 3, when you have the right perks. Extra VATS points to spend, full points regeneration when killing something in VATS, added accuracy for headshots, etc. Practically the last half of the game can be spent one-hit-killing things with VATS mode.

Mar 20, 2010
Experimental MIRV in Fallout 3. Protagonist uses it but its still one of the most overpowered things ive ever seen in a game. I mean it shoots 8 mini nukes at once!

Saverio

Feb 17, 2009
Ivy in Soul Caliber 3. She can knock you out in the first 5 seconds or just beat you to death from across the freaking arena.

Flour

Mar 20, 2008
Onyx Oblivion said:
inb4 noob tube
Which is stupid, grenades are twice as dangerous and can be accurately aimed and timed.

Also Mewtwo
Why Mewtwo? What I remember about the early games is that Alakhazam is a lot more broken, being faster than Mewtwo and having superior Special and Defence stats. Not that it really matters, the psychic types in RBGY are all broken. Hell, I used the Mew glitch at the earliest possible time, and Mew is probably the most broken pokemon in the game. It reached level 20 with all stats somewhere between 100 and 120, now that it's level 64 it's stats are all close to 350. Mew has rarely been hit for more than 20 damage(most don't even reach 10 damage) while murdering every opponent in two or three hits. In an exception Mew doesn't count because there's no way you'll ever get him/her/it legally.

On-Topic: Excalibur2 in Final Fantasy 9. Holy element, almost guaranteed to hit for 9999 with normal attacks if the character is somewhat decently leveled(other attacks would do a few thousand damage), but acquired in the room before the final boss and it disappears after 12 hours played(or is it 10 hours?) so if you're skilled enough to reach it you don't need it.(the SDA record for this game is 8 hours and 32 minutes)