Mouse Suggestion Thread

SweetShark

Shark Girls are my Waifus
Jan 9, 2012
I decided to buy a new mouse for my PC, but because I have some specific things I want from them, I need help to buy one.

To be as simple as possible, I have two different kind of mouse which are suitable for me:

Microsoft Wheel Mouse Optical White

A4 TECH X5-70MD

These mouse are VERY GOOD in my opinion....but because at some point they stopped working, I must buy soemthing similar like them.

Please note that I am from Greece and I already tried to search for them, but without any kind of success...

So can you please suggest me something similar like these mouse I posted above?

Thank you for your help.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Is this for gaming?

SweetShark said:
I have some specific things I want from them, I need help to buy one.
Such as? Those two mice look pretty different.

PS: Not that I have any suggestions, I am no PC guy. Just thought you might want to elaborate.

SweetShark

Jan 9, 2012
Bob_McMillan said:
Is this for gaming?

SweetShark said:
I have some specific things I want from them, I need help to buy one.
Such as? Those two mice look pretty different.

PS: Not that I have any suggestions, I am no PC guy. Just thought you might want to elaborate.
Well, as you said yourself, they are different kind of mouse. The one is one classic mouse and the other one is small.
I guess the one thing I like about them is the right weight they have for my hand.

fenrizz

Feb 7, 2009
While it's not exactly what you asked for, but this mouse is heavenly.
MAD CATZ R.A.T. 7
It has attachable weights as well, so adjusting it to met your needs should be fairly easy.

Poetic Nova

Pulvis Et Umbra Sumus
Jan 24, 2012
I randomly bought a 20 dollar mouse that's surprisingly good.
Brand is Ledos, forgot the model name. But it has a DPI switch and a button that simulates doubleclicking.
Only thng bothersome is the light you cant turn off.

Feb 7, 2016
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00C9R48A0?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00

I've had this knock-off brand mouse for 4 years of HEAVY use (countless hours of play, dropping it, tossing it, abusing it) and it still works with zero issues. It also (like most modern mice) works on just about any surface possible, and comes with weights so your can adjust it to your perfect preference.

It has a DPI switch, three programmable thumb buttons, the mouse wheel counts as two buttons (to the left and to the right, and no, I have never accidentally pressed them as they are pretty solid) and there's a programmable button on the right side of the mouse.

None of these buttons have ever got in my way, but you might be different, I don't know. It even has it's own (generic) software. I bought it because it was cheap but had all the features I wanted.

Laughing Man

Oct 10, 2008
MAD CATZ R.A.T. 7
It has attachable weights as well, so adjusting it to met your needs should be fairly easy.
Worst mouse I ever bought, it comes with a huge number of adjustable features but I could never get it to feel right, it comes with adjustable weights but always felt to heavy even without the weights on board and to make matters worse the software for it didn't work.

Best mouse I've ever used.

Asus Gladius.

Vendor-Lazarus

Censored by Mods. PM for Taboos
Mar 1, 2009
One's mouse can depend greatly on what grip you use.
I use a low claw grip myself.
Your first mouse seems to have a long palm-handle but your second mouse looks like a short fat one?

I have to be very selective with my mouse purchases and even bring a tape-measure with me because most mouses are way to wide or too long.

The one I currently use (and have for several years now) is a Silvercrest MTS2219-SL-M.
It's 5 centimeter wide at the fingertips, 11cm long and 4cm high at the highest point.

The keyboard didn't sit well with me but the mouse is absolutely incredible.

I too have been looking for a similar mouse since this one will break down one day.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
Zowie EC1 (or EC2 if you have smaller hands). Probably the best mouse ever made. Lots of professional gamers use these for a reason.

sanquin

Jun 8, 2011
I use the Dakonia Sharkoon gaming mouse myself.

I like a little flash, so the lights are nice. It has the 2 thumb buttons which are a MUST for me these days, and one extra for the thumb (which I sometimes use) and one on the other side as well. (which I basically never use) The button to change the DPI has proven pretty useful. And it has weights you can put in or take out depending on your needs, and rubber grip pads on the sides. It was 35 euro when I bought it, which is a great price for what I got, imo. Handles like a dream and comes with software that allows you to set up basic macro's if you want.

It's basically a cheaper version of the one DeliveryGodNoah posted. :p

DefunctTheory

Not So Defunct Now
Mar 30, 2010
I'm using a Logitech MX Master.

Judging by what you've said you like though, it's probably not for you. It's massive, complicated, heavy (5.3 ounces), and worst of all, expensive.

So, really, all I can do is suggest what you don't get - The E-Blue Mazer II.

It's a cheap POS.

So, there. Two mice off the potential list. Sorry, it's the best I can do.

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
The Logitech G502 Proteus Core mouse is my absolute love letter. Lots of buttons, great shape, adjustable weights... It's a bit expensive on an average of $80 in places I see, but I quite enjoy it

Tsun Tzu

Feuer! Sperrfeuer! Los!
Legacy
Jul 19, 2010
Country
Free-Dom
This is...sincerely kinda too subjective to properly help ya with. Too many variables at play: weight preference, grip style, budget, DPI requirement, etc.

