Most rage you've ever experienced at a game glitch.

tokae

Mar 21, 2011
Jimmy Sylvers said:
I have an issue wit Fallout 3 where it's RAM usage just continues to grow until it crashes. This means every 5-20 mins i have to restart the game, resign in to GFWL etc. It is so annoying I've never gotten around to finishing it.

Hmh, memory dump-issues are not uncommon at all, even though the reasons may be totally different.
Anything from re-installing the game to completely format your computer might be the way to solve the problem.
I had the same problem with Tropico 4 and a recent Oblivion-install.. It's a *****, but not hard to fix, just time-consuming.

Taddy

Jan 28, 2010
Vampire - The Masquerade - Bloodlines, dear god so many times. I remember a glitch as a Gangrel vampire where if you used Protean (Not sure if it only affected Level 5 War Form) and Fortitude you couldn't move except whenever you attacked. So i just ended up having to leap across the room like a complete idiot. And there was that glitch where the game always crashed right after the escape from the Society of Leopold.

Thankfully that was all fixed with some patches.

Slenn

Cosplaying Nuclear Physicist
Nov 19, 2009
hittite said:
Anyone who's played Pokemon G/S/C long enough knows this one. When the internal battery runs dry, the game no longer holds saves. It doesn't warn you about this, there's no error message or anything. You just turn it on one day, and your save file is gone forever.
Dude, I remember that happening to my copy of silver. Similarly I got a copy of the original red at a used game store one time. But when I tried to save and turn off the power, the save file would be wiped every time.

OT: I had a game glitch on Ratchet and Clank 2 that made one of the protopet spawns have god-mode on the final boss. That's the worst I can think of outside of Pokemon.

Mister Swift

Disingenuously asserting.
Jan 27, 2010
holy_secret said:
Aaron Frederick said:
in LoL, talons ult could be glitched to have a 10 seconds or less cooldown... yah, Fuck that
Why do you use acronyms and expect us to understand what you mean?
There were two acronyms there, one being 'ult', which is pretty obvious, and the other being 'LoL'. If you had played League of Legends, you'd know what it meant, and if you hadn't, then you aren't expected to understand the comment anyway.

NotAPie

Jan 19, 2009
Fuck you Dead Island, I put hours and hours into you and my save goes poot? Why!? Whhhhy?!

Alcamonic

Jan 6, 2010
Stronghold 3 economical mission 2

After an hour or so getting a decent food/population/workers ratio going I start to realize that my villagers are under attack by wolves! But... this cannot be I thought to myself. I have placed a 10 meter high wooded tower at the hill, this should surely allow the archers to kill off the incoming wolves, it has for the last hour! Apparently... they were gone like the wind, and my lord is not really able to be everywhere at once so my peasants start to leave from a bad mood...

Oh well, I thought, maybe the archers went down the tower in melee, I should extra check that they are at "Hold stand defense" (meaning they do not move anywhere). Keeping an extra eye on my archers, since babysitting the AI is... a necessary evil sometimes.
So there I was, with a decent production up and going faster than last time. I check at my archers... LO AND BEHOLD! The goddamn wolves are (and I shit you not) climbing up the 10 meter tower, on a ladder mind you, effectively tearing my archers a new one very fast.

On top of all the other questionable choices in game design, I threw out a few curses and quit the game. Now I patiently await the sea of patches Firefly promised.

Sep 9, 2007
Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance mission 6.

One of the first (may even be the first) objectives is to destroy the designated buildings in the nearby enemy base. After destroying everything in the base (I wanted the resources), I was two buildings short. Having scouted the map, I discovered that there were no enemy buildings on the presently revealed section of the map, so I restarted. This time I tried a different tactic after a full restart from the main menu and ended up with THREE buildings short this time. Tried again on a different day and still couldn't get a full kill count, even when picking the buildings off with artillery. Gave up eventually and just stuck to multiplayer with friends.

Aug 20, 2011
I got the Game of The Year edition of Fallout 3, so I had all the DLC available to me right from the start. I was putting it off anyway, working on the main quest and other sidequests. I must have had at least 40 hours on there. Anyway, I decided to take a crack at Mothership Zeta. If you've played it, you know it's broken beyond belief, and long story short I quit the game for about 6 months and cursed Bethesda uncountable times.

