Movies/Games/TV Shows You Wish Hadn't Been Canceled

HandyAndy136

Apr 3, 2011
The Virgo said:
HandyAndy136 said:
Just to clarify - are we just talking about TV shows that have never been aired, or can we mention shows that were taken before their time?
It can be either one. :)
Excellent! In that case, United States of Tara. They got kind of weird with the whole stepbrother killing off alters thing, but it was still an amazing show.
Also, people will probably hate me for this, but Being Erica was also great. It combined time travel and drama in a way I've never quite seen before.

requisitename said:
Lie to Me*, damnit. I really loved that show.
I used to really like that show, but the Australian network that aired it kept moving around the airing time, so eventually I just stopped being bothered. And after a while, the show became a little too repetitive for my liking.

Ragnarok185

Oct 14, 2011
Vault101 said:
Ragnarok185 said:
Dragon Booster
Storm Hawks

both shows were awesome

also Starcraft: Ghost
dragon booster? that weird "cell shaded" animated show?....as in "RELEASE THE DRAGOOOOOOOOOOOON!!!" oh boy...pure cheese
ok I admit there was way to much cheese in the show. but as the show progressed it go REALLY GOOD. I really like all the lore in the show and am very disappointed they didn't make a new season. go watch the second last episode of it on youtube(my favorite episode), you may change your mind about the show.

ChildishLegacy

Apr 16, 2010
Star Wars Battlefront.
Where the hell is our Battlefront 3? D:
Would be so good if it was a popular multiplayer game and you could just jump in to a 50v50 battle whenever you wanted to or something along those lines, I honestly don't see any reason for it not being popular as hell if they did a good job of it.

Lt_Bromhead

Dec 14, 2008
Ordinaryundone said:
Scarim Coral said:
Two words Samurai Jack. That may not count since the last time I've check Jack is getting a movie so the alternative is Sym-Bionic Titan.
You know, I'm not sure Samurai Jack was ever actually cancelled. They just sort of...stopped making it. I think its just been on hold for the last 5 years or so.

OT: Firefly. Though I am torn, as if they did start it up again I've the sinking feeling it would never be as good as it was. Things that are self-aware of their own popularity, and hype, rarely are. Plus, Joss Whedon's writing tends to suffer as his series drag on, so maybe its for the best that Firefly ended early.

I agree that it would indeed be a risk. But you have to remember that the title was "shows you wish hadn't been cancelled", not "shows you wish got restarted".
And I totally agree it should end on a high.
But I think we could've seen a couple more good series sqeezed out before suffering from Whedon-itis and pulling the plug.

OT:

Firefly deserves to just own this entire thread.

Basically, Firefly /thread

Shadowstar38

Jul 20, 2011
Wolverine and the Xmen. They teased us with Age of Apocolypse and the nothing came of it. Thats the biggest middle finger Nick ever gave the world sense it stopped Invader Zim.

Actually, screw that. Invader Zim.

KefkaCultist

Jun 8, 2010
Guillermo Del Toro was supposed to direct the movie adaptation for Lovecraft's "At the Mountains of Madness", but it got cut by Universal for being too risky... Damn shame too, because I would've thrown all my money at it.

AusGamer44

Mar 24, 2011
In no particular order:
'Freaks and Geeks':I was 13 in 1980,so that show was about my teen years.So funny,poignant and real about being an outsider in that era.Great music and cultural references too.
'Farscape':I'm Australian,i love sci-fi,so a universe inhabited by aliens with Aussie accents
was too cool.Plus it had the weirdest,coolest storylines of any scifi ever.
'When Things Were Rotten':showing my age here.Great Mel Brooks 1970s sendup of Robin hood.Really funny.
Rutland WTv:Eric Idle disowns it,but I thought it was hilarious.Check out the greatest parody of Tommy ever:(Alas the full version seems to have disappeared)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyzVHWJlKhI
'Isis'. I was 6 when this was on.Totally cheesy
but female superheroes were rare on telly in 1976.'Oh zephyr winds that blow on high,lift mep so I can fly!" With a bit of dosh,I still maintain Isis could fly as a half decent movie today.

jw1410

Aug 31, 2011
Stargate: Universe. Show was very under-rated. Goes to show what happens when a series tries to go in a new direction and change the cookie-cutter style which the other two series' followed. Ah well.

Riddle78

Jan 19, 2010
Shows? Try STUDIO! Mainframe Productions. They made ReBoot,Shadow Raiders (Also known as War Planets in some places) and Beasties and Beast Machines. Who cares if the Transformers shows were merchandise driven...I liked Rattrap. And Megabyte. And Hexidecimal. And Cryos. And Pyrus...

What? They made AMAZING shows!

WeAreStevo

Sep 22, 2011
Riddle78 said:
Shows? Try STUDIO! Mainframe Productions. They made ReBoot,Shadow Raiders (Also known as War Planets in some places) and Beasties and Beast Machines. Who cares if the Transformers shows were merchandise driven...I liked Rattrap. And Megabyte. And Hexidecimal. And Cryos. And Pyrus...

What? They made AMAZING shows!
Oh holy mother of GAWD I LOVE REBOOT!

And Beast Wars (Beast Machines?) Isn't that the transformers are animals/decepticons are dinosaurs show? If so, yes. 1000x yes.

CODE-D

Feb 6, 2011
Symbionic titan just barely got off the ground....I blame mlp.

Flapjack
Chowder
Invader Zim

Vykrel

Feb 26, 2009
off the top of my head, i cant think of any canceled movies that i really wanted to see...

but as for tv shows: Firefly, Deadwood, Flapjack, Lights Out, and a few more.

games: Star Wars: Battlefront 3. and although it was in very early stages when it was canceled, i would have liked to have seen what Halo: Chronicles would have been like.