Most under rated games you ever enjoyed.

Apr 24, 2008
Namewithheld said:
skoomaeater said:
Arx Fatalis
Dark Messiah of Might and Magic
Condemned - Criminal Origins
Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines
Psychonauts
Holy shit!

You made my post FOR ME!

Though I'd add Homeworld and Homeworld Cataclysm. When the ONLY criticism I could think of a game was that some of the voice actors could have shown more emotion, well...that's quite an achievement.
Pretty much thinking the same thing...though I would add the first few Kengo games on the ps2...I loved them.

Graustein

Jun 15, 2008
Anybody else ever heard of Evil Zone for the PS?
Yeah, the voice acting was shit. I mean, really shit. Bad dubbing all around. But I loved it. I adored it. I played it so much that the disc got scratched and some of the characters' solo modes became unplayable.

MrBrightside919

Oct 2, 2008
coffin said:
MrBrightside919 said:
One word: Psychonauts.

It was one of the most underrated games on the Xbox. I loved every second of that game, even though I was basically collecting a lot of stuff. The game was so unique in its look and solid in its gameplay.

It had some of the best levels in any platform game. The Milk Man Conspiracy is still one of the best things to ever be put into a game to date.

"I work on the roads, see my stop sign?"
Brightside i totally agree best game ever if anybody says otherwise without actually playing this game themselvs they should be striked across the face.
High five!

I seriously have beaten psychonauts 100% about 3 times and I STILL play it to this day...its that awesome

Cadren

Dec 14, 2008
I have to go with Tactics Ogre for the Playstation (any of the Ogre Battle series actually).

The SNES version was huge in Japan, but the game never caught in. Having three completely divergent storylines and making the player make really hard moral choices before the idea was so common set it apart from other games.

Eternal Darkness is definitely one to agree with as well. I love how the game would always break the player/avatar distinction and mess with you while you played it.

Xojins

Jan 7, 2008
Psychonauts and Baldur's Gate (don't know how underrated Baldur's Gate is, but only one of my friends has played it, and it was with me).

Mnemophage

Mar 13, 2008
I have determined that if you let me fly around on a dragon, I'm probably going to like your game. I enjoyed both Drakengards and their precursor, a little-known RPG series called Drakan, even though the former makes my thumb hurt and the latter makes my eyes bleed. Drakan deserves special note for, despite being incredibly ugly and with a storyline thin enough to qualify as anorexic, being just oodles of fun. The actual dragonriding, once you get the hang of it, is very satisfying - the little monsters on the ground cower and run away from you as you stomp among them! So cute.

Yeager942

Oct 31, 2008
I loved Sonic Adventure for the Dreamcast. People say all of the Sonic games past the first two were horrible, but man did I cherish that one. The Dreamcast was the best. How the hell was it pulled off the market?!?!?!?

JohnneyLightning

Dec 17, 2008
Tim Schafer's Psychonauts. I have never had more fun playing a game than this. From playing as a Godzilla size Raz, terrorizing a city, to the Milkman Conspiracy, I loved every second of it. The camera could be a bit iffy at times and the final level is so ungodly difficult that I wanted to rip the hair out of my head, but those are details i'm willing to overlook.

It was funny and fun to play, and ended on the perfecrt cliff hanger for a sequel. But, sadly, this game has been overlooked and completely bombed. It took me a long time to accept that there will most likely never be a Psychonauts 2.

The Hatman

Nov 25, 2008
Most people say that movie-liscensed games suck. And they're right. Most of the time. However, one movie-liscensed game that was A2B2 (astoundingly awesome beyond belief) was Peter Jackson's King Kong The Official Game of the Movie

Darthracoon

Aug 27, 2008
The Random One said:
Body Harvest for the N64. 'Nuff said.

Darthracoon said:
True Crime New York City.
Really? True Crime: Streets of LA was a nice twist on the GTA clone genre, despite all its shotcomings, but I felt that the sequel pushed all of its shortcomings further. More glitched, more obviously rushed, and there were way less random crime variety.
Yea i Liked it because it had so many weapons and cars which in turn meant you could tackle everything in a different way, I mean the story wasn't that great and like you said it had way too many glitches but i really enjoyed the good/bad cop stuff and just being a cop also searching and arresting random people was fun.

I also recently enjoyed saints row 2.

B4D 9R4MM3R

May 15, 2008
Descent II: Received high scores, but no one seems to know of it. My school mates only know of it because I mention it at least once a month.

Does Zone of the Enders: The Second Runner qualify?

Rochnan

Dec 2, 2008
I find it strange -but not completely unexpected- to see Assassin's Creed mentioned a few times. Yes it was generally received as a disappointment, but overall it rated reasonably well, and sold more than enough copies to warrant a sequel. Which makes me happy.

I would like to mention P.N.03. They made one really stupid decision with it, and that's forgetting to say what kind of game it is. I've shown it to someone who didn't know what to expect: he hated it. But now, before starting the game, I tell people it's a top-down shooter at heart. I give them a quick sample to show them, and then let them loose. And they love it.
It probably won't get a sequel, and that makes me sad.

MarsProbe

Circuitboard Seahorse
Dec 13, 2008
I was going to point out Assassin's Creed but as it has been mentioned by numerous sources and also the fact that, as Rochnan has, stated, although the game did have it's flaws it wasn't exactly received terribly. I'm still hoping the sequel will be an improvement though. As well as not being set during the 18th Century. I wouldn't like that at all.

Outcast. Don't know how many people will remember this one, it came out back in the time when PC games were stilled sold in those monstrous cardboard boxes. Some publications slated it as being pretentious (as well more petty complaints such as the way the main character moved and the colour of his shirt) but I thought it was damn fine game regardless. The ending was quite emotional I thought and even made me well up a little. I was looking forward to the sequel, so was crushed when I learned it had been canned.

coffin

May 8, 2008
MrBrightside919 said:
coffin said:
MrBrightside919 said:
One word: Psychonauts.

It was one of the most underrated games on the Xbox. I loved every second of that game, even though I was basically collecting a lot of stuff. The game was so unique in its look and solid in its gameplay.

It had some of the best levels in any platform game. The Milk Man Conspiracy is still one of the best things to ever be put into a game to date.

"I work on the roads, see my stop sign?"
Brightside i totally agree best game ever if anybody says otherwise without actually playing this game themselvs they should be striked across the face.
High five!

I seriously have beaten psychonauts 100% about 3 times and I STILL play it to this day...its that awesome
a game such as psychonauts is that freaking awesome it really does deserve such devotion good work my friend