Movies you found were incredibly hard to watch

AlternatePFG

Jan 22, 2010
Like others have said, Scott Pilgrim vs. the World. I do find the movie growing on me but at first, I was facepalming the entire way through.

ReservoirAngel

Nov 6, 2010
Drag Me To Hell. That film just freaks me out!

Also, Irreversible. Anyone who's seen it... you know what I'm talking about.

Reaper195

Jul 5, 2009
Kung Fu Panda. I was all..."My brain are filled with fuck.". Only good thing in that entire movie was Ian McShane. And only because he is Ian McShane. He still sounded like he was simply reading a script, like everyone else.

JochemDude said:
Inception, I swear it's just found good because it's the mindfuck equal of a gangbang.
Which doesn't make sense to be honest, considering the fact that there was no real twist, and the movie felt like it was holding my hand through all the 'complicated' bits.

Cyd0n1a

Jul 15, 2009
Irreversible, Saló and a few others that I cannot recall at the moment. Funny enough, both Saló and Irreversible are among my favourite movies of all time.

A Serbian Film, which seems to cause a lot of discussion on topics like these, wasn't in my mind "hard to watch". The movie was made solely to see how far mainstream cinema can go and that was it. The raping of the new born was utterly ridiculous and the few other tricks the movie had were all just as lame. Atleast Saló and Irreversible had a point in them.

A Free Man

May 9, 2010
KarlMonster said:
"Borat" - Sorry, I don't think its funny.
Yeh I never like Borat either. Like I get the whole its so stupid that it's funny thing but I just don't think it worked in that movie. But my go to worst movie of all time would have to be Killers with Ashton Kutcher, if I wasn't with people I would have walked during the movie, if only I had of asked them cause I found out after that they all hated it too : (

Apr 5, 2008
JochemDude said:
Inception, I swear it's just found good because it's the mindfuck equal of a gangbang.
This is spot on. I struggled through a fair way into it before actually giving up. The last thing I remember was some rubbish about "3 levels! No one can do 3 levels!". Stopped, ejected, can't bear the thought of watching any more.

Diablo27

Jul 18, 2010
The scene out of a good movie: Sucker Punch where they slit the throat of the baby dragon and then the mother dragon "cries". I almost cried at that part :'(

A plain old shitty movie: Watchmen, it was too f**ing boring...

Will of One

Jun 1, 2009
Jimmybobjr said:
Vault boy Eddie said:
Scott Pilgrim, 7 minutes in I felt I was getting dumber by the second, OMFG i'll never get those 7 minutes back.
I was going to say this, nearly word for word.

Except i would have replaced the "Minutes" with "Seconds"

Worst movie ive ever seen.
Jimmybobjr said:
42 said:
Wait no you're all wrong!! the worst movie to sit through is Eragon!! <<<<< this shit beats the Room!
It wasnt hard to sit thorough, it was just Horrible. Its the worst movie ive ever seen, but not the most painful to watch.
You see to be throwing "the worst movie I've ever seen" around a bit too much.
Also, there is absolutely no way to judge a movie after that little time.

I really can't remember the movie I had the most trouble watching so I'll just go with Australia. It just seemed so pointless. For some reason that little boy knew magic and it had five different points where it could have ended, but didn't. An incredibly long and tedious movie. Had I not been forced to watch it in school, I would just have walked out.

CRRPGMykael

Mar 6, 2011
Inglorious Basterds.
i thought it was a comedy but...it wasnt.just boring ppl talking about boring stuff and theres 2 hours and 30 mins of that!well,brad pitt kinda makes up for it though

T-Bone24

Dec 29, 2008
I'm a fan of Monty Python, but I fucking hate fans of Monty Python. I will never be able to sit through another Monty Python film without it being absolutely destroyed by the amount of times it's been quoted out of context.

The show... is still watchable, because there's such a wealth of content, but the films mean nothing to me now.

Mr Shrike

Aug 13, 2010
The Rocky Horror Picture Show.

I... I just couldn't stand it. It was so awful, and intentionally so, that I ended up playing Spyro instead.

I think I know who got the better deal there.

circularlogic88

Knower of Nothing
Oct 9, 2010
The first 2 Lord of the Rings movies:

Fell asleep 20 minutes into the opening of Fellowship and woke up somewhere around a giant flame monster falling down a chasm.

Stayed awake long enough to see some battles in Two Towers but those battle sequences dragged on way too long for me to care about what was happening.

When they came out on DVD I eventually saw them the whole way through. Still thought they were far too long and not interesting.

I tried my best to keep myself engaged with what was going on, but they honestly just bored me.

Liked the third one though.

Wingmna

Feb 10, 2009
pulse2 said:
"The Human Centipede"....enough said, that film is.....is.....I don't even want to know what the writer was thinking, nor do I want to know how the actors felt doing those roles. Its not as gruesome as I thought it would be based on what people told me, but it didn't need to be, it was disgusting as it was :/

So yes, name some movies you found hard to watch for some reason or another, either particular scenes or the entire movie.
It is highly overrated. I saw it to see something truly grotesque and it was just plain-Jane gore with horrible plot/writing.

If you want something truly horrifying watch COME AND SEE.

Chris^^

Mar 11, 2009
Pursuit of Happiness because I just found it exceedingly tedious, Paranormal Activity because it was a massive letdown and Moon becuase I was expecting a clever movie about someone going mad in space and just recieved another 'corporations are evil and soulless' movie.