Movie Trailers: Noobz - Trailer

Lugbzurg

Mar 4, 2012
Ok, so everyone has pretty much said nearly everything that needs to be said... This doesn't even look like it's supposed to be a parody. (Epic/EA actually allowed Gears of War to show up several times in this crap?)

Why is it called "Noobz"? What relevance does that word have to do with anything in this film? "Gamerz" might make sense, but "Noobz"? And why does the title look like someone typed some letters in MS Paint and called it a day?

irmasterlol

Apr 11, 2012
Adam Sessler is dead to me. I thought he already was, but he's deadder to me now than he used to be.

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
captainfluoxetine said:
Nazulu said:
Well, I'm surprised. Thought most of you would like this crap. Maybe it's only when it hits home.

There's already been plenty of terrible rubbish just like it, and it's been dominating for awhile now. Shit like Big Bang Theory, latest Simpsons and Family Guy seasons, The Hangover, lots and lots of other popular shows and movies. With non stop retarded lines that many Hyenas think are jokes.
See i like big bang theory, though i've got enough dignity to know that makes me a bad person. For some reason some of the one note geek refrences mixed with sheldons personality are genuinely endearing. Plus, wear a star wars tshirt out and people think your a loser, wear a tshirt with the word 'Bazinga' and girls think geeks are the sexiest thing out there... Really, big bang theory novelty shirts have helped me pull more than once... but i digress.
Your confused mate.

It doesn't make you a bad person, not wearing a Star Wars t-shirt because of some assholes will make you the loser, and Bazinga is possibly the worst thing I have ever heard and I wouldn't go near any girls who thought it is sexy.

I really don't want to discuss the show, I think I've made myself pretty clear on where I stand.

Edit: And for the rest of your post, I hope your not assuming I hate it because I'm part of some gaming culture. Nor should you assume that the rest of the people are, really.

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011
...Yeah, just reading through the comments, I think I'll reserve my enthusiasm for the Angry Video Game Nerd movie.

Nazulu

Jun 5, 2008
leet_x1337 said:
...Yeah, just reading through the comments, I think I'll reserve my enthusiasm for the Angry Video Game Nerd movie.
Will the writing be just as terrible?

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011
Nazulu said:
leet_x1337 said:
I already happen to like what Rolfe does with the show and I've seen a few of his other short films. And the trailer looks pretty good.

Kreett

Constant Contrarian
Nov 20, 2009
It doesn't look THAT bad, certainly not good, maybe worth a cheap laugh or two. But I don't see a reason to treat it like the Anti-christ of the gaming community...

Nazulu

Jun 5, 2008
leet_x1337 said:
Nazulu said:
leet_x1337 said:
I already happen to like what Rolfe does with the show and I've seen a few of his other short films. And the trailer looks pretty good.
Wait, are we being serious now? Who is Rolfe?

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011
Nazulu said:
leet_x1337 said:
Nazulu said:
leet_x1337 said:
I thought we were being serious the entire time.

And Rofle is James Rofle, the guy behind the show - writer, director, and the titular Nerd.

BoredAussieGamer

Aug 7, 2011
Is it me or does Kickpuncher seem like a genuinely better movie than this piece of shit?

I'm all for free speech and everything (I defended Passion of the Christ's right to existence while calling it a piece of shit), but this movie doesn't deserved to be screened or seen by anyone. Who is this movie targeting? Certainly not people who play video games, and certainly not humans. It's just the kind of movie that doesn't deserve defending or attention.

Nazulu

Jun 5, 2008
leet_x1337 said:
Nazulu said:
leet_x1337 said:
Nazulu said:
leet_x1337 said:
I thought we were being serious the entire time.

And Rofle is James Rofle, the guy behind the show - writer, director, and the titular Nerd.
No wonder I got confused. I've never heard of the Angry Video Game Nerd show before. I thought you just made up the name to make fun of the people in this thread, so I started poking fun saying the writing should be terrible in that too.

MacLeRoy

Jan 13, 2011
REALLY ESCAPIST!?!? Why in the holy hell would they post this waste of data on their website. I swear, when I first started frequenting this site, I thought this was a site with intelligent insight on gaming. They had "Love Bites", "Extra Credits", and gave MovieBob his own shows. Now I see the truth that I have ignored for too long, this place is just another place that panders to people who like to play video games. The only reason I even look at this place is "The Big Picture", "Zero Punctuation", and "Going to the Movies with MovieBob". Seriously I would LOVE to know what they hoped to accomplish by posting this junk. I see articles with severe critique against this stuff then you post a trailer for it. Fun fact: posting a trailer gives the movie attention, YOU ARE HELPING THEM!!!!

DoomyMcDoom

Jul 4, 2008
Watching this trailer felt akin to having my prostate checked with a chainsaw made of venomous spiders.

I tried for 10 minutes or so to think of a better description of what I felt, and it still hurts, I'll stick with that, "Prostate examination with chainspidersaw.".

dthree

Hey!
Jun 13, 2008
Philip Gurevich said:
Thу screenwriter definitely never heard about emergent gameplay and Deus Ex.
HAHA. There are quite a few things missing from your list of "things about gaming that the screenwriter has never heard about."

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
I'll see it for Jason Mewes. I'll hate it for... well, everything else.