Most useless item in a game?

Cid Silverwing

Paladin of The Light
Jul 27, 2008
Jonesy911 said:
Poison in Assassins creed 2, never ever ever used it
Get back in there and use it. You'll be surprised how damn effective it is at keeping the guards distracted when you can't backtrack to hire a faction.

funguy2121

Oct 20, 2009
BaldursBananaSoap said:
Casual Shinji said:
The jade hair ornament in Demon's Souls.

What the hell is that for?
You can trade it in with Thomas for a ring. Can't remember what it does though. Or you can trade it to The Crow.
The Crow?

Zero47

Oct 27, 2009
funguy2121 said:
The submachinegun in Resident Evil 4.
Shame on you :O. It had awesome DPS for a good price, ammo was abundant. Not my favorite weapon either but definately not useless (doubt I would've gotten through Professional either).

OT: I just found a weapon in Tales of Vesperia that has skills on it that makes it always do 1 damage, no other good skills on it either. I guess it has a purpose somehow but I haven't seen it yet.

Stillve

Sep 19, 2009
Festival twig in Dungeons and Dragons. Apparently I've been very naughty.
Also coal.

franklinbadge

Jul 16, 2009
Casual Shinji said:
The jade hair ornament in Demon's Souls.

What the hell is that for?
i think you trade it to the item guy and he gioves you a ring. and i would have to say orange kid if he counts. <3 earthbound

daconcon

Jun 10, 2009
empty magazines, sorrow doll, ipod... most items in mgs4, they let you do pretty much anything but don't give you enough time to use those skills.

the-darkness

Mar 10, 2009
The machete in Far Cry 2. It's so useless, you get blown to next week before you're get anywhere near the guy you wanna slash. It's even pointless if you want to finish off a downed enemy; it's better to just shoot him in the face. Plus, you have to have it, you can't swap it for another weapon. It's just there to take up space. It's not even useful when you're out of ammo cos like I said, you get killed before you get in range to kill that SOB. You're better off just running away.

Cthulu2

Jan 1, 2009
Markshiogin said:
Christemo said:
it suprises me that no one has mentioned The Giant´s Knife yet.
but it is still good for 200 hits so its not useless
Once it's broken you can use it to get the Biggorons sword. Not useless just... odd.

bioshockedcriticjrr

Sep 28, 2009
the cigar in MGS 2. not only does it not do anything, you also lose health by using it. and I'm suprised no one had mentioned that earlier. also cds in dead rising. what the hell was the point of even adding them in there

TBR

Nov 23, 2009
Things in order from most useless to ordinary useless:

the AI in L4D2. Holy hell, they might be more useful if they didn't actually do anything, it's that bad.

Everything in CODMW2. EVERYTHING

Bioshock 2

Forza 3 pre-release everything. Apparently my car won't explode into a beautiful array of particle effects.

Louis without peelz

Stick of mild irritation (long story)

1886 Damiler Motor Carriage in Gran Turismo. It has 3 wood wheels and less than 1 hp. Admittedly, you can get it to do a (tiny) wheelie, but that's because it's so damn useless.

Every 360/PS3 system/firmware update except the main ones.

MS points. What's wrong with dollars? At least they have a value (well, not the american dollar).

Achievements for stupid things like 'score 10,000 online kills with your machine gun in F18 dogfights in HAWX'.

Hola odst. Really, why? Didn't sell half as much as hola 3, heck, GT5 Prologue out-sold it, and it was somewhat significant.

Louis with peelz

PseudoDuck

Bacon Robot
Oct 18, 2009
Flags in Assassin's Creed 1. 500 of the bastard things just for sodding achievements.

Compare them to the 100 relatively easy to find feathers in AC2 which give you a groovy new cape.

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
Carbonic Penguin said:
As the title suggests... what is the most useless item in a game that you have encountered? Mine would have to be the ship missile expansions in Metroid Prime 3... You only use them to proceed through the game, and ammo is plentiful. You also get the expansions after you use three( the orgignal max) in relatively quick succesion. You can't use them in combat, unless I'm missing something... useless!
Not an item, but also all the controls in the ship. I think you might have done something with one once, but then I never used the controls again.

OT: The wood chipper or whatever it was in Fallout 3. It weighed a ton and did nothing, didn't even use it to make a weapon.

arcstone

Dec 1, 2007
The fryingpan in fable one.

Went through ALL THAT SHIT only to get a fryingpan that does nothing!