Movies that people say are bad but you can't help but like?

Vrex360

Badass Alien
Mar 2, 2009
Right so my last thread died with a slight wimper so here I am with another thread that i used the Search Bar for and found no conclusive evidence. This is a thread dedicated to those movies that lots of people friends, family, critics, people on the net etc have all shown revilation to but you just like. They can even be movies that were actually praised by the media upon release but were hated by certain groups of people.

For me at least the prime example or at least, the most recent example is Happy Feet a movie that I rented on a whim and ended up really liking for reasons I cannot possibly determine... there was just something there. And even though lots of people I know condemn it as some kind of unholy black pit of evil satan spawn I found it kinda charming. Sweet, witty, great music and that little element of personality.

That's my example... what's yours?

tiberseptim

Apr 15, 2009
Kung Pow: Enter the Fist.

Ironically, everyone said they hated every part but the cow fight/Matrix parody. I felt completely different.

Aug 13, 2008
ooh, like this thread already

Next
The end of days
underworld
Inside Man

but there are so many more
pretty much anything with arnold schwarznegger or nicholas cage i probably like

Fumbles

Apr 15, 2009
Watch these movies... Barbarians, Shark Attack III: Megalodon, Troll 2... They are so horrible, that you cant help but to like them.

kaiser_what

Feb 19, 2009
Well, its definitely Transformers 2: Revenge of the fallen. I don't know why many people didn't like it. It is a very entertaining movie. Your mileage may vary, I guess.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
I thought Transformers 2 was an average film, I enjoyed it but it wasn't great.

Most people on here treat it like it's the fucking anti-christ or something.

HT_Black

May 1, 2009
The Phantom of the Opera and Transformers. They're not really that bad, especially seeing as the robots actually take center stage in the latter-- compare that to the newest one, and you'll see what I mean. I mean, the Phantom is just cool no matter how you look at it.

Orgcon

Jul 1, 2009
I'd say 'Black knight' that Martin Lawrence film. A lot, if not everybody said that film was utter sh*t, but thats mainly because they didn't understand it. Its best not to look at that film as if hes time travelling, cause that is rediculas to say the least. Think of it more as him being trapped in his own subconcious (like being in a short state of comatose)untill he overcomes his incompetance in life and finds the right answer in order to save his own and everybody elses job. There are a lot more underlying themes but if I mentioned them all I'd bore you all to sleep. XD

Nincompoop

May 24, 2009
Street Fighter - Legend of Chun-Li

Everyone seemed to dislike it, whereas I found it to be utter and complete entertainment.

*conclusion drawn from the perspective of watching trailers on youtube, and then reading the below comments*

Cpt Morgan

Jun 26, 2009
Starship Troopers. The acting is so bad it's almost like it was done on purpose. The aliens look really cool and the action is decent. I thoroughly enjoy it.

kaiser_what

Feb 19, 2009
Machines Are Us said:
I thought Transformers 2 was an average film, I enjoyed it but it wasn't great.

Most people on here treat it like it's the fucking anti-christ or something.
I thought so too. I mean, just watch moviebob's review of the movie.

BoogieManFL

Apr 14, 2008
I liked the first Mortal Kombat movie quite a bit, while I think the second one was one of the worst movies of all time.

HardRockSamurai

May 28, 2008
Crank 2: High Voltage. I know a lot of people thought it was ridiculous, but I thought it was a really great celebration of the phrase "why not?" Thanks to Michael Bay, action movies have been more PC than ever before; Crank 2 was a loud reminder that violence needs no restraint.