Most under rated games you ever enjoyed.

Dorian Cornelius Jasper

Space Robot From Outer Space
Apr 8, 2008
GalCiv II's also a lot harder than Civ4.

It's got an AI that's actually capable of being a scheming bastard without actually cheating.

Bagaloo

Sep 17, 2008
Mirror's Edge tends to receieve a lot of abuse from the gaming community.

It can be really irritating at times, but I find it so much fun. Sure I die way to much, but then the one time you get it all right, nail that jump, take out all the guards etc really makes up for it, it can be so satisfying :)

Say Anything

Jan 23, 2008
zachbob2 said:

hahaha, at first I thought this said "Portal 2". I was like HUUUU-WHAAAAAAT?!

As for my favorite underrated game, which is also coincidentally my favorite game, Star Ocean: The Second Story for PSX. A close second could be the Goemon series, which I always felt to be a N64 favorite by many, but read they cancelled imports for all the games since GGA because it was not well received in America.

jackiebrown22222

Jun 5, 2008
Urban Chaos: Riot Response- easily some of the most fun I've ever had with a FPS with a fantastic portable cover mechanic that I wish more FPS would use today. Although the graphics look like shit and the voice acting is horrible, it's completely underrated and my favorite FPS on the ps2.

Gun- I have no idea why this is so hated, it's the only Western game I've really enjoyed so far. It had a fantastic, gritty atmosphere and great voice acting with solid shooting. The Slo-mo function was great and it had a sort of semi-open world environment.

The Force Unleashed
True Crime: New York City
God Hand
Haze
Geist
Kane and Lynch
Cold Winter

DigitalSushi

a gallardo? fine, I'll take it.
Dec 24, 2008
MrBrightside919 said:
One word: Psychonauts.

It was one of the most underrated games on the Xbox. I loved every second of that game, even though I was basically collecting a lot of stuff. The game was so unique in its look and solid in its gameplay.

It had some of the best levels in any platform game. The Milk Man Conspiracy is still one of the best things to ever be put into a game to date.

"I work on the roads, see my stop sign?"
hell yeah, i've convinced my neighbour to buy Psychonauts after telling him three lines from the milkman conspiracy.

"while I am covered in excrement you should respect me for the service I provide"
"I am a grieving widow!"

Fred bonapart, and the cheerleading bull fighter made me laugh out out too.

have you spent enough time around crystal and the other cheerleader type character?, if they dont know your listening to them they talk about killing everyone.

incal11

Oct 24, 2008
Eden

It's ugly and relatively unknown , but I thoroughly enjoyed it.
I haven't found any other game like it.

GuerrillaClock

Jul 11, 2008
Metroid Prime is something of a forgotten classic I feel, it isn't held in as high regard as it's fantastic gameplay deserved. Other top forgotten classics that I love are Chibi Robo, Viewtiful Joe, Killer7, Metal Arms and Mickey's Speedway USA.

ChromeAlchemist

Aug 21, 2008
two games

Eternal Darkness: Sanity's requiem and Original War

F T W. Eternal darkness still is one of the greatest games I have ever played

foddabyte

Dec 28, 2008
The darkness was a brilliant innovative game that never got the attention it deserved. Aswell as amplitude for the ps2 the stepping stone for guitar hero !

Rochnan

Dec 2, 2008
NordicNinja said:
I think a lot of people are confusing 'underrated' with 'underexposed.'
I'm quoting NordicNinja here, because he is right. Very right.
Some of the games I seen mentioned here have received grades that I'd like to have had in college. And I usually ended up with the best at things like chemistry.
Seriously guys, if you call that underrated, I'm just happy none of your teachers read this.

canarmane

Sep 12, 2008
I'm not afraid to say that one of my favorite games ever is Mighty Morpin' Power Rangers on the SNES. That game is fucking awesome; in what other game do you take control of a huge robot and fight sea monsters, and then go fight robots on the moon?

samsprinkle

Jun 29, 2008
I love dynasty warriors and all of its offspring to death...(grimaces and prepares to fight the horde of anti-warriors game zombies)

Fenring

Sep 5, 2008
IDK if anyone would call it "underrated", but I loved Far Cry Instincts: Predator's campaign and multiplayer. Especially Predator mode. I morn it's passing.

TheSapphireKnight

I hate Dire Wolves...
Dec 4, 2008
The entire Battlefield franchise, all I here about is Counterstrike or Unreal Tournament when people talk about the best online shooters. For me the Battlefield series is the true king of online shooters.

John Stalvern

Aug 28, 2008
Was Ristar unpopular, or just underrated? Either way I loved it, and finally beat it after toiling through playthrough after playthrough.

teh_gunslinger

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. did it better.
Dec 6, 2007
MarsProbe said:
I was going to point out Assassin's Creed but as it has been mentioned by numerous sources and also the fact that, as Rochnan has, stated, although the game did have it's flaws it wasn't exactly received terribly. I'm still hoping the sequel will be an improvement though. As well as not being set during the 18th Century. I wouldn't like that at all.

Outcast. Don't know how many people will remember this one, it came out back in the time when PC games were stilled sold in those monstrous cardboard boxes. Some publications slated it as being pretentious (as well more petty complaints such as the way the main character moved and the colour of his shirt) but I thought it was damn fine game regardless. The ending was quite emotional I thought and even made me well up a little. I was looking forward to the sequel, so was crushed when I learned it had been canned.
Ahh, Outcast! I have many fond memories of Cutter Slade and his adventures. I love that game and still hope to find my discs somewhere. Actually, my brother and I often, when discussing games, talk about Outcast. I really was a gem. I'll never forget the weird ass talans and their never ending talk about Ulukai (or how you spell it). And the one in the city that was female. Aw, crap, it may be time for another search of old boxes.

Has anybody here played Primal on the PS2? It was the first game I bought on that system and I still see is as an awesome game. I really like Jen and Scree and the story was solid, all things considered. Very few people I talk to have ever heard about it however. Anyone here played it?

jebussaves88

May 4, 2008
Assassins Creed is one of my favourite games of this generation. Since its release, I have replayed it three times, so there is some lasting appeal there.

I also really liked The Darkness, which i picked up preowned for £10. I definatly recommened it for a similar sum of money.