Most Playthroughs

Kungfu_Teddybear

Legacy
Jan 17, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
Mass Effect 1 & 2, closely followed by Dragon Age: Origins. Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind and Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion are also 2 games I've played through a stupid amount of times.

Actually I'm playing through Mass Effect again right this second and will be going onto Mass Effect 2 again when I complete it.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
It's most likely Pokemon Red. One of the few games I have actually re-runned...

PAGEToap44

Jul 16, 2008
Let's see... Portal, Portal 2, Halo 3, Halo Reach, Fable 1 and Red Dead Redemption have all been played to death by me. But the most played would have to be Halo 2. I have lost count of how many times I've played it, it being the first game I played on the Xbox. I haven't played it for a while though, I really should...

EDIT: Nope, most played is The Two Towers for Gameboy Advance. So many hours of button mashing.

Feb 28, 2008
Abe's Exoddus/Abe's Oddysee probably. Must have done those games about 5/6 times. They're fantastic games, but they're so bloody difficult I don't honestly know how I had the willpower...

Xaio30

Nov 24, 2010
[HEADING=1]Baldurs Gate 2: The Shadows of Amn[/HEADING]
About six or seven runs. There you have it.

shufflemonkey16

Mar 7, 2008
Probably Half-Life 2 with 4 playthroughs. That includes all episodes. I've done the same number of playthroughs with Modern Warfare, but that's only 1/4 of the time commitment.

A lot of people have been saying Mass Effect and other Bioware games, but I find that Bioware games have very little replay value. The first playthrough of a Bioware game is always beyond fantastic, but after I've seen the whole story, the slow pacing becomes tedious and I just can't manage another go at it until at least a year or two later.

Hugga_Bear

May 13, 2010
Erm...Diablo 2? I mean I rarely completely finish it with a character but I've certainly got to mid nightmare with dozens of builds.

Pokemon Red is a possibility, though again completion isn't always the case, I'd often get bored at the 4th/5th badge kinda time.

Oh Ocarina of Time, I mean the sheer amount of time I've owned that game gives it a huge advantage and I must have got to the end about a dozen times.

Beyond that...possibly the FF games are the only ones I've played through more than once or twice. Oblivion has a few playthroughs but they're all very large. Same with Fallout 3 and New Vegas.

eta: Nevermind. Civilization 2. Or possibly Alpha Centurai. I've played both through dozens upon dozens of times. I know the opening to the WW2 scenario in Civ2 off by heart.

iDoom46

Dec 31, 2010
I've played through The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time so many times now I couldn't possibly count them all.

Second would probably Pokemon Red or Pokemon Silver.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Oblivion is hovering at over a hundred characters for me.

So, 100 playthroughs.

Each of them usually finishes at least one of the questlines.

TheSchizoid

Oct 28, 2009
Easy. Final Fantasy III on the SNES (or VI in original numbering). Even ran through it once using a Game Genie. The Ultima Weapon at level 99 is almost as long as the screen is tall!

jbchillin

Sep 16, 2010
borderlands had the most play throughs for me. i played it about 4 times co-op and about 5 times by myself. gears of war 2 was my second where i played it 4 times by myself and 4 times co-op.

OverweightWhale

Apr 19, 2010
I think for me it would be Resident Evil 4 with about 7 or 8 times completed and all the characters in mercenaries unlocked.

capper42

Nov 20, 2009
I think it's probably Metal Gear Solid 3 for me. I've played it to death, setting different goals each time, such as not killing anyone, or using certain types of weapons etc.

drbarno

Nov 18, 2009
probably pokemon, most likely one of the third generations.

Nuzlocke runs make it so interesting

irrelevantnugget

Mar 25, 2008
Metroid: Zero Mission, 26 times. Got stuck at my 27th, going for 10% upgrades on hard proved just a bit too much and I gave up halfway through. Such a replayable game, I did some sequence breaking in my first playthrough without actually realizing it. Turns out I was skipping an actual bossfight, I discovered on the third playthrough o.o

Urgh76

May 27, 2009
Wow I'm surprised by the lack of Pokemon and Crash Bandicoot in this thread.

I played those games religiously

Call Me Arizona

Apr 27, 2010
I've played Mass Effect 2 through about... 15, 20 times?

I never stopped playing Oblivion until I sold it, so I played it for about a year or two off and on for a while.