Movie Trailers: Hammer of the Gods - Official Trailer

Team Hollywood

Feb 9, 2009
Hammer of the Gods - Official Trailer

Watch as the Vikings battle their way through the English countryside.

Watch Video

Murais

Sep 11, 2007
Can't tell if want or not.

Looks remarkably similar to 300 with Vikings. This is still a very mixed prospect to me.

MORBID CURIOSITY, HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Endocrom

Apr 6, 2009
Hmmm, does this have what it takes to dethrone the History Channel Vikings show for title of "Least Accurate"?

RafaelNegrus

Mar 27, 2012
This looks so bad, I was bored during the trailer and that's not a good sign.

Is anyone else tired of the dirty leather look? Makes it so hard to tell characters apart

Xaio30

Nov 24, 2010
Why are all the actors from Vikings in here?
That is gonna confuse me for sure later.

Telperion

Storyteller
Apr 17, 2008
Such a very confusing trailer. I'm probably trying to over think this movie. It's going to be simple, which is why it confuses me.

V3rtig0

Mar 3, 2012
Didn't look too fascinating. As someone said, even the trailer managed to bore me, plus there were so many corny hollywood-y scenes that it's going to be hard taking this film seriously.
Most probably won't watch, if not at all, then at least not at once when it's released.

dmase

Mar 12, 2009
Vegan_Doodler said:
So Hollywood just heard about Game of Thrones then.
Naaa they're cashing in on the Viking crazy made by the history channel. Though to be honest this movie could be about any barbarian-esque warrior nation.... having said that they should have made it about the mongols. I don't think I've ever seen a movie where Genghis Khan is a hero, that would interesting.

someonehairy-ish

Mar 15, 2009
So the blue warpaint guys- are they picts? Some kinda celts? If those are vikings, where are the awesome shots of longships and the like? What the hell is going on in this movie :|?

Kilt'd

Feb 19, 2013
dmase said:
I don't think I've ever seen a movie where Genghis Khan is a hero, that would interesting.
Mongol: The Rise of Ghengis Khan, 2007.

OT: It could be interesting if they run with the stupid and make a decent hack-and-slash action film. Or if they add Norse magic lightning. Or both.

Trystan

Apr 25, 2013
When I watch a trailer like this, part of me always suspects that the movie is actually a well thought out treatise/narrative, i.e. something I will actually watch. Unfortunately every trailer makes every movie look exactly the damn same, i.e. lowest common denominator garbage.

I can't count the number of films I've missed out on seeing at the cinema because of the god awful trailer, that I later discover to be actually pretty good. Movie execs like the ones that that let this out the door simply don't understand markets