Most Playthroughs

Oct 30, 2010
Would it be cheating to count the number of times I killed Baal in Diablo 2, because that would be several hundred?

Stammer

Apr 16, 2008
Mega Man 64 (aka: Mega Man Legends)

Back in the day I got so good at it I beat it on a daily basis... for like 4 straight weeks.

smartengine

Mar 23, 2010
Numerically, Mirror's Edge, which I've beaten around 6 or 7 times.
Time wise... IDK, most time I've spent is around 300h on wow, but that probably doesn't count as beaten.

demoman_chaos

May 25, 2009
1 MGS3 file showed I beat it I think 18 times. I had many files too so I am guessing well over 25.
Demon's Souls I've beaten at least 30 times. Co-oping with a friend means doing 2 playthroughs in 1.
I have played through Sonic 1 and 2 more times than I can count, Sonic 3 a lot as well. Streets of Rage has been completed many many times.

thejackyl

Apr 16, 2008
Resident Evil 2 or Resident Evil 4. I beat both over a dozen times.

This generation though? Resonance of Fate. I loved the combat system in it, even though the story was told awkwardly, and the battle gets repetitive (especially if you get the platinum trophy like I did). I still enjoy it.

A close second is Uncharted 2, beat it halfway on Normal, it was too easy, beat it on Hard. Beat it on Crushing. I can't say I enjoyed my playthrough on Crushing though... the game felt too cheap than. Again, I platinum'd that as well.

ShotgunZombie

Dec 20, 2009
Resident Evil 4, I played that game about, and I shit you not, 18 times, not counting the time I played it on professional mode. Basically I've played that game so many times I'm a living strategy guide for it. As for why I played it so much, well because it was awesome plain and simple.

zombiestrangler

Sep 3, 2009
Some three-way tie between Dead Space, Fallout 3, and New Vegas with around six playthroughs each. Unsurprisingly, they're the only games I have all achievements for.

AmaterasuGrim

Jul 16, 2011
Many games on my list but I'll just list mgs my most played series.
MGS1 - 30
MGS2 - 23
MGS3 - 78
MGS4 - 134

GamerKT

Jul 27, 2009
Realistically, a fighting game (not a cop out, shut up). Y'know, to unlock all the characters. Probably DBZ Budokai 3. I beat the story mode sooooooooooooooo many times/. A few by accident (shut up).

GQSmoos

May 8, 2009
This is actually a really tough call. The answer is probably Link to the Past, I know I played through that multiple times on the SNES, and then a couple for on the advance. However, if you take out the criteria of having to have actually finished the game, then Final Fantasy XII is the clear winner. I'm up somewhere around 800 hours invested in that game through all the play throughs, but I've never bothered to start the final dungeon. :(

shotgunbob

Mar 24, 2009
Amphoteric said:
portal probably.

I've played through it maybe 6 times.
I replayed it a couple times then decided to play the entire game without dying. Thanks to that I probably ended up replaying it about 20 times.

Off Topic: Love your avatar

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Pokemon Blue- I've probably played that game about 20 times, mainly to try out different teams and because I can.

Borderlands- So far 3, and I'm thinking about doing a 4th, that's all with the same character mind you. I will probably do a playthrough with a different character some day, maybe with Mordecai.

God of War: Chains of Olympus- 6 times, just to unlock everything and play the game with different skins, the Scottish one was kinda funny.

Silent Hill 2- I play that game a lot, I would say about 13 times since it came out. I had it first on PC and then when I moved to a Mac I bought a ps2 and bought the game for that.

Diablo 2- Oh god, close to 30 I believe. I wanted to try out different classes and find more loot, and it's also my comfort game, no I don't have a problem!

Fledge

Jan 28, 2010
Probably Spryro 2: Gateway to Glimmer. 100% every time :p
I believe Diablo 2 would be a popular choice for this question.

nomad240

Aug 13, 2008
Bioshock I've played that game so many times I can tell you where everything will happen where you shoudl be looking to get the best Suprise and everything XD. ( worked through it 15 times )

Grotch Willis

May 10, 2011
It would be Mass Effect 2 with 6 complete playthroughs, (currently on 7th), Tales of Vesperia with 5 complete playthroughs, Fallout: New Vegas with 7 DLC not included playthroughs, and finally Dead Rising 2 with 4 playthroughs.

SoranMBane

May 24, 2009
Either Portal, Half-Life 2, HL2: Episode 2, or Dead Space 2. I know I've done somewhere on the order of ten complete playthroughs of Dead Space 2, and while I haven't been keeping track of the others, the fact that I've had them longer and that they're higher up on my favourite games list should at least make the number comparable.