Most useless item in a game?

Russian_Assassin

Apr 24, 2008
Sniper Rifles in Team Fortress 2.

You heard me you assholes! Stay the fuck away from me! I remember your faces! I will pummel you with my GOD DAMN BARE HANDS!

Real men use the hunts-ter-m... THE BOW AND ARROW!

Carbonic Penguin

Jul 7, 2009
minxamo said:
the portal gun
Really? I found it to be the most useful item in the game... unless I'm mistaken...
Oh, and in Oblivion... the non-skill books were very useless, though some of them were fun to read... I missed them in Fallout 3...

Carbonic Penguin

Jul 7, 2009
minxamo said:
Carbonic Penguin said:
minxamo said:
the portal gun
Really? I found it to be the most useful item in the game... unless I'm mistaken...
Oh, and in Oblivion... the non-skill books were very useless, though some of them were fun to read... I missed them in Fallout 3...
and technically the least useful item in the game, since there was only one.. unless you count the companion cube as an item...
anyway, my post was meant to be sarcastic
Ah, I thought it might be...

WorldCritic

Apr 13, 2009
The combat knife in any Resident Evil game, why even bother?
And the Nintendogs in SSBB, so if I get the assist trophy how exactly does it help me if the damn things cover up the screen making it so that I'm the one who's at a disadvantage?

Jamienra

Nov 7, 2009
Jonesy911 said:
Poison in Assassins creed 2, never ever ever used it
USE IT! its incredibly fun

OT: Magikarp. also AI in L4D2 they are ridiculously useless

EDIT: actually. a Magikarp that could only harden

BenzSmoke

Nov 1, 2009
Manhattan2112 said:
Fallout 3 Gnome. It weighs more than it's worth.
You're forgetting that it could be used as "rock-it launcher" ammo.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLxbWKxjAec

Anyway, most useless item? The err... Why can't I think of anything?

Spiner909

Dec 3, 2009
funguy2121 said:
The dessert power-ups in No More Heroes.
No they weren't...it's just you always enter blueberry cheese brownie mode with only one enemy left.

The Fission Batteries in FO3 were quite useless

Energylegzz

May 13, 2009
funguy2121" post="9.161080.4092262 said:
The submachinegun in Resident Evil 4. The dessert power-ups in No More Heroes. The Butterfly pendants in Wind Waker.[/quote Do you mean Joy Pendants? But you can trade em in

Nwabudike Morgan

Oct 25, 2009
Pwnt_Toast said:
Throwing knives in the Assassin's Creed games.
The throwing knives effectively remove rooftop guards from the game.

In the Saboteur there is absolutely no logical reason to use the pistols that aren't silenced and the rifles that don't have scopes, and the flamethrower is so useless it has no reason to be in the game.. And eventually the only reason to ever use dynamite is because you've run out of RDX.

Manhattan2112

Jul 5, 2009
BenzSmoke said:
Manhattan2112 said:
Fallout 3 Gnome. It weighs more than it's worth.
You're forgetting that it could be used as "rock-it launcher" ammo.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLxbWKxjAec

Anyway, most useless item? The err... Why can't I think of anything?
You're forgetting that Assault rifles are as common as radiation in Fallout 3, and that melee weapons are everywhere. I like the fire-sword thing.

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
Well I'd have to say the old "useless object" itself I seem to remember some games like Might and Magic had torches and such which were replaced by "useless objects" once the light source expired.

Escape From Hell also had a few items that I remember being totally pointless, but seemed like they might be useful. For example there was an endless pile of gold bricks in the very first "town" you visit.

rapidoud

Feb 1, 2008
Frequen-Z said:
Singularity Bombs in Red Faction Guerilla, take too long to explode, don't have a big enough blast radius, incredibly hard to find.
Obviously you've never played multiplayer.

MoaBs on the other hand......

Yeah Oblivion cutlery, orrrr....... Half the assault rifles in MGS4. I mean, I gotta tranq the bosses for special stuff, so most of these guys are wasted, why is the m4 even in there when the SCAR is a far better weapon?