Eventually I did force myself to "play" through that garbage level and finished the game. How they thought that was ready to ship I can't imagine.

bliebblob

Plushy wrangler, die-curious
Sep 9, 2009
Tesral said:
Facestabs. That is all.

255 updates and they still havent found a way to fix it...
It's annoying that's true. But as a die-hard spy I say it's fair compensation for failstabs (legit backstabs counting as a normal melee hit instead of insta-killing)
Look at around 3.40
If valve ever fixes either, they better fix the other bug in the same patch or there will be so much rage it will make "occupy wallstreet" look like the gay pride parade.

Xaio30

Nov 24, 2010
Neverwinter Nights 2 gave me save-file paranoia.

Why?

It has a bug that sets in when you start the game, but only show itself when you fight one of the final bosses.

The bug?

You cannot attack the boss. At all.

joshperry94

Oct 23, 2011
When attempting to get the 'Mile High Club' achievement on Call of Duty 4, I spent around 3 hours of failing at it, and then on one attempt I got to the last enemy whom is practically impossible to not kill, and the mission randomly restarted with no reason to... The timer was still at around 7 seconds (plenty of time) and nobody had shot me... :|

Funky Flump

Jun 24, 2010
cheesyman987 said:
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. In the Temple of Time, there's a part where you have to guide a statue through the temple. No matter what you do, DO NOT SAVE IN THIS PART! The statue will disappear, it will make the game impossible to beat and you will have to restart the whole game again. This is the 6th of 8 dungeons.
This happened to me...I was running around for hours before I consulted the internet, but my most rage moment must be in Fallout 3, stuck in some rocks. Teaches me not to go 10 hours without saving!

mrc390

Jan 31, 2011
In Oblivion, if you become a vampire and you want to become human again, you have to go on a quest for this witch. But on the PS3 version, when you try to give her blood grass for her potion, she won't accept it, there is no way to give her the grass so you're stuck as a fucking vampire forever.
When I was 12, this wrecked my shit, I lived in the countryside at the time so I had very sketchy internet so there was no way to look this up. I was stuck

crimson sickle2

Sep 30, 2009
My PSP broke so whenever I play a game for more than half an hour, the PSP menu that asks whether I want to quit the game pops up. I've been looking for ways of fixing this, but I can't find the receipt, because I didn't buy it, so I can't send it in for warranty repair.

Jordon Churchill

Jan 13, 2011
batman arkham asylum fake glitch i was like what the fuck is going on u guys remember it happens some where in the middle of the game

thespyisdead

Jan 25, 2010
one that really burned into my mind is Temple of Elemental Evil's inability to open, and loot corpses... later patches fixed this problem

Feb 20, 2011
Dark Chronicle (AKA Dark Cloud 2)

I was in the middle of saving when the power goes out, game corrupted.
5 YEARS of gameplay down into the dark void of corruption.

(the feeling was dread and depression at the time but now I feel a mix of rage and depresion when I think about it.)

that was the worst thing I've ever had happen on a game but the most RAGE I've felt was finding out my worms 3D game corrupted for no reason, now the R2 button on one of my PS2 controllers spring is broken, the old Sky remote was a pile of broken plastic and it was the first time I ever swore. (being 9 at the time)

nowadays I always back up my saves in at least one way, splash drive, backup folders or just saving in two memory slots.

Zerazar

Aug 5, 2010
The poor coding in Heroes of Newerth is the thing that sets me off the most. The game is just very prone to crashing on most systems.
Now, you can reconnect to your game, but if it takes 5 minutes to reboot and get back into it, the game is just usually lost anyway as your team played 4v5 for a few minutes (depending on how friendly the other team was with respecting pauses. Usually not very friendly).

Mauso88

A Simply Dignified Manly Man.
Feb 3, 2011
Oblivion. I had completed the arena and the main quest, then save file outright refused to load. I deleted all Oblivion content off my 360's hard-drive and I haven't played it since. Although, it wasn't so much rage as more of a sulk. :>