Movie Defense Force: Batman & Robin

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Mcoffey said:
God I forgot they had Bane wear a trench coat as a "disguise". I may need to rewatch this movie. Although I may enlist the help of my good friend Alcohol.
Trenchcoat Bane looks awesome. Other than that the movie still sucks balls.

MaddKossack115

Jul 29, 2013
I don't think the real problem is people not wanting a campy movie: they don't want a campy movie in the same continuity as a more serious work. It's the same problem people had with Superman 3 (since, even though it was Richard Lester's slapstick genius "unleashed", it was STILL a sequel to Richard Donner's "Superman"), and the 1998 "Godzilla" (which was outright loathed until the creators confirmed the monsters wasn't THE Godzilla, but just "Zilla") - "Batman and Robin" would've worked fine if it was declared a spin-off or parody of Tim Burton's "Batman", or even as a straight movie adaptation of the Adam West TV show. It's just that fans couldn't accept it being part in the same universe as the nigh-legendary Tim Burton "Batman".

So if you are trying to get a friend to watch "Batman and Robin", just tell them that it isn't a sequel to Tim Burton's "Batman" (or if they know that it is, tell them they shouldn't ACT like it's a sequel, and take the film on it's own campy merit), then you'll be in for a fun movie night experience.

And if they STILL think it's bad in spite of what you told them, punish them by showing a genuinely godawful movie like "Howard the Duck" or "Garbage Pail Kids".

blackrave

Mar 7, 2012
No. No. No. No. NO! NO! NO! NONONONONONONONONONONONONONO!!!!!!!
Watch Batman Forever, that was all those things you mentioned
And it was good.
Batman&Robin(&Batgirl- seriously why everyone forgets her?) was plain BAD
It was unfunny, it was seizure inducing, it was inconsistent, it was awful

And those batnipples, the batnipples, man. Batgoddamnmotherfuckingnipples!!!
Usually you have a valid point Jim, but not this time.

Jan 1, 2013
You need to do Prometheus, Jim. It's begging for some defending even though some people already got to it. But so had Mortal Komabat when you tackled it.

Looming_Shadows

Jun 21, 2012
Hey Jim why don't you defend Lou Reed's Metal Machine Music; I loved this defense and I think you've leveled up and evoluved into Ultimate-Jim Sterling Movie Defender the last evolution of the Jim Sterling Movie Defender pokemon. So use your mega evolution and defend Metal Machine Music!

faefrost

Jun 2, 2010
Ya know, it really isn't the camp in this movie that I hate. I don't really like it. But I can understand a certain fun romp and some over the top bits. It's the godawful dialogue. Every time I see Clooney and O'Donnel on screen speaking to each other I want to punch something. It's just grating. Not to mention Alicia Silverstone. Schwartznegger and Uma Thurmon are actively trying to chew the scenery. Everyone else is just unknowingly awful.

otakon17

Jun 21, 2010
Mr. Q said:
Red X said:
Am I the only person that went "Oh Gawd! XD" we they saw this was posted?
You're not alone, my friend. Dear lord, this movie.... hurts on so many levels.
Same here, and yet he somehow DID IT. And he's right, it is a right bit of camp and should be appreciated as such.

otakon17

Jun 21, 2010
Andre Nilsson said:
Finlay someone else that don't thin this is the worst movie ever maid. it is not good, but not THAT bad.
I'm now imagining Arnold in a french maids outfit... bollocks.

lead sharp

Nov 15, 2009
I am not joking when I say I prefer this to TDKR and MOS, neither of which are defensible. BnR is FUNNY on so many levels, you can stick it on and find something new that's wrong with it every time.

This movie is to geeks what the rocky horror picture show is to charted accountants.

TheBlueRabbit

Ballistic Comedian
Jan 9, 2009
frozendog said:
I like to imagine this movie as a musical:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pNY2Krf3Rw
Holy shit. That's so wrong it wraps around to right again. How the hell have I never heard this before?