Movie Trailers: Solomon Kane - Trailer

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
Is it just me or does this look exactly like that movie called Solomon Kane that came out a year or two ago and starred the exact same people and featured the exact same plot?

Slycne

Tank Ninja
Feb 19, 2006
anthony87 said:
Is it just me or does this look exactly like that movie called Solomon Kane that came out a year or two ago and starred the exact same people and featured the exact same plot?
It's just now getting a NA release.

jobu59749

Aug 3, 2009
Yea, it's a great movie, I found it on the internet some time ago...like a couple/few years ago, and I really enjoyed it. Eager to have this come out on blu-ray so that I can own it.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
anthony87 said:
It is the same movie. Just...The American release has been set back like two years because ponies.

For some reason, I confused this movie with Jonah Hex and chills went down my spine.

SnakeoilSage

Sep 20, 2011
I enjoyed this movie a lot, and even if it's not wholly accurate to Robert Howard's original tales it got me interested in learning more about them. Plus, 'Solomon Kane' has to be the coolest name this side of a Reb Brown flick.

CoL0sS

Nov 2, 2010
Is this getting an American release just now ? Ooooh boy, are they in for a surprise :p

nayrbarr

Aug 11, 2010
That scared the hell out of me, Pete Postlethwaite died over a year and a half ago. I had to look up the film and find out that it's three years old. Seems odd that the NA is only just happening. As Zachary Amaranth said, it's probably because ponies.

scw55

Nov 18, 2009
I'm just thinking "Solomon! Digivolve to... Duomon!"

Looks like a typical great movie night film.

BrionJames

Jul 8, 2009
Could've been a great movie had the writing been a bit better. The action was a a little toned down from what I expect from Howard's writings. Still James Purefoy really sells it during the movie. Overall, it just felt too rushed. Not enough character development behind Solomon. Sure you see him being cruel to his lackeys, but who cares they're pirates, right? Ultimately, a longer cut and better writing is what this needed.

Maleval

Feb 2, 2011
The thing that got to me the most in the movie - Kane: "My soul is doomed to hell, so I have forsaken violence". Fifteen minutes later - EXTREME VIOLENCE!!111

Duffeknol

Aug 28, 2010
This movie was really, reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally boring.

As a European it's my duty to warn you for this crock of poo.

Titan Buttons

Apr 13, 2011
BrionJames said:
Could've been a great movie had the writing been a bit better. The action was a a little toned down from what I expect from Howard's writings. Still James Purefoy really sells it during the movie. Overall, it just felt too rushed. Not enough character development behind Solomon. Sure you see him being cruel to his lackeys, but who cares they're pirates, right? Ultimately, a longer cut and better writing is what this needed.
Is it still worth a watch or is it too rushed to be that good?

BrionJames

Jul 8, 2009
Titan Buttons said:
BrionJames said:

It's still worth a viewing. There are definitely some cool sword fights.

Titan Buttons

Apr 13, 2011
BrionJames said:
Titan Buttons said:
BrionJames said:

It's still worth a viewing. There are definitely some cool sword fights.
Thanks, I'll probably give it a view then.