Most Unique Game Weapon?

Iampringles

Dec 13, 2008
Throughout its history, gaming has seen many weapons.
Some great, some not so great.

In this discussion, you can share your opinion of the most unique weapon in gaming history.

What weapon was it that truly defined gaming, pushed the boundries, and said no to its fellow conformist arsenal?

Which game weapon defined a console, maybe even an entire genre?

Arrers

Mar 4, 2009
The Gravity Gun, but then it got ripped off by more or less every other shooter.

Skalman

Jul 29, 2008
Shurikens and lightning anyone?

EDIT:
Bee shooting hands
Assassin's Hidden blade
Gravity gun (as mentioned)

caz105

Feb 22, 2009
Skalman said:
Shurikens and lightning anyone?

EDIT:
Bee shooting hands
Assassin's Hidden blade
Gravity gun (as mentioned)
As I have said before and probably will say again:
Unleash the Bees.

Skalman

Jul 29, 2008
Wasn't there a cork-screw weapon in, was it Armed & Dangerous?
Anyway, said weapon screwed itself tightly into the ground and then flipped the whole world upside down, leaving you hanging from the cork-screw and all the enemies falling into the sky.

Now that's unique!

Odude

Jan 28, 2009
I wouldn't exactly call the gravity gun unique... I mean, it's just telekinesis in the form of a gun instead of "mental power" or "the force." A unique representation maybe.

I also vote for shurikens and lightning.

smudgey

May 8, 2008
The red turtle shell. Seriously, who would think that a turtle shell would make a good weapon? Whatever they put in the water at Nintendo, i want some.

Mar 11, 2009
id say the BFG though thats been done to hell and ripped off to the point theres better guns.
for me id have to say the god damn chainsaw gun. when you run out of bullets you can just tear your victims apart!

Xojins

Jan 7, 2008
This has been done SO many times.

Link: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.85732?page=2

Flour

Mar 20, 2008
Skalman said:
Anyway, said weapon screwed itself tightly into the ground and then flipped the whole world upside down, leaving you hanging from the cork-screw and all the enemies falling into the sky.

Now that's unique!
Didn't that game also have a land shark and other weird weapons?

Hunde Des Krieg

Sep 30, 2008
Flour said:
Skalman said:

Now that's unique!
Didn't that game also have a land shark and other weird weapons?
Yes, yes it did.

Garrig

Mar 11, 2009
Alright...I can name three unique weapons, and they all came from the same game. Those of you that played it? Remember the sheer torment?

Aqua Sheep (Beautiful creatures that hopped along the land, until you hit the trigger and sent them skyward, allowing you to guide them into the foe you liked...anywhere that wasn't blocked)

Mad Cow (These things were pissed. Truly pissed. Each one you let loose would dash forward, and detonate violently if they ran into your foe, an oil barrel, if the land was a little too steep, or if that daisy wasn't yellow enough.)

Concrete Donkey (Falling from the sky and made from enough dense composite to warrant a new tower built in its honor. It would plummet and rip a hole straight through the land, enemies, whatever happened to be beneath it.)

Come now...he asked for most unique Game Weapon...he never specified the sort of game!!