Movies that have no/minimal humans but are still emotional for the viewer.

SonofaJohannes

Apr 18, 2011
Moon.
It's about a guy on the moon. It's a sad movie. And only one human.
Do clones count as humans? They're not "real". Sort of. Maybe.

Frybird

Jan 7, 2008
docSpitfire said:
F) and if we're counting the sequel... "Los Locos"!
And if we are counting that, we can also count
G) Oh no, Johnny ran into the bad guys, how will he get....WHAT?...OH NO!...OH!...OH MY GOD!...OH GOOOOOD...How can he even bleed!?...OH NO! NO!...*gasp*...What is he doing with the chalOH GOOOOD....why do you even put this in a kids movie?! *sob*

Tiger Sora

Aug 23, 2008
The Brave Little Toaster. One of my favorite movies as a child.
Everyones gota love atleast the first one.

Gaiseric

Sep 21, 2008
SonofaJohannes said:
Moon.
It's about a guy on the moon. It's a sad movie. And only one human.
Do clones count as humans? They're not "real". Sort of. Maybe.
Spoiler!

But that's the movie I was going to say.

captaincabbage

Apr 8, 2010
XaVierDK said:
Do cartoons count? Then I'd like to propose the Lion King
Of course cartoons count, they're movies too.

OT: The Lion King, WALL-E, Finding Nemo, Spirit, All Dogs Go To Heaven, Lady and the Tramp, The Aristocats, hell, lets just say half of anything made by Disney, shall we?

ms_sunlight

Jun 6, 2011
SimonCharlesHanna said:
EDIT: haha okay more rules. LIVE ACTION (meaning not cartoon, anime or CGI). And it has to be a FICTIONAL narrative.
That's not really a sensible rule given that a Transformers movie spurred your question - after all, they're CGI. Excluding animation would exclude Transformers - it would also exclude classic Ray Harryhausen style stop motion animtion, plus traditional animation and live action hybrids like Song of the South and Who Framed Roger Rabbit.

That leaves you with real animals, puppets and guys in rubber suits. Star Wars maybe? Old Yeller? Planet of the Apes? The Dark Crystal?

k-ossuburb

Jul 31, 2009
Any of the Muppet movies.

Splice.

Paul.

E.T.

Terminator.

Robocop.

Chucky.

We Are The Strange.

And... I'm out of ideas.

Chucker

Sep 3, 2008
"koyaanisqatsi" (1982) could be considered to be a film without central/specific human characters, as this film is mostly edited time lapses of cityscapes and landscapes. Very interesting topic @SimonCharlesHanna. It has always been my belief that film should have a duty to explore themes beyond human situations. Especially in a culture of such celebrity worship.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
unicron44 said:
Wall-E definitely springs to mind. That was just a masterful experience of storytelling.
It would've been a masterful experience of storytelling if they hadn't padded the movie with all that "look, funny fat people" nonsense. I fucking adored the concept behind WALL-E, but the moment that movie went into space the whole thing just collapsed. [sub]Sorry, I had to get that of my chest.[/sub]

OT: The Dark Crystal

It featured no humans whatsoever. Okay, the Gelflings looked somewhat human, but apart from that every other character was as weird and unhuman as could be. Plus the entire movie was done with puppets.

Vibhor

Aug 4, 2010
It was a movie made by some korean animator. Not a blockbuster or something. They were just a few flash animations.It was a story about a rabbit and a cat. The second last one made me cry.

Daveman

has tits and is on fire
Jan 8, 2009
Homeward Bound... fucking ACE bunch of films. Live action and with unimportant human characters.

Rook

Oct 11, 2008
How many replicants where there meant to be in Blade Runner. Harrison Ford is chasing a load of replicants and then, spoiler, you find out that he may himself be a replicant. I suppose it's not emotionally moving though. Oh, and the characters are like humans.hmmm. Does that count.

gamepopper101

Aug 12, 2009
Once Upon a Forest is one that hasn't been mentioned. One of the best enviromental kids film our there.

Jester00

Sep 22, 2010
28 days / weeks later and i am legend are both about humans, but there aren't many of them. i dunno if that counts.
also tron.