Movies that make you cry

Viral_Lola

Jul 13, 2009
I recently finished Dear Zachary and I couldn?t stop crying. I want to know what movies have brought tears to your eyes.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
Movies don't make me cry! I'm a man, we don't cry! We break things with our bare hands and put holes in the wall whenever we have emotions!

However, a characters death in Trigun always makes my allergies act up....it's allergies damn it!!!

Uh oh, thinking about it is making me c....my allergies are acting up. *WALL PUNCH!

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
Movies had made me sad, but nothing to cry over. The closest, honestly, was Warhorse, with all the World War I scenes.

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat šŸ
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
šŸ‡¬šŸ‡§
Ending of Grave of the Fireflies, if you've seen it nuff said, especially as I have a little sister who's about the same age gap to me as the brother and sister are in the film, though we're both a few years old than the protagonists.

Geo Da Sponge

May 14, 2008
Iron Giant. That film is a real tearjerker at the end.

[color]
[HEADING=2]SUPER-MAN...[/HEADING]​
[/color]

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
The Ending of the Movie Adaptation of "The Crucible" almost made me cry, before someone in my class shouted "Triple Kill", and that made me laugh.

And "Kung Fu Panda 2" almost made me cry again when Po was remembering what happened to his real parents.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
All he wanted to do was see his wife and daughter...

Strain42

Mar 2, 2009
Toy. Story. 3.

After growing up with those movies, being a huge fan of animation, especially Pixar, seeing what amazing things they were capable of doing...bringing me to tears with that amazing ending is the first and only time I have ever started crying in a movie theatre.

I still tear up a bit when I watch it on DVD.

game-lover

Dec 1, 2010
Four Brothers...

It's hard for me to remember what's made me cry because usually the depressing shit just pisses me off and makes me wanna destroy things.

But that movie... that one scene. I'm never watching it again. Once was enough.

tendaji

Aug 15, 2008
About any animal movie, from Old Yeller, to Where the Red Fern Grows, to Hachi: A Dog's Tale. It could be a very crappy movie, but if it includes something sad like an animal dying or anything close to it, I can't hold back the tears. Even on the re-release of The Lion King, I still cried when Mufasa died...

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
JoJo said:
Ending of Grave of the Fireflies, if you've seen it nuff said, especially as I have a little sister who's about the same age gap to me as the brother and sister are in the film, though we're both a few years old than the protagonists.
This... this, a googol this... (though I'm sure I've replied to a couple threads of this nature in the last week or so...)

Anyway... Shadowlands, Stalingrad (close but didn't cry, fucking depressing, that movie), A Bridge Too Far... and probably a whole load of others...

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
JoJo said:
I second this. I don't cry in films in general (I don't see it as a good thing) but that film however is the closest I got to being emotional in a film (my eyes water up at the last scene).

Just_A_Glitch

Dec 10, 2009
I've cried over two movies.

50/50, because my grandmother went through cancer, so it hit me hard...

And 500 Days of Summer, because I was going through something very similar at the time.

Damn you, Joseph Gordon-Levitt. Why are you so good at making me teary-eyed.

kcjerith

Jan 10, 2011
Philadelphia,

The scene where Tom Hanks character is in bed, dying, and he is explaining what the opera is about.

C2Ultima

Future sovereign of Oz
Nov 6, 2010
Million Dollar Baby. That one managed to make me shed a tear up a bit.

Littaly

Jun 26, 2008
I don't think I've ever cried at a movie, or anything else for that matter. It's just nothing I do, art and entertainment just doesn't move me to tears. Every once in a blue moon something comes along that shakes me up emotionally, and I was on the verge of tearing up to a song once, but I don't think a movie has ever made me cry.