Personally, I'm rocking a Raptor M45-

-that replaced my Logitech G9x which, unfortunately, stopped being produced.

It's light for frequent pick ups and small enough to fit my wonky grip (I rest pointer on lmb, middle on roller, and ring on rmb with the pinky and thumb on the sides, pressing in to lift) style.

I'd suggest looking at Amazon. Ya likely have to import, but eh. A simple "gaming mouse" search yields some decent looking, cheap mice that look similar to what you've got pictured there.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
Guilion said:
You guys and your expensive mouses make me realize how poor I am. All I have is an Ativa OGM-67WT that I've been using since 2003.
Or you're just much more rational with your money :) Sometimes I hate myself for buying a $90 mouse. What the fuck was I thinking, right?

The sad truth is that most gaming equipment (mouse, keyboard, headset) is too expensive for what it offers in return. Especially gaming headsets, since studio headphones offer insanely superior sound quality. Something like Superlux headphones for example is miles ahead of any $200 Razer or SteelSeries headsets.

If you're an adventuring type you can probably find equally good gaming equipment from less known Russian and Chinese companies for $20 to $50. The thing that many people don't know is that some of those patents like patent for Cherry MX key switches for mechanical keyboards have expired, and some are just being used regardless of patent infringement because it's happening in Russia and China and most gaming peripheral companies aren't rich enough to bother with legal fees. It's a lot more effective to invest more in good marketing. So there are a few Russian and Chinese companies that have been using those patents without needing to pay for licensing. So you're essentially getting a $100 product for $20 or something. The only thing you're not getting is a brand name.

SweetShark

Jan 9, 2012
AccursedTheory said:
I'm using a Logitech MX Master.

Judging by what you've said you like though, it's probably not for you. It's massive, complicated, heavy (5.3 ounces), and worst of all, expensive.

So, really, all I can do is suggest what you don't get - The E-Blue Mazer II.

It's a cheap POS.

So, there. Two mice off the potential list. Sorry, it's the best I can do.
Oh my god the second mouse look like a spaceship XD.
But thank you for your suggestion.

SweetShark

Jan 9, 2012
LostGryphon said:
This is...sincerely kinda too subjective to properly help ya with. Too many variables at play: weight preference, grip style, budget, DPI requirement, etc.

Personally, I'm rocking a Raptor M45-

-that replaced my Logitech G9x which, unfortunately, stopped being produced.

It's light for frequent pick ups and small enough to fit my wonky grip (I rest pointer on lmb, middle on roller, and ring on rmb with the pinky and thumb on the sides, pressing in to lift) style.

I'd suggest looking at Amazon. Ya likely have to import, but eh. A simple "gaming mouse" search yields some decent looking, cheap mice that look similar to what you've got pictured there.
Sadly Amazon is out of the question.....
You need to pay extra to bring it to your country, so I just need to find one mouse in Greece.
Also as I said I guess I like the weight the mouses have in my OP.

SweetShark

Jan 9, 2012
Laughing Man said:
MAD CATZ R.A.T. 7
Worst mouse I ever bought, it comes with a huge number of adjustable features but I could never get it to feel right, it comes with adjustable weights but always felt to heavy even without the weights on board and to make matters worse the software for it didn't work.

Best mouse I've ever used.

Asus Gladius.
Look interesting. What kind of positive have to be designed like that? I see it have longer cover for its buttons. Something else?

KyuubiNoKitsune-Hime

Lolita Style, The Best Style!
Jan 12, 2010
I suggest the Logitech M505 Laser Mouse, it's small, wireless, has a nice hand weight, good size, and is an ideal two button mouse with a tilt wheel. Slightly lighter is the Logitech M305 optical mouse, which requires only a single AA battery to the two the M505 uses. Both are well balanced ambidextrous wireless mice that you don't need to recharge, the buttons have a large sensitivity zone, they're both fairly perfect standard mice, and they're wireless to boot, not to mention they have a good wireless range.

Both mice I've owned and I currently use a purple M305, both are great mice all around.

Laughing Man

Oct 10, 2008
Look interesting. What kind of positive have to be designed like that? I see it have longer cover for its buttons. Something else?
Just daft stuff,

Light, accurate, does the job really nicely, comes with adjustable switches if you prefer a different click type the rocker buttons at the side are easily reachable, both of them, many mice suffer from having two rocker buttons at the side but the one at the front always requires a bit of fancy thumb work to actually reach, both of them on this mice can be reached easily without ever having to adjust your hold position and the cable for it is detachable from both sides (back of computer and back of mouse). May sound daft but it makes cleaning the computer desk as well as the mouse so much easier so much easier, unplug the cable from the back of the mouse move the cable out of the way lift mouse and never have to fiddle with the back of the computer. The software is also pretty good as well.