Movie Trailers: My Little Pony: Equestria Girls - Trailer

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Well I suppose I should give it a shot before saying its gonna be crap, I mean its being written by the writer who gave us some of the best episodes and the music should be good. High school though.... ugh, fuck high school, its probably the most pointless time in anyone's life. The reason mlp suddenly became huge is because you could think of the main characters as pretty much any age, this movie sets them all at an age that most people would rather forget or just don't care about, or are I suppose.

Formica Archonis

Anonymous Source
Nov 13, 2009
I'll probably catch the usual flak for this, but: I kinda like it. It's different but doesn't really seem bad. A lot of MLP new-season/new-episode promos are more wince-worthy than this, the only reason it's hard to see there is because one is already an established fan.

But it's hard to say. It's not like trailers can be trusted either way: I felt season 3 proved that MLP can kick out duds with the worst of 'em, even though the promos made them mostly seem good.

If I trip across it in my travels I'll watch it.

Pyramid Head

Jun 19, 2011
Is there a reason The Escapist is even hosting this trailer? I mean yeah there are a few bronies here, but in the end this is a crappy spin-off to a crappy kids show that is only airing in a few theaters. Is there really no other trailer to put up right now?

James Rednok

Apr 16, 2009
THEY DID IT!!! THEY DID IT!!! IT TURNED OUT GOOD!!! IT WAS REALLY GOOD!!! (Cries manly tears of the purest and most absolute joy) I mean sure, Celestia was really out of character, Luna's face was all fucked up, and the bullshit romance between Twilight Sparkle and Flash Century was kind of out of left field, but the songs were catchy, the jokes were for the most part good (and several of them made me actually laugh out loud), the romance turned out (relatively) sweet, and the little references to the fandom and earlier episodes were pretty nice. All-in-all I'd say go see it, especially if you're a brony; because it was good. It really was. =')

TomPreston

Feb 9, 2010
Sadly there are no showings near my town so I'll have to rely on reviews from fellow Bronies for my information until it comes out on DVD or something.

In the meantime I wish two things:

1. That people would stop freaking out over it.
2. That MovieBob would review it.

Rossmallo

Feb 20, 2008
I facepalmed so hard that I have a red mark on my head now.

Seriously, I only have a passing interest in this, and oh my GOD. No. No. NO.

Bryan Hinson

Mar 18, 2013
this movie isn't playing in theaters near me, i checked a 50 mile radius the day of release and didn't see a single theater showing this movie. I mean wtf? We are having ANOTHER brony convention soon, and they don't play this movie anywhere near central Florida? Oh never mind, there's a single showing in mid JULY. No excuse Hasbro, you don't understand your market at all.

ClanCrusher

Constructive Critic
Mar 11, 2010
Obviously I can't judge the movie without actually seeing it, but the trailer and the premise in and of itself feels deeply disturbing. I can only imagine that a conversation like this happened somewhere down the development pipeline.

"We're going to make a My Little Pony Movie, but I don't want any ponies or magic in it."

"But sir, isn't the title of the series called My Little PONY, Friendship is MAGIC?"

"Yes, but we don't need either of those things. In fact, let's make them humans instead. And put them in a school setting. Kids love school, right?"

"Well actually-"

"Great! I love it! Let's roll with it."

"Sir, are we really canonically giving the ponies breasts? Have you even looked at the internet?"

"What's the worst that can happen? Now let's see some pony curves!"