Most terrifying fictional world to live in?

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Kalezian said:
World 3 of my minecraft games.

I dont know how, but after I made my secret underwater base complete with secret entrance I have fought both creepers and Skeletons on a daily basis after they make their way inside.

I think it was my sheep that betrayed me............
Moar torches.

Or else refer to it from here-on out as "Rapture".

Joshimodo

Sep 13, 2008
God said:
Warcraft universe probably. Burning legion twice, some insectiod people twice, The Horde twice, The Scourge, followed by The Scourge lead by Arthas the Lich King, and now they get a guy who likes to be called Deathwing. Let's not forget about the Old Gods along the way.
Please. Warhammer's nursery would be scarier than Warcraft.

Warhammer 40k, easily. Everything you can imagine that could be bad, is. Hell, even the "good guys" are sycophantic ubermen who wouldn't think twice about killing you and everyone you know in a brutal fashion because you might have mutated DNA, or are a heretic by their standards.

Plus, of course, ancient psychic alien races who want to eradicate you, highly advanced alien races who want to eradicate you (from a long distance), a fungus-based alien horde who want to mash you into tiny bits, psychotic possessed guys with infinite power who want to torture you for eternity, ancient undying machine race who's EXISTING gods eat stars, and an unstoppable, entirely unimaginable alien race of bugs from outside the galaxy who will not stop until you are succulent biomass.

All the time.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Kalezian said:
lacktheknack said:
Kalezian said:
World 3 of my minecraft games.

I dont know how, but after I made my secret underwater base complete with secret entrance I have fought both creepers and Skeletons on a daily basis after they make their way inside.

I think it was my sheep that betrayed me............
Moar torches.

Or else refer to it from here-on out as "Rapture".

the funny thing is that a Creeper exploded in one of my glass hallways and ended up flooding my more important areas.
Yep, you have Rapture on your hands now.

twistedmic

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 8, 2009
I don't know if this has been said yet, but I think Rapture would be scary as hell to live in. Between the hulking Big Daddies that could go off on you at the drop of a hat and the psychotic and demented Splicers ready to rip you apart on the chance that you've got some Adam they can scavenge, it would be a constant nightmare.

Dimensional Vortex

Nov 14, 2010
Not really a universe but if you were the protagonist. Amnesia the Dark Decent, you wouldn't die straight away but you would gradually go insane due to the constant fear you have for being killed, and worse you would try hard to survive, you try to navigate the castle to kill Alexander (not sure if you or don't though) yet you will be stalked, hunted, hurt, blinded and tripped over by bloody tissue.

As for the actual universe, probably something like left 4 dead, imagine trying to just fight off the zombies let alone find food, water, sustainable resources and a friendly environment. Although World of Warcraft would be another one, were throughout your entire life, whenever you try to do something out of the town you will be stopped and/or assaulted by monsters and of course, the only way around this is to wait for a total stranger to walk on by then ask for his assistance. I mean chances are you don't have sword or weapon, and if you do you are probably not as quite proficient with the aforementioned fighting utensils as this new stranger. For all you know this stranger could be having bad day, he could rob you, he could rape you, he could do whatever he wants and if you try to get away he will kill you extremely fast. This stranger could go out and kill 17 wolves to come back and receive a meager amount of silver from you, or he could just kill you and take all your money. Then if your job some how doesn't conflict with someone like that, you will still be alert with the massive war, all that has to happen is the Alliance (I'm assuming your on the Alliance) encounters a problem, like the loss of their security chief, and then you could look up in the sky and see a bunch of flying planes almost covering out the sun there is that many. Then all you can do is have someone play rise of the Valkyries as you watch the post office you had worked at for 34 years be reduced to rubble by a bunch of Orcs wielding swords that glow with blue fire. I mean you could try to run, but chances are you would alert the attention of a hunter and with one shot you are on the ground, your cheek slammed against the stone street ground, the blood from the wound cause by the arrow protruding out of your back runs along your body and face as it leaks out along the ground. And the only person who cares is your wife, if you have one, but chances are she has been captured by a gang of Blood elves who are now violating her before slitting her throat dropping her next to you. Then when the Alliance fights off this invasion, your body is scrapped off the walk and buried in a cemetery. But hey look on the bright side, you settled down and got married, the best years of your life were when you were young and fit enough to deliver mail all around the areas belonging to the kingdom, then you grew older and was forced to experience the monotony of the life you had, you got a plain wife in a plain house, your life ended up being very monotonous and boring as now you could only deliver mail around the capital city, the best days of your life now are when your self absorbed son comes to visit and your slutty daughter comes to visit with your grand children. All the while men still at your age our out in the wild helping the Alliance in way you never thought, fighting, dying, drinking and much more. I guess your life is still pretty good to the alternative you could have had right :D

PS: Sorry for the long post, I like writing stories and I haven't done it in a while, so that was a way of me satisfying my desire.

crimsnking

Nov 8, 2010
sims world. i would be bored until approximately 21 days after birth the grim reaper comes to take me. curse simulation reality, nothing happens

Blobpie

May 20, 2009
Warhammer 40k, i would be the one citizen to be eaten by a little of everything.... then shot by space marines for not agreeing with the system...

Mrpersonface

Jan 13, 2011
Yahtzees chzon mythos world, pain elementals are nasty. Being kept alive as a foodsource in constant agony until finally you go insane and it uses you as a puppet to fulfill its own ends.

Turkey Braveheart

Apr 15, 2010
Gantz

You die and then have to fight tentacle or statue aliens attacking the Earth. Some want to rape, eat or dissolve you. Then, giant aliens attack and wipe out every city. And most of your friends die in the fight, for good this time.

Lazy Kitty

Evil
May 1, 2009
MineCraft...

Just imaging if MineCraft would mix with the our world.
[sup]I'm sure I'm not the only one who games in a dark room...
Just imagine: You're gaming an your room of darkess as usual and suddenly you hear "Sssssss" from behind you.[/sup]

Insomnus

Jan 21, 2011
The Sims.

I cant imaging a more shallow or pointless existence, Death or Glory in any of the aforementioned scenarios in this thread would be far more preferable.

Scout Tactical

Jun 23, 2010
Verex said:
Minecraft. *shudders*
I agree. Minecraft is particularly worrisome because it is so normal. There's a lot of suspense at night if you're out in the open, which you will be if it is not in your skillset to punch down trees and convert them into mining tools.

KaivShrike

Apr 22, 2009
Warhammer 40k, on a world that is rebelling against the Imperium, and to a lesser extent Clint City.