Movies you can't make good games out of.

CheeseSandwichCake

May 23, 2009
goodwithwords08 said:
I would have to say Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Great movie but it wouldn't work as a game.

Press X to say Neee!!

Press B to taunt them a second time!!
Are you serious? That game would rock. I imagine it'd make a great puzzle adventure game with light swordfighting. I'd preorder a real copy of it and wait overnight for it.

Minigame where you have to shield yourself against all that crap the French are throwing off of their castle at you.

reg42

Mar 18, 2009
Ed Wood: The Game.
"Press A to dress in woman's clothing!"
"Press B to destroy a once-great star's reputation!"

The_Deleted

Aug 28, 2008
Any Todd Solondz movie.
A Kevin Smith Sim. Press X to come across like a smug, one note ****.

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0113627/

Were would you start? I would love to see the trophies for it though, "drink 1,000 units in one day".

wildpeaks

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Dec 25, 2008
More Fun To Compute said:
Since there is no movie that can't be turned into a pinball machine I don't think that there are any that can't be turned into a video game.
Or a Peggle game, any movie would work.

Savory said:
Anything that David Lynch have made.

... Or can they? Hmmm.
I could imagine a Blue Velvet RPG or a Twin Peaks chess game.

Generator

May 8, 2009
I don't think any romantic comedies would make very good video games. At least, most of them wouldn't...

I was going to think of some clever joke for here, like a picture of a romantic comedy that would make the worst game ever, but I honestly couldn't think of anything.

I know, it's disappointing. But trust me, you couldn't possibly be more disappointed about it than I am.

Jark212

Certified Deviant
Jul 17, 2008
Disney movies...

It is physically impossible to make any half-tolerable game out of one of them...

SoranMBane

May 24, 2009
Probably all of them. Movies seem to go into explosive decompression when they try to make them into games, especially since they seem to be in the habit of trying to make the game within the same time frame as the film, where game development is generally a far more time-consuming process than film making.

Kagim

Aug 26, 2009
Jark212 said:
Disney movies...

It is physically impossible to make any half-tolerable game out of one of them...
Kingdom Hearts?

Also Aladdin for the Sega was actually pretty cool.

Plurralbles

Jan 12, 2010
Marley and Me.

Unless you're going to just Heavy Rain it up.

Oh shit... it is possible to make a game out of any movie, but msot of them would be shit. Ther are no absolutly impossible movies.

Lamppenkeyboard

Jun 3, 2009
It:

Press B to not get eaten!

Press A to not be as good as the novel!

The book would be even worse:

Press B not to get raped!

Press A to repress the memory!

Jark212

Certified Deviant
Jul 17, 2008
Kagim said:
Jark212 said:
Disney movies...

Kingdom Hearts?

Also Aladdin for the Sega was actually pretty cool.
Well, you got me there...

But every other game based on a Disney movie still sucks...

VivaciousDeimos

May 1, 2010
CoverYourHead said:
Eliam_Dar said:
CoverYourHead said:
Twelve Angry Men.

Basically a short version of an Ace Attorney game, but not as awesome, and no shouting of "Objection!"

Would be terrible.
hey, that movie is great, specially the older version. However I agree with you, it wouldn't make a great game
Well of course, it's a fantastic movie. Kids should write term papers about it in school.

I'm slightly peeved that we have yet to start using movies to teach culture in schools. I can accept video games for now as they have yet to be widely accepted as an art form, but movies are ridiculous to not be teaching!
If it makes you feel better in my logic class a couple years ago we watched the original version in class and then broke down all the arguments and fallacies that were used. I remember seeing it on the syllabus (it was already one of my favorite movies) as was like "Yeah! Henry Fucking Fonda"....I like him a lot.

As for the OT:...I propose Twilight would make an awful video game unless that player was allowed to stake the vampires Buffy style.

Tinneh

Oct 10, 2009
Alakaizer said:
One small problem with the question: there are way too many movies that can't be made into good games. Better question would simply be: What are some good movies you can't make games out of? And the first thing that I could think of was Kama Sutra. For some pretty obvious reasons.

EDIT: I think there's already a game where you design torture systems for NPCs. I think it's the Sims.
There was another one called Garry's Mod.