Most stylish movie?

Vrex360

Badass Alien
Mar 2, 2009
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, this is fact.that the movie industry is very much aware of. Sometimes when a movie really wants to look good and stand out amongst the crowd. Sometimes this can result in truly beautiful movies that are just amazing to look at. In most cases however this merely means style over substance.
One movie I thought that had both style and substance was the 2005 release Sin City. There was a lot of stuff to keep me watching, the big burly Marve fighting the skinny karate kicking cannibal Kevin, Miho slicing off Jackie Boy's head, John Hartigan pounding the Yellow Bastard into wet chunks or lest we forget Jessica Alba doing a truly delightful exotic dance for all the world to see. That movie had a truly great art design with comic book inspired visuals.
But that's just my opinion.

In your eyes what is the most inspiring and beautiful movie you've ever gazed upon?

Anachronism

Apr 9, 2009
The final fight scene in V for Vendetta was very stylish, with the slow-mo and the blood spraying out. I liked that a lot; it looked really good.

Also, as much as it pains me to say it, 300. The dumbest film I've ever seen, but my God, it had style.

Cpt_Oblivious

Not Dead Yet
Jan 7, 2009
Vrex360 said:
In your eyes what is the most inspiring and beautiful movie you've ever gazed upon?
Backdoor Sluts 9.

No, in all seriousness I'd probably agree with you. That or Fantasia, even if it is a bit.. creepy.

jaammiie

Master of the Universe
Jun 3, 2007
Anachronism said:
The final fight scene in V for Vendetta was very stylish, with the slow-mo and the blood spraying out. I liked that a lot; it looked really good.

Also, as much as it pains me to say it, 300. The dumbest film I've ever seen, but my God, it had style.
It's very painful to say, but yes 300 was damn stylish.

Samurai Goomba

Oct 7, 2008
Collateral. I also liked Sin City, but Collateral has moments of pure artistic brilliance. And then there are the obvious picks (for me), like Kill Bill, Death Proof, The Godfather and Lucky Number Slevin.

But I say Collateral takes 'em all in terms of artistic style. The thing is, it has substance as well. I did not mention the Matrix movies for a reason, the reason being that the Matrix films are much less stylish than they think they are. The Wachowski bros just ripped off Ghost in the Shell, dumbed it down and stripped all the win out of it to create the Matrix series, so I'm not going to give them any credit.

Oh, and I'll add Hero and House of Flying Daggers to that list of stylish movies.

Cheesebob

Oct 31, 2008
Sin motherfucking city!

Now that game had style!

Then its 300, then Resivoir Dogs, then Pulp Fiction

Xvito

Aug 16, 2008
D_987 said:
Ask a Mod to move this to the right forum.
Right you are sir.

Meanwhile, I'd like to say that the most stylish movie ever is either Sin City or Flying Daggers (or something... It was a Asian movie).

Bibliomancer

Apr 17, 2009
Xvito said:
D_987 said:
Ask a Mod to move this to the right forum.
Right you are sir.

Meanwhile, I'd like to say that the most stylish movie ever is either Sin City or Flying Daggers (or something... It was a Asian movie).
The House of Flying Daggers. And I agree with whoever said kill bill.

Ultimateslayer

Sep 21, 2008
I guess we can pretty much agree that Tarantinomovies have the habit of being stylistic masterpieces.
Same goes for his dear friend Robert Rodriguez (especially Spy Kids of course ;)
Also there are a couple of asian films that stand out from the crowd like Versus.

sneak_copter

Nov 3, 2008
300 is pretty snappy. However, not very deep and on anything other than a visual level is a little bit rubbish.

Fairee

Mar 25, 2009
Zaitochi (I think that's how it's spelt). It's Japanese with English subtitles, but it's just so awesome. They do things so much better over there, espesh compared to our Japan-set films.

Mind-blowing. Even the large amount of blood and gory deaths didn't put me off.