Movie Defense Force: Santa Claus

Jimothy Sterling

Apr 18, 2011
Santa Claus

Come with us, to snowy Mexico in 1959, and learn about the definitive Santa Claus legend!

Watch Video

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat šŸ
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
šŸ‡¬šŸ‡§
Somehow that actually looks strangely entertaining but weird at the same time..

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
I really suggest everyone check out the MST3K of this movie.
It's probably one of my favourites!

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
At 2:20 I nearly sprayed my drink over my monitor!
So, thanks for the laugh, Jim!

P.S.
These "Captcha" are ludicrous, they are no longer about fooling bots at all.
They are just COMMERCIALS.

Sigmund Av Volsung

Hella noided
Dec 11, 2009
I lost it at:

"Santa is an alien, who is also a compulsive voyeur who lives in a magical castle in space and has children perform parades in his honour"

Could care less if a movie is good or not, that line alone should make anyone go see it.

II2

Mar 13, 2010
Not often do people catch me unaware with brilliantly WTF material. This is like a Chris Kringle by way of Alejandro Jodorowsky, albeit moderately family friendly.

I know you're a busy guy, but I'd really warm my heart if you do a movie defense force around The Fly 2... It got shit-canned for not being the 1985 Cronenberg classic "The Fly", but with the original's film's special effects guy in the director's chair, it turned out as a great B horror romp and something that would fit the format of this show you do excellently.

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
I am mexican... and I swear, I didn't know about the existance of this film... at all.

But somehow, now I'm tempted to watch the full thing, just to experience it's glorious wierdness.

wetfart

Jul 11, 2010
No comment about how all the children from the middle east are sitting next to a large stack of rifles?

Also, the MST3K version is AWESOME!

sirjeffofshort

Oct 2, 2012
"I didn't even know this was a movie that needed defending!" Sorry, I thought you might feel empty inside if you didn't get that line at least once on every MDF video.

In all seriousness though, this movie was pretty ahead of its time. Now pretty much everyone is trying to take a classic tale that we all know and love and give it a newly twisted background that is steeped in (gritty) lore. Not exactly sure if we should be thankful for this movie being a predecessor for that, but there it is anyway.

Seracen

Sep 20, 2009
WTH did I just watch....is it still Schlocktober?

Ah Jim...continue to be insane, it is ceaselessly amusing!

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
The only reason I've seen this movie is from MST3K, and it's hilariously awesome. :D

Too bad that the laughing reindeer didn't make an appearance in this, but that scene where Santa shoots that little arrow or whatever that was at Satan's little helper is just as good. :D

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
I think Jim may need his tongue surgically removed from his cheek after that one. Really good episode of MDF, I hope you capture the magic of this one again some time.

Oskuro

Nov 18, 2009
I wonder if Mr.Sterling would accept the suggestion of reviewing the movie Space Truckers... A movie much maligned for the sin of being.... well, Space Truckers.

A movie I like, by the way. This isn't a "let's throw something awful at Jim and see him squirm" kind of suggestion. But more of a "Let's see if the positives (if any) he finds match mine" thing.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
This is one of the reasons that the 60s happened after the 50s.

RJ Dalton

Aug 13, 2009
Well, Jim, that was an excellent showcase of humor. Thank you for making me feel better today.

Pebkio

The Purple Mage
Nov 9, 2009
Holy crap, he defended a movie today anyway? And this one? This is one of my favoirte MST3K episodes. But Jim, I don't think you quite got that show. Yes, they liked to comment on the weird things... a lot... but they don't rip it anything apart. The actual feeling I got from the show is that they LIKE whatever they watch.

...this also makes me question your other MDF videos...

ritchards

Non-gamer in a gaming world
Nov 20, 2009
Hooray for Santy Claus!

And linking to this would be a giveaway [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXKOF6rntUg].