Mother drives 4 kids into river to die

Eri

The Light of Dawn
Feb 21, 2009
Kortney said:
Red Right Hand said:
Kortney said:
Sorry, but what is the discussion value here?

Yeah it's horrible. I'm glad one of the kids survived. Blah blah blah! I don't really know what else to add. Erm, the Mum was an idiot?
Having once written a 1000 word essay on the inside of a ping-pong ball, I can safely tell you that you can find discussion in anything. Just use your brain.
Doesn't change the fact we should encourage discussion value on this forum. It's annoying when people just post "news".
As opposed to topics like who is your favorite pony?

Ympulse

Feb 15, 2011
I for one am glad that she took herself and most of her children out of the gene pool. Stupid people shouldn't be breeding.

Cuddly Knife

May 20, 2009
emeraldrafael said:
drbarno said:
Is it wrong that I saw it as 4Kids (the company) ...
EDIT:
Actually... I'm curious if people are going to call her a bad mom or not. Since she realized her mistake and tried to get out.
Fuck yes she's a bad mom, for even considering the idea that taking her kids lives was the right thing to do at the time, no matter if at near-death she had a change of heart. Shame on her, and she rightfully got what she deserved, however, the children did not.

Kortney

Nov 2, 2009
Eri said:
Kortney said:
Red Right Hand said:
Kortney said:
Sorry, but what is the discussion value here?

Yeah it's horrible. I'm glad one of the kids survived. Blah blah blah! I don't really know what else to add. Erm, the Mum was an idiot?
Having once written a 1000 word essay on the inside of a ping-pong ball, I can safely tell you that you can find discussion in anything. Just use your brain.
Doesn't change the fact we should encourage discussion value on this forum. It's annoying when people just post "news".
As opposed to topics like who is your favorite pony?
Well at least they have some discussion goal. This doesn't. You could have maybe incorporated a discussion about suicide or something, but just putting the article there will result in 90% of people saying the same things "oh this is awful..." and 10% saying "we are better off without them" and then the 90% yelling at the 10% and personally insulting them.

All of which has already happened!

To be honest, this shit happens all the time. People kill themselves and have this strange tendency to take their kids down with them. They're either mentally ill or substantially impaired. I don't see why we have to bring it up every time it happens and expect a different conversation to ensue, because it never does! And if you do bring it up, at least make the effort to incorporate a discussion.

I apologise for criticising your thread by the way - in all honesty I don't really care that much, and you are right there are heaps of pointless threads. I'm just venting.

kittii-chan 300

Feb 27, 2011
KingGolem said:
I am merely saying that maybe we're better off without these kinds of people.
i think were better off without the kinds of people who have no value for human lifes. life is more important than money!

katsumoto03

Feb 24, 2010
Jesus...

It's shit like this that makes me hope that Hell exists, just so people like her can be punished adequately for this shit...

God, I feel nauseous just reading this.

I hope she really suffered for this. I'm glad at least one of them survived, but can you imagine what that kid's going to be like when he grows up?

Alkaline

Mar 12, 2011
Ympulse said:
I for one am glad that she took herself and most of her children out of the gene pool. Stupid people shouldn't be breeding.
Congratulations, that's the dumbest thing I've read all morning (irony!).

Dango

Feb 11, 2010
KingGolem said:
Maybe we're looking at this the wrong way. Maybe suicide is a good thing for the rest of us, eh? Those persons of the temperament and emotional distress sufficient to kill themselves will be removed from our society, and if they take their kids with them then the state doesn't have to worry about what to do with the orphans.
The death of innocents is not a positive. I know your type, you're the kind who sees being cold and heartless as a piece of being intelligent. It's disgusting. Just let out some emotion for your own good and for everyone else's.
Ympulse said:
As said above, stop being so arrogant and just show some god damn emotion.

Kakashi on crack

Aug 5, 2009
Saviordd1 said:
It just makes you wish we could do more for these people
Like get them away from kids and put them in psycohological therapy?

Call me a cold heartless wretch, but if you can't handle yourself emotionally, then you shouldn't have kids.

It's ok to feel bad, its ok to think about what would happen if you committed suicide, but to commit suicide is a sign of mental weakness and the lack of wish to go on in life. To be frank, its a matter of one not being tough enough to take up with the pressure. To take others with you on that dark road is sickening and wrong.

