Movie Trailers: Madoka Magica - Beginnings Trailer

Team Hollywood

Feb 9, 2009
Madoka Magica - Beginnings Trailer

The cat is a lawyer? That alone makes this the scariest premise yet.

Watch Video

natster43

Jul 10, 2009
I am excited for this. Madoka is awesome. Also it is weird that the Escapist is doing anime trailers now.

Richardplex

Jun 22, 2011
...I don't think there was a single moment which wasn't from the anime.

Not seeing the point of this. The anime is like 12 episodes long, it doesn't need condensing into a film. And given how masterfully crafted each scene is, the film can't even condense it without making it weaker for it. There is nothing that can be added or taken away, it's such a pointless activity.

Not sure where it can even be interpreted that Kyubey was a lawyer either.

scw55

Nov 18, 2009
Shame about the song killing any mood the trailer had.
Was quite serious and then in comes light hearted sounding JPop :D

Rip Van Rabbit

~ UNLIMITED RULEBOOK ~
Apr 17, 2012
A movie?

This looks more like a late-to-the-party highlights trailer to the anime.

While I enjoyed this anime, a movie adaption that looks like it's cutting out the finer details and stapling the loose bits of importance together to create some horribly shallow monstrosity will only weaken the original series' quality.

Gilhelmi

The One Who Protects
Oct 22, 2009
So, is it getting Dubbed.

I no longer have the patience to watch subtitles.

eternal-chaplain

Mar 17, 2010
Wait...yeah...That. That tells me nothing. Just clips from the show. And here I was hoping to get teased by a bit more than a 'coming soon' poster. Ah well. Madoka Magica is still Madoka Magica, so I can't complain. I just hope they don't use the voices from the dub--only half of them are even decent.

Kuchinawa212

Apr 23, 2009
Moonlight Butterfly said:

This is like sailor moon with an extra creepy white cat thing.
Think of Grim-dark sailor moon

Anyway, I was surprised about the spoiler in the trailer you know. THAT HUGE ONE about trading in your soul for a wish.

crimson sickle2

Sep 30, 2009
Yeah, it's a trailer for two recap movies, not much to see. The third movie might be interesting though, still waiting for any info on that one.

Marik Bentusi

Aug 20, 2010
Show kinda had an open end, so I can see the possibility of a movie. Still, trailer was pretty useless. Seeing how the original was like Spec Ops in that it lured you in with "oh look, another generic example of X" and then deconstructed shit hit the fan, maybe they didn't want to give away any twists and even pasted clips from the original to save the effort - the only purpose of the trailer being the information that there is *a* movie coming out.
I'd call that the optimal scenario anyway.

It's one huge Deconstruction of the genre. The further you uncover the world and its characters, the darker it gets.

hentropy

Feb 25, 2012
They made two movies in Japan that are somewhat condensed version of the series (nothing new) to set up a third all new movie (featuring Homura after the main series) to be released some time later. Madoka was huge in Japan thus it makes sense they would try and milk it for all it's worth.

Like in the US, movies are taken more seriously than TV shows there, so it's probably to reach a wider audience.

Why The Escapist is showing a trailer for it, I have no idea, as I'm relatively certain the movie isn't being released anywhere outside Japan and it's unlikely that any of us will get to see it until about 6 months months from now when they release on home video.

Ken_J

Jun 4, 2009

It's like Sailor Moon meets Faust. And it Is GLORIOUS!!!