Mother 3 Fan Translation Team Offers All Assets To Nintendo

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
AC10 said:
I hope they do it and release it only as SNES carts to troll people.
Oh my god, that would make me so happy! I still love playing games on my snes and it's been rather hard to find games for it at a decent price recently.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
-Dragmire- said:
AC10 said:
I hope they do it and release it only as SNES carts to troll people.
Oh my god, that would make me so happy! I still love playing games on my snes and it's been rather hard to find games for it at a decent price recently.
SNES was one of the few consoles I didn't own :( :( :(.
I should go buy one, I think there's an old games store close enough to my apartment.

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011
Atmos Duality said:
Almost as if Nintendo was being...stubborn about releasing those games.

But that would be silly.
And we got them localised. You seem to be nitpicking. Instead of taking it as a bad thing that it took some time and effort on our part, why not just be happy that we got them at all? Didn't your mother ever tell you about gift horses?

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
leet_x1337 said:
And we got them localised. You seem to be nitpicking.
Funny. I could accuse you of the same.

...it took some time and effort on our part...
That is my criticism: It took concerted effort to convince a major game publishing company to literally do its damn job.
ITS ONE, PRIMARY JOB. These aren't even games Nintendo must invest into to get developed; they're already done, either by third party or as old titles. (I dunno, maybe the third party developers gave Nintendo shit about it? I can't imagine they would given that is their business relationship.)

I find it insane that they would withhold games that increase the appeal of their console when that is exactly their purpose; the exact business model they run.

More topically, Nintendo has had no excuses when it comes to re-releasing the Mother series.

They own the rights to the games; they can't even claim "prohibitive manufacturing costs" as digital distribution costs a small fraction of what physical media does to distribute and their last three systems (Wii, WiiU, 3DS) all have digital distribution options built into them.

I am left with no rational explanation, and they refused to capitulate until a their fans made a big PR buzz about it.
Really, why the fuck shouldn't I be skeptical, let alone cynical?

..why not just be happy that we got them at all? Didn't your mother ever tell you about gift horses?
Of course I am happy with the results of Operation Rainfall.
But that doesn't mean I should just cast critical thinking to the wind, or assume that Nintendo is going to budge again.

I mean, the fact that Operation Rainfall was necessary in the first place raises some uncomfortable questions about Nintendo and their business model.