Most useful weapon in Fallout 3

Mr Scott

Apr 15, 2008
10mm Sub-machine gun, extra-common ammo plus, it blows the head off most thing in a few bursts. This is true even on Hard mode.

Cool_Pat

Aug 11, 2008
I agree the rock-it launcher rocks. you don't need any other weapon and pretty much any old crap can be ammo. Also there is something cathartic about blowing a super mutants head clean off with a cigarette.

A Raging Emo

Apr 14, 2009
I mainly use my Chinese Assault Rifle, but my Lincoln's Repeater has come in handy at longer ranges more than once.

Iampringles

Dec 13, 2008
Nyeb said:
I have to agree on the hunting rifle as the most useful, but word of advice kiddies.

Go to the Republic of Dave and kill Dave. Unlock his safe and find 'Ol Painless. It's a hunting rifle that does a little more damage. The only downside is no more of Dave's Republic. Worth it, for a more powerful useful weapon.
You could just steal it without him realising, and keep the ROD in the game.

AllHailTheAltmer

Jan 25, 2009
The Terrible Shotgun, A1-32's Plasma Rifle and Sydney's 10mm submachine gun are my weapons of choice. I never liked using Hunting Rifles; way too slow.

Jun 11, 2008
The Shiskebab, Hunting Rifle, Assault Rifle, and Dart gun are the weapons I use the most I'd say and they're all fairly reliable and get the job done.

Gerazzi

Feb 18, 2009
Nyeb said:
I have to agree on the hunting rifle as the most useful, but word of advice kiddies.

Go to the Republic of Dave and kill Dave. Unlock his safe and find 'Ol Painless. It's a hunting rifle that does a little more damage. The only downside is no more of Dave's Republic. Worth it, for a more powerful useful weapon.
Dave's a jerk

But since it's a government I just stole it from his safe.

dpw100

May 20, 2009
not really the most usefull, but easily the most enjoyable...the nailboard!

Sun Flash

Fus Roh Dizzle
Apr 15, 2009
Lincoln's Repeater, but when that runs out of ammoit's either Chinese Assualt Rifle or the Hunting rifle.

I explode myself with Fat Men =(

ace_of_something

Sep 19, 2008
Protectoron's (sp?) Gaze has worked very well for me. Though my guy is beefed out in laser weapons and single handed guns.

Kajt

Feb 20, 2009
My trusty Blackhawk. It'll kill most things with one shot to the head.

Ophiuchus

8 miles high and falling fast
Mar 31, 2008
Calobi said:
The dart-gun thing. Although I have only ever played about half of the game and have none of the expansions, so I have no idea if there's a gun that could replace that in my heart and arsenal.
This, for damn sure.

I love The Terrible Shotgun, it's the thing I use the most because it gets the job done... but for sheer life-saving capacity and comedy against weaker enemies, the Dart Gun takes the 'most useful' title by a massive margin.

Nmil-ek

Dec 16, 2008
Hunting Rifle just for the sheer commodity insainley easy to maintain and find ammo for at later points for me though the gattling laser expensive but what lasts long enough for that to matter?

Jul 23, 2008
Dart gun.
Saved my life so many times. Exiting Old Olney one time with only less than 10% health i was confronted by two angry deathclaws. I managed to whip out my dart gun in time to gain some distance before they tore me to shreds.

Also, my main weapon, A-3-21's Plasma Rifle.