If someone would like to argue about what she was going through, I'll point out that a few years back I had a close aunt die, my grandmother break her neck (though she did survive) my father move out of the house, not get divorced, and start dating another woman, and multiple problems with bullying and other things, but not ONCE did I ever think that going through with suicide would be the path to take. >.>

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
Furburt said:
KingGolem said:
Maybe we're looking at this the wrong way. Maybe suicide is a good thing for the rest of us, eh? Those persons of the temperament and emotional distress sufficient to kill themselves will be removed from our society, and if they take their kids with them then the state doesn't have to worry about what to do with the orphans.
Oh, I see. You're one of those guys who thinks it makes them look cool to be completely emotionally cold and callous.

Well guess what, it doesn't. It makes you look like a spoiled loser who doesn't appreciate the value of human life.

It's fucking endemic on these forums. Every time I see a thread about killing or war there's always a huge amount of people who act like this just to look tough. It sickens me. People on here need to learn some human empathy.

I'll probably get moderated for this, but I don't care. You and and everyone else who talks like this disgust me.

OP: A very saddening tale. I respect anyones right to take their own life, it's our own body, we can do as we choose, but don't drag your children into it.

The fact she had a last minute change of heart only makes the story more depressing.
It's a side-effect of the dehumanizing internet. You can easily see the effects, just look at 4Chan, Anonymous, and their band of trolls. When we read these stories they're just words on a screen, we don't make the connection that it's a human being behind those words, and as such it is a much less personal thing to use the internet. We generally don't feel as much empathy than we would if we were talking about it with a friend or even reading it on the newspaper as even that is more tangible than the words I'm typing.

People are more cynical on the internet, I feel. The whole "A single death is tragic, a million is a statistic" is a testament to how humans are incapable of comprehending vast numbers, but it only works when we treat that single death with tragedy, and clearly some people can't even comprehend that single death. They just boil it down to the impersonal source of genes, Darwin, weakness, and survival of the fittest that all in all devalues the whole human being.

Of course, we can't be grieving over every single tragedy that comes up on the news. We don't, and we shouldn't, feel sorry for every sob story that comes along. But for whatever deity's sake you believe it, show some damn decency and some sympathy, at least to keep appearances.

As much as I love the internet sometimes, I really hate the internet sometimes...

Anyway, she had a right to her own life, yes. But she didn't have the right to end those innocent children's, and that, I feel, is inexcusable. The woman clearly had problems, and it's a shame they weren't addressed before it was too late.

Red Right Hand

Squatter
Feb 23, 2009
Ympulse said:
You're sick in the head if you really believe that.

I hope to Christ you're joking.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
Kakashi on crack said:
Saviordd1 said:
It just makes you wish we could do more for these people
Like get them away from kids and put them in psycohological therapy?

Call me a cold heartless wretch, but if you can't handle yourself emotionally, then you shouldn't have kids.

It's ok to feel bad, its ok to think about what would happen if you committed suicide, but to commit suicide is a sign of mental weakness and the lack of wish to go on in life. To be frank, its a matter of one not being tough enough to take up with the pressure. To take others with you on that dark road is sickening and wrong.
Some people don't seem to realize that when a person is suicidal, for some people the reason you stated people commit suicide, that they are "weak" and "can't man up", is one of the reasons people commit suicide. They see themselves as "weak", as if they shouldn't deserve to live because someone out there has it worse than them, and through their own twisted logic it can make sense to them.

Is it that hard for some people to realize this? Suicide is not someone who's "too weak" to respond to pressure, but that it's something that builds inside a person to where they think, in their own twisted logic, that they can't respond to that pressure.

FinalHeart95

Jun 29, 2009
This is just terrible... I really feel horrible for the boy. He lost his mother and all of his siblings, I can't even imagine what that's like.
Also, the mother put her own children in direct danger on purpose. Whether in mental distress or not, it's hard to say she's anything but a horrible mother.

Alkaline

Mar 12, 2011
Easy Street said:
Alkaline said:
Ympulse said:
Congratulations, that's the dumbest thing I've read all morning (irony!).
Kinda along the lines of what was on my mind. I'm thinking, instead, "Well, then I guess you won't be contributing your genes to the world's pool, then, will you?".
Pretty much. Learn some fucking temperance, people.

Kakashi on crack

Aug 5, 2009
Ympulse said:
I keep seeing people say "this is horrible BLAAARGH" but in all actuality, it's people who are complaining about how "this is so inhumane to say" that are leading our society into becoming a living incarnation of the movie Idiocracy.

I support you good sir, for just stating what was obviously true, and obviously going to start a fight in this thread with everyone yelling at you, but needed to be said.

It may seem cold, and hearltess, and people might think it makes others look "like they are trying to be cool" but in all honesty, I have a very toasty heart, kind, etc, and I still think this guy is fricking correct!

I'm looking out in everyone's best interests when I say: "This chick needed to get taken out of the gene pool" because really, would you prefer our society slowly loose its mental stability?