Movies that people say are bad but you can't help but like?

Vrex360

Badass Alien
Mar 2, 2009
ZZoMBiE13 said:
I love Jason X. Of course I love all of the Jason films (except 5, obviously). But many hardcore slasher nuts panned Jason X for it's ridiculous premise, plot, and space theme. Personally though, I think a Jason movie should be as far out as possible. Over the top and silly has worked for decades with that franchise.

So I'll show up and cheer for the Goalie from Hell no matter what kind of setting they come up with for him. A time travelling machete that sends Jason to Egypt to fight mummies? I can't buy my ticket fast enough.

I also don't get why everyone rags on Michael Bay films. They're dumb, fun, summer popcorn flicks and that's all they're trying to be. So rather than complain, I prefer to just shut off the grey matter, sit back, and enjoy the ride. His films, as well as the Jason franchise, are more akin to amusement park rides than fine cinema. So as long as that's what you expect from them then you won't be dissappointed.
Yay another person who gets the point of Jason movies... the fun and camp of them!

Citrus

Apr 25, 2008
The remake of Willard, with Crispin Glover. It's actually one of my favourite movies now, but everybody I know who has seen it dislike it.

KSarty

Aug 5, 2008
Doug said:
KSarty said:
Super Mario Bros.
Head, hang it in shame!
Yeah I know. I saw it when I was a little kid so of course I enjoyed it then. Since then it has become one of those movies that I will always like simply because I liked it when I was young.

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
KSarty said:
Doug said:
KSarty said:
Super Mario Bros.
Head, hang it in shame!
Yeah I know. I saw it when I was a little kid so of course I enjoyed it then. Since then it has become one of those movies that I will always like simply because I liked it when I was young.
Well, to be fair, I did like it when I was young too. However, you've no excuse now ;)

Ashbax

Jan 7, 2009
LimaBravo said:
ST : Terran Ascendancy made in 2000 was a phenomenal RTS, lots of solid micro management & fields of fire work, non-expendable troops & RPG like stats. The AI was more than capable & that applies to player units as well. I once left a guy to cover our retreat & he managed to fight like a devil for the 5 minutes it took to rescue him all on his lonesome against a multitude of foes :D.

I was talking about the ST FPS after that.

NeutralMunchHotel

Jun 14, 2009
Repo! The Genetic Opera was pretty cool. Of course it's like Marmite, with the love it fans being in the minority and the hate it people being the world of entertainment. Ah well, it will always be a cult film.

Fraught

Aug 2, 2008
GodsOneMistake said:
No country for old men was pretty good, but a lot of people say they didn't like it.
Are you serious? And why so serious? The movie was rated very high by critics and regular people alike, and everyone I know LOVES the movie.

Zombie_Fish

Opiner of Mottos
Mar 20, 2009
The first Transformers movie. I actually found the serious and dramatic side of it very suitable and creative for the film.

traceur_

Feb 19, 2009
Transformers 1 & 2, I fucking love them, I consider those who don't to be heathens.
The star wars prequels.
and every Micheal Bay movie, I love Micheal Bay.

Mr. Socky

Apr 22, 2009
solidstatemind said:
Misterpinky said:
I also enjoy an old flick called Strange Brew, but no one has heard of it so they can't really diss it.
Take off, hoser. I am quite familiar with the comic stylings of Doug and Bob McKenzie, thank you very much.
You would be the first person I've met, online or off, that has seen that movie, much less a fan of Doug and Bob McKenzie. Thanks, you made my day.

tiberseptim

Apr 15, 2009
darkecofreak said:
...MGS4 is gold, no matter what Yahtzee or anyone else says.
"I'm right, no matter how many people say I'm wrong!"

This kind of thinking is a sure sign of maturity. Bravo.

darkecofreak

May 13, 2009
tiberseptim said:
darkecofreak said:
...MGS4 is gold, no matter what Yahtzee or anyone else says.
"I'm right, no matter how many people say I'm wrong!"

This kind of thinking is a sure sign of maturity. Bravo.
"Who's the more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?" - Sir Alec Guinness.

The tone of your response to a personal opinion, as opposed to a verifiable statement of fact, shows your own maturity level, sir, so I would beg you look inward before questioning others' personal growth. As to my opinion on MGS4, it is my own, as I am sure you have your own and your own favorite games, so I would beg again you not criticize another gamer's choice in games or opinions on said games without the readiness to have your own choices in leisure activities come under such scrutiny. Now we are dangerously closer to a flame, so I would suggest we leave this battle of wits and return to more intelligent topics of conversation before one or both of us get suspended or banned for useless spamming of the board via our aforementioned battle.