Movie franchises that need to curl up and die.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Alien and Predator.

It's never gonna be as good as it was. No more sequels, prequels, crossovers, spinoffs, or any of that nonsense; Just let it the fuck die, please!

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
Twilight - I've never seen such wooden acting since Captain Scarlett (and yes, he was a wooden puppet).

Final Destination - Okay, the first one was good. It was a new concept and I enjoyed it but after that it got old fast.

Saw - Again, the first one was good but please, stop.

Harry Potter - I enjoyed the books but the films skipped so much it took away from the feel of it. To top it off they took the worst book and made it into a 2 parter. Seriously, come on now, they spent 3 quarters of the book just teleporting around and the last had a bit of a fight. How the hell they managed to make 2 films worth out of it I don't know.

Any remakes - Come on now hollywood, the films you are remaking didn't need it nor do a lot of us want it. You are ruining classic films.

ReservoirAngel

Nov 6, 2010
I don't get the hatred for the Final Destination franchise. Sure it's just a vehicle for seeing people die in horrific and laughably contrived ways but... isn't that the whole point? For me I only watch them to laugh at the over-the-top chain-reaction death scenes and try to figure out how people are going to die before the reaction finally kills them. I think people have too high expectations for those films. Like they're expecting some complex statement on the nature of life, death and fate or shit like that. They're just fun films where you see idiots getting killed in hilarious ways! Just enjoy it for what it is.

OT: Resident Evil. I'll admit it now, I liked the first 2 films. I really did. They were interesting and yes, occasionally over-the-top and Alice is one of the most blatant Mary Sue characters in recent years, but they were fun films. The 3rd one kind of branched into stupidity. And the semi-recent 4th one? So dumb and the unexplained shit in it was just stupid. Like, where in this RE Universe did that gigantic axe-wielding zombie come from? How could that possibly be created naturally? Oh, it wasn't. They just needed something from the recent games to make hardcore fans cream themselves. Fucking fanservice.

Dutch 924

Making the impossible happen!
Dec 8, 2010
Star Wars
Pirates of the Carribean
Twilight
Final Destination
Shrek
RussetRanger said:
Shrek. First one - great. Second one - not as good, but still enjoyable. Third one - ugh! Boring! The fourth one was not good either, but still better than its predecessor. Now a fifth? Why!?
Wait. What? *stuttering incomprehensibly* WHAT?!