Most pointless character in a game

bassie302

Feb 3, 2008
any 'companion' in Oblivion... they're personal stupid record consists of jumping in front of my hammer/arrows/spells so damn often, they'd start hitting me instead. Then ofcourse I was forced to end their lives, doing so with the biggest grin possible. (I know you can calm them again, but I choose not to for obvious reasons)

D_987

Jun 15, 2008
Your "squadmates" in COD 4 / Halo 3 - They do nothing - its always you who has to push forward and kill everyone.

Stagger P

Jul 22, 2008
The dragon fly that follows Spyro the Dragon around.

Apparently it later got the name Cynder.

That thing was largely pointless.

The Iron Ninja

Aug 13, 2008
Stagger P post=9.69498.661951 said:

I'm just nit picking here but wasn't that essentialy his health bar? (and as such not pointless)

r4ndom

Aug 24, 2008
Has to be the original loser, Luigi from Mario...

I mean, he was the taller, some say better looking of the two (and had more plumbing experience) but I never once chose him to conquer Bowser.

Oh, and Ken from Street Fighter.

Trace2010

Aug 10, 2008
Well, to be technical about it...
1)Microsoft Word is not a game...paperclip annoying anyway
2)Kimhari had his own boss battle in FFX...so you actually had to use him.
3)Navi was annoying as hell in OoT...but that damn hoot owl was more useless (did NOT give directions and did not give clues on where to go).

Useless Characters:

1) Zelda in ANY game...wouldn't she like learn the first thirty times she was captured?
2) Zangief, T-Hawk in Street Fighter Series.
3) Lui Kang in original Mortal Kombat- No Real Fatality, WHY???
4) Irvine in FFVIII
5) All of the FF characters in Kingdom Hearts on the original island in the beginning of the game...what happened to them???
6) Leon from KHII (when does Rinoa make an appearance)?

D2wontdie

Aug 6, 2008
id say more than half of the AI in oblivion

i mean they have the same voice all over the map with the exact same thing to say

over and over and over again

Sasha Janre

Apr 30, 2008
Yeah, 90% of the tekken cast is superflouous, and their endings are pretty predictable, and lame to boot. Though nothing will beat Heihachi sending his son, grandson and father in a rocket to space. WTF. I still like Hwoarang XD "What? Why aren't you mad for losing to me? as;lkdfj;slkdjf THIS SUCKS."

Bringing this back on topic, I'd toss my vote in for Isshun in Okami. Yeah, they tried to make him important by making him Amaterasu's vassal to write the journey but mother of prime he was annoying. -__- all that useless text gave you the itchy button-pressy syndrome for most of the game.

Sasha Janre

Apr 30, 2008
Trace2010 post=9.69498.661963 said:
6) Leon from KHII (when does Rinoa make an appearance)?
Hopefully never. Annoying twit. -_-; I'd say she outshines Irvine for pointless character.

(I lost her in space, once. Never regretted it for a second.)

white_salad

Aug 24, 2008
Stagger P post=9.69498.661951 said:

umm he was your health bar pretty much. He was like that floating mask in crash. Anywho most pointless character is any squad member in medal of honor. Yes I know you're on my side, now get out of my way and start shooting someone.

Trace2010

Aug 10, 2008
I loved killing NPC characters off too...especially Meryl from MGS (in the room right before psycho mantis). You could find sooo many ways...especially with the all-weapon codes.

Trace2010

Aug 10, 2008
Yeah, he was pretty much useless...but that was a piss poor variation of the game anyway.

Sasha Janre

Apr 30, 2008
Trace2010 post=9.69498.661986 said:
Rock on...she never paid for her two-timing with Seifer anyway.
I don't know if it was just me, but playing through it, i felt like she was using Squall as a replacement for Seifer. I liked Squall's character enough I felt irritated that she was pushing him to become more like Seifer (then again, the others should've eased up with that whole pushing Squall to open up in stupid ways mission they had going).

Yeah, it was a great day when I lost her in space. XD; She looked like a big glimmering rock from far away! Honest.

the_tramp

May 16, 2008
smokeraven post=9.69498.661796 said:
Kimahri in FFX, i've never used him once
Yeah, I thought the same and then there was that part where it was just him fighting. Weak ass hell and I couldn't even go backwards to try and level him up beforehand.