Most WTF gift you got this year

TheTygerfire

Jun 26, 2008
For me, The Ringer. That Johnny Knoxville Special Olympics movie. Thing is, this isn't about movie quality, as I've yet to see the movie. It's more about "why this movie?"

I showed no interest in the movie since it came out god knows when. I don't even have a Jackass obsession that would justify it for that reason. In fact it's my brother that watches Jackass the Movie EVERYTIME it's on Comedy Central. At 2 in the morning, laughing his ass off at full volume. Side Note: His laugh sounds so forced it's not even funny (HA! get it?).

So, anyway, got a gift that made you go WTF?

Hithlain

Keeper of Ying
Nov 25, 2008
I got MySims. I know I like the sims, but I wouldn't touch mysims with a 20 foot pole! But at least my parents tried... they could have gotten me "Club Penguin" or something *shudder*

Nivag the Owl

Owl of Hyper-Intelligence
Oct 29, 2008
A car winter kit: de-icer, a scraper, and screenwash from one of my auntie+uncles which was a bit like "what?" but they also got me a CD I wanted so, ace!

perfectimo

Sep 17, 2008
Mine wasn't a physical gift but it was a great gift. It was the gift of no one of the other 15 or so family members trying to pursue a meaningless conversation with me because we happen to be near each other.

That and I got a movie voucher, I hate cinemas. Although I haven't voiced this opinion to my auntie / uncle (they seem to alternative, 2 years for one, then the other) and they have been giving me the same present since I can remember so that's why that happens. Oh well there is usually a good movie in the space of a year that I will watch after it has been out for a month so there is as little people in the cinema with me as possible.

ygetoff

Oct 22, 2008
i got an a pair of skis that i didnt know i wanted until i saw them under the tree...it was less of a "WTF?!" moment and more of a "are my parents clairvoyant?" moment.

Nimbus

Token Irish Guy
Oct 22, 2008
A Neon @ sign which runs off my USB. Kind of cool but... Why? I mean, who in history has ever said, "Hmmm, I could really use a Neon @ sign right about now..."?

lukemcandrew

Dec 11, 2008
A bag with a retractable putter, 2 golf balls and a crescent shaped metal thing i'm apparently meant to aim golf balls into. Strange, seen as I haven't played golf since I was like 11, but entertaining while full of wine and lager!

bad rider

The prodigal son of a goat boy
Dec 23, 2007
A swearing turtle. Its supposed to be motion sensetive but atm its kinda scitzaphrenic.
http://www.firebox.com/product/2179/Terry-Turtle?aff=1272&gclid=CLLBkPDN3JcCFShUEAodnUhtDA

Damn I'm missing wallace and gromit!

Fronken

May 10, 2008
i dont count it as a christmas gift, though i did get it on christmas, my sisters boyfriends mom had brought a bunch of random stuff she handed out to everyone as a sorta random lottery thingie, and i got a christmas tie with frostmen on it that plays an annoying little tune every time you touch the tie

Jamanticus

Sep 7, 2008
A packet of beef jerky and two packets of smoked salmon.

I have no idea why- I don't even care for smoked salmon or jerky that much.....

Not to worry, though- my father was more than happy to munch on them himself (maybe he did one of those sneaky gift things where he bought the gifts for me, only so I could give them to him....).