Most unconventional weapon

Euryalus

Jun 30, 2012
Big_Willie_Styles said:
The Big Knife from "The Legend of Zelda: The Ocarina of Time."
Doing a runthrow of the game using only that sword as early as you can is so much fun. Makes the Stalfos horrifying to fight.

OT: Well, I'm not sure if units in an RTS count, but the flying hippo you get in Age of Mythology for using the Wuv Woo cheat was hilarious.

Flew around vomiting love on enemies to destroy them!

The oh canada and tines of power cheats were pretty funny too. Gave you a bear that shot lasers and a giant big boy that attacked with a fork.

The

Jan 24, 2012
The broom from Assassins's Creed 2.

Does some good damage.

Drops a Sweet Katana

Folded 1000x for her pleasure
May 27, 2009
cerebus23 said:
SirBryghtside said:
Mocmocman said:
An arm.

Can't think of anymore, I'll get back to you.
I loved how that was the best weapon you could find for the first portion of the game :p on a similar note, I present the Severed Nord Leg:

That one was a little less functional - I had maxed out Blunt and Strength and I couldn't even kill a Riekling before it ran out of durability :(
What game is that eq? looks a bit like asherions call.
Morrowind

OT: I'd go with the Rock-It Launcher from Fallout 3. The entire concept of using EVERYTHING as ammo is goofy and at the same time incredibly practical, and is hilarious to watch.

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
FriesWithThat said:
OT: I'd go with the Rock-It Launcher from Fallout 3. The entire concept of using EVERYTHING as ammo is goofy and at the same time incredibly practical, and is hilarious to watch.
You've not lived until you get Burton's Wig, make your character look like George Washington, and then fire Pre-War money at enemies. Another thing would be to make your character look like Obama, and yell "Stimulus Package" every time you fire and hit someone.
For PSAs just load the weapon with cartons of cigarettes and whenever it kills some say "smoking kills you know."

...yeah I tend to be really goofy in the Fallout games. :p

Drops a Sweet Katana

Folded 1000x for her pleasure
May 27, 2009
Neronium said:
FriesWithThat said:
You've not lived until you get Burton's Wig, make your character look like George Washington, and then fire Pre-War money at enemies. Another thing would be to make your character look like Obama, and yell "Stimulus Package" every time you fire and hit someone.
For PSAs just load the weapon with cartons of cigarettes and whenever it kills some say "smoking kills you know."

...yeah I tend to be really goofy in the Fallout games. :p
That sounds amazing! All you need to do is paint it with star 'n' stripes and you're done.

captcha: no time to explain

Fitting...

New Frontiersman

Feb 2, 2010
Hmm... for me the most unconventional weapon that springs to mind is Genis's weapon type from Tales of Symphonia. Genis uses a kendama [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kendama] (a Japanese toy) to attack and cast magic. While I find it somewhat odd that he uses them, I've always found it completely baffling that, for some reason, you can find kendamas for sale in weapon shops and hidden in dungeons. Genis is the only one in the entire game ever being shown using a kendama as any sort of weapon, so it really makes no sense that they're sold in weapon shops.

There's also Reyn from Xenoblade chronicles who uses... I'm not sure what they are. It seems to be a combination lance, shield, and gun, with mechanical parts that's worn on the arm. In game they're usually called "drivers." It's better than Genis's kendamas in that, in the opening cutscene at least, you can see some of the soldiers using it, so it's not just Reyn that uses them, so it's not improbable that you would see them sold in weapon shops.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
A fair portion of Hotline Miami's combat was picking up whatever weapon was around you and if you got the short straw you could sometimes end up with a beer can or a pair of scissors. You could side-step this issue of course by picking 'Tony' and having fists that pulverize people.

Not Matt

Nov 3, 2011
Most the weapons in team fortress 2
To list a few: a candycane, a rainbow spewing tuba, a fairy wand, a salmon, a remote control, another person's limbs, a handcanon(by which I mean a hand-held version of a huge ships Canon) , a taperecorder, a sandwich and an smg that shoots vaccines. There are more that I wont even bother trying to explain, just go and see them all for yourselves.

Ihateregistering1

Mar 30, 2011
I'd have to give my vote to the original "Blood", which was chock full of oddball weapons that could actually be used as weapons (as opposed to some of the other things that are just trying to be weird and nonsensical). Blood's arsenal included a Pitchfork, a Flare Gun, an aerosol can and a lighter (in lieu of a Flamethrower), and a Voodoo Doll.

Man I loved that game.

Storm Dragon

Nov 29, 2011
This might not count, but in Star Wars: The Old Republic, the Bounty Hunter class can gain an ability that lets him load his gun with ammo that heals allies when he shoots them.