Most underrated game ever?

Kenko

Jul 25, 2010
Anachronox. And anything anyone mentions here is overrated by lightyears in comparison to this old gem.

Grayfayce

Oct 14, 2009
Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath. I really loved that game, what with its amazing originality, fantastic storyline, and wonderful graphics and gameplay. It got some very good reviews, but almost everyone I knew has never heard of it. Plus, Oddworld went bust afterwards, which was a bummer...

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Come on guys, Aliens versus Predator 2 didn't get the fame it deserved!

Radeonx

Apr 26, 2009
RedEyesBlackGamer said:
Radeonx said:
Brotherofwill said:
Radeonx said:
NBA 2k11 is never going to get the credit it deserved.
It was the best game made in 2010 by far, and I'm going to stand by that forever.
People all over are considering it to be the best basketball game of all time, maybe even the best sports game period. It received nothing but praise.

I'd hardly call it underrated. I love that game, but so does everyone else.
In relation to any other game genre, it is far underrated.
Especially on this site.
I love NCAA, NBA, and NFL games, but then I'm a big sports fan. Hardly surprising seeing how this is a site for nerds who scoff at sports game for no other reason than, "Those are probably what the popular kids at school play." I haven't played it. Did it really change that much? 2K10 had virtually no changes from 2K9 so I didn't get 2K11.
Well, it revamped My Player mode, and added in the MJ section.
There are 10 challenges (You play famous games from his career), a set of 40 unlockable shoes, all of the Michael Jordan Bulls teams, the famous teams they played against, and they added a My Player mode specifically made for MJ.

Overall, I thought that it was much better than 2k10.

RedEyesBlackGamer

The Killjoy Detective returns!
Jan 23, 2011
Radeonx said:
RedEyesBlackGamer said:
Radeonx said:
Brotherofwill said:
Radeonx said:
NBA 2k11 is never going to get the credit it deserved.
It was the best game made in 2010 by far, and I'm going to stand by that forever.
People all over are considering it to be the best basketball game of all time, maybe even the best sports game period. It received nothing but praise.

I'd hardly call it underrated. I love that game, but so does everyone else.
In relation to any other game genre, it is far underrated.
Especially on this site.
I love NCAA, NBA, and NFL games, but then I'm a big sports fan. Hardly surprising seeing how this is a site for nerds who scoff at sports game for no other reason than, "Those are probably what the popular kids at school play." I haven't played it. Did it really change that much? 2K10 had virtually no changes from 2K9 so I didn't get 2K11.
Well, it revamped My Player mode, and added in the MJ section.
There are 10 challenges (You play famous games from his career), a set of 40 unlockable shoes, all of the Michael Jordan Bulls teams, the famous teams they played against, and they added a My Player mode specifically made for MJ.

Overall, I thought that it was much better than 2k10.
I'll look into getting it when the price drops, then.

baddude1337

Taffer
Jun 9, 2010
Spartan: Total Warrior. It was a pretty fun hack and slash with an impressive number of enemies, but was overshadowed by the release of God of War about the same time, which is a shame as I much prefer Spartan.

Valkaris

Jun 8, 2010
Age of Mythology. I grew up playing the Age of Empires game, and Mythology was my favorite. I learned more from that game than the grades in school I was in while I played it.

Bad Jim

Nov 1, 2010
Hostile Waters. Excellent 3d action/strategy. Fun to play, good plot, has several strategic options for beating most levels. Hints at a sequel in the end credits but the game did not sell well at all. Still available on GOG.com.

pspman45

Sep 1, 2010
Yossarian1507 said:
Alpha Protocol, hands down. 4 playthroughs, no boredom, each time discovering something different. I just love, love, LOVE the way they handled the choice system as well as respect/disrespect system.

pspman45 said:
zombiejoe said:
Alpha Protocol

I thought that was a pretty good game.
Play Mass Effect2, you will take that statement back
I played ME. I had fun. I played ME 2. I had more fun. I tried to play them both again, but I got bored each time, because even after trying with different alignment, the game was completely the same, except for some dialogs and actions, that didn't really mean anything in the long run (the ultimate letdown was the fact, that the new council, after I let the old one die at the end of ME1, turned out to be just as unhelpful as the old one, and again NOTHING changed in the story. What a BS). I'll just keep my save, play ME3 once, probably have fun, and never play the series again.

Alpha Protocol on the other hand, is a game, you can beat multiple times, it will always be different in one way or another, and you really feel that you are shaping the story. That's the thing I'm looking for in RPG's, and that's why I liked AP more than ME2. Both are great games IMO, but AP wins thanks to replayability, which ME2 lacks.
Have you considered trying a different Class?
many people just play soldier, get bored, and say its shit
and btw, alpha protocol's aim reticle is only about 7 miles long...

Subject134127

Nov 27, 2009
Something you guys probably never heard of:

"Infestation" a 2000 game by UbiSoft, you play as a transforming vehicle with buggy, monstertruck, hovercraft, helicopter and fighterjet modes, with upgradable weapons and everything. As that vehicle you're the only one who can follow the generic bland storyline of being the only one that can save the human race, but the gameplay itself and the graphics (for their time) are pretty darn impressive.

You probably won't find it anywhere though, so good luck hunting, you want to play this game.

SilverUchiha

Dec 25, 2008
Sonic Adventure 2. People hate on the 3D sonics all the time, but this one was probably the best one and I like it better than the average 2D game.

(On that note, been playing Sonic Colors and it is actually pretty good. Almost as good, if not equal to SA2)

benwins

Dec 29, 2008
Legion said:
Psi-Ops: The Mindgate Conspiracy.

The storyline was absolutely terrible but I still don't believe there has been any game before or since that has handled having psychic abilities as well as this one did. Not just the abilities themselves but the controls and uses for them.
A thousand times this. Psi-Ops was super under-rated, the satisfaction to be had from using telekinesis to lift an enemy into the air and hear that "pop!" has never been equalled.