Most violent movies you've watched

DrBonBon

Sep 14, 2011
Films by Lucio Fulci: Zombie Flesh Eaters, City of the Living Dead, House by the Cemetery, The Beyond. Lots of blood and guts in all of those films. In fact Fulci is known to be called the goriest filmmaker ever.

I'd also put the Death Wish-series here, especially the third one. In the end Charles Bronson just mows down tons of punk with a 30.cal Browning machine gun. Just look at this body count! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3X-MJn-X6s

Furbyz

Oct 12, 2009
Do...do I seriously have to be the one to say this?

Passion of the Christ. Good God, do you have any idea the number of 6-year-olds this movie traumatized?

I've heard of a lot of these movies, but haven't seen most of them. Serbian Film I will do my very best to never see. Violence Jack is starting to really pique my curiosity as to whether or not it really is that bad.

Mitsozuka

Dec 6, 2007
Totally Topical: Robocop 1, Dead Alive, The Toxic Avenger series, and for irony points, Toys starring Robin Williams.

Think about that last one Verrrrrry carefully from the perspective of a kid who was like 6 or 7 when that disasterpiece happened.

MrStab

Mar 24, 2011
Ninja Assassin is pretty violent but I saw Eden Lake recently which was definitely worse it's up there with The Girl Next Door and The Last House On The Left.

Edit: I forgot to mention Operation End Game which is extremely violent, vulgar and hilarious.

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
gmaverick019 said:
I IMDB'd that movie, saw a random discussion board post about people saying that was the worst movie they'd ever seen, and one guy responded to them saying "still managed to rub one out"

....fucking lol'd, I really wish I didn't have such a horrid sense of humor, but damn I laughed at that.
You'd love Ricky Gervais. He has a joke about Schindler's List. That's all I'll say.

OT: I'll go and agree with some other people, Hobo With a Shotgun was extremely violent.

James Rednok

Apr 16, 2009
Well, one can't talk about a bit of the old ultra-violence in films without bringing up A Clockwork Orange, now can we? Oh, my bruthers...

Remus

Reprogrammed Spambot
Nov 24, 2012
Rambo, the latest one. That last act with the 50cal cannons grinding people down to a fine paste, just brutal.

KungFuJazzHands

Mar 31, 2013
Wow, most of you guys are total lightweights. If you want some real ultraviolence, check these out:

Mother of Tears- Dario Argento at his most graphic. Shitty movie, very disturbing violence.
A Serbian Film- A movie about snuff films. Offensively violent and makes even veteran gorehounds cringe.
Antichrist- Lars von Trier and his take on sexual repression through violence. What more needs to be said?
Ichi the Killer- Watch the unrated version for maximum effect. Tons of hardcore manga violence.
Cannibal Holocaust- cannibalism, impalement, and (unfortunately) real-life animal killings. Not for the squeamish.
Combat Shock- Not too many violent scenes in this one, but they're psychologically chilling. Awesome indie film.
Men Behind the Sun/Black Sun: The Nanking Massacre- Two films about Japanese war atrocities and medical experiments during WWII. Gag-inducing.

AccursedTheory said:
The Girl Next Door.
The book the movie is based on is even more graphic. Easily one of the most horrifying things I've ever read, and it's culled from a true story.

Mauler

Jul 11, 2012
Apocalypse now was the most violent in the deepley traumatizing way... yeah i dont wathc alot of movies but still ...

KungFuJazzHands

Mar 31, 2013
Kwil said:
Lotta people here seem to be confusing violence with gore/torture.
What else are gore and torture but different levels of violence? I'll take the more cerebral stuff any day of the week over Hollywood's mindless versions.

The movies I listed above all have one thing in common: human aggression. That's the most disturbing violence of all, and I think that's what most people are truly affected by when we get into discussing the topic of violence.

Sir Pootis

Aug 4, 2012
AccursedTheory said:
The Girl Next Door.

The movie is about a little boy (Supposedly kind of based off of a real event) that, over the course of a few weeks, witnesses a family torture a girl to death in their basement. The mother carves words into her with hot needles, her 3 (Less then 14 year old) boys rape her CONSTANTLY, she spends most of the film hanging by her hands, and she's eventually killed after they castrate her with a hot fire poker.
Pretty sure it's based on this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sylvia_Likens

OT: I don't really watch exploitation and horror films, so I'm kinda lacking in my knowledge of the topic, but my choice would have to be Kill Bill: Vol. 1.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Passion of the Christ over here.

The entire middle 70% of the movie was an extended torture and crucifixion sequence. Good heavens, Mel Gibson, WHY did you rip the flesh out of his back like that!?

Fun Fact: The actor playing Jesus got struck by lightning while on the cross. Somehow, it didn't scare the crew off.

Icehearted

Jul 14, 2009
Probably Kill Bill, if gore isn't necessarily a factor. It's gory, but it's more violent than gory in my opinion.

Lots of Hong Kong cinema would fit, the classic "blood opera"(?) genre, The Killer or Hard Boiled, these would be pretty much on par as well. Really violent, but less gory than Kill Bill.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
bartholen said:
I watched the third Berserk movie, Descent, recently. It was definitely the best of the three, and I actually liked it and would recommend watching it too. It was also one of the most insanely violent movies I've ever seen. It was no surprise, considering the part of the manga the movie covers, and I'd read it so many times already it didn't have such a strong impact on me. But I still went "Woah dude, that's some gross stuff" at times. The only movie I can remember seeing and being more violent is Hobo with a Shotgun. Braindead comes close, but considering it's effectively a comedy, its impact was somewhat lessened.
Did they leave in Wyald and the Demon Dogs? I only watched this movie up till the point I noticed they took out Guts' rape flashback, and said "Fuck this, I'm done."

Cilisien

Jul 20, 2013
The latest bloodshed film that I watched was Django Unchained was a pretty crazy movie, also noticed someone mention Bronson it has been a while since I have watched it myself but I remember it being quite gruesome and Tom Hardy is a beast in it!