Movies you hated that everyone else loved

Rahheemme

Aug 2, 2009
Everybody has one. For me, it was David Cronenburg's Scanners. It was one of the best written movies I've ever seen, but the directing and acting was so awful that I could barely sit through it.

Laura.

May 30, 2009
21 Grams, it's so lame. It's a cookie cutter drama with randomly shuffled scenes so as to appear innovative and intelectual.
I hated it so much.

DuplicateValue

Jun 25, 2009
The Dark Knight.
There really isn't anything special about it.

It's not that I hated it - I just saw it as an extremely average movie.
It's when people started obsessing about it that I began to hate it more and more, until it got to the point where I cringed every time it was mentioned.

I still can't believe it's in the top 10 on IMDB - it's ridiculous that it's rated above some of the masterpieces of our time.

RanD00M

Oct 26, 2008
Every movie Jim Carrey.I seriously dislike him as an actor.Yet almost everyone around loves him.

I guess they just don´t know of good cinema photography.

Maze1125

Oct 14, 2008
Space Odyssey 2001.
Except that I'm not the only one to recognise how bad a film it is, even by the standards of the day.

Viperish fall

Apr 27, 2009
DuplicateValue said:
The Dark Knight.

It's when people started obsessing about it that I began to hate it more and more, until it got to the point where I cringed every time it was mentioned.

I still can't believe it's in the top 10 on IMDB - it's ridiculous that it's rated above some of the masterpieces of our time.
Completely agree with you there. Oh and I thought the Hurt Locker was shit. A bad film trying to win an oscar by placing itself in the Iraq war with extremely unlikeable characters and a kind of shortened version of the deer hunter at the end that missed the point completely.

Aug 18, 2009
The Matrix Reloaded. Didn't like it. Never will. The last one wasn't my cup of tea either. This whole Twilight shit is getting to be preposterous and that movie wasn't the greatest thing I've ever seen. Then again, I'm not exactly a teenage girl.

Cargando

Apr 8, 2009
[small/]The Third Man[/small]. Well, to be fair, I didn't [i/]hate[/i] it exactly, as a matter of fact, I actually rather liked it. It's just average. Nowhere near as my friends made out is all.

Smudge91

Jul 30, 2009
RAND00M said:
Every movie Jim Carrey.I seriously dislike him as an actor.Yet almost everyone around loves him.

I guess they just don´t know of good cinema photography.
agreed, films with him in are just so bland and boring. He just seems to use the same jokes over and over.

Dott

Oct 27, 2009
Several Disney movies.
Such as Hannah Montannah, Camp Rock, Kim Possible, etc.

People are seemingly either neutral or in love with the Disney movies...

Daniel Cygnus

Jan 19, 2009
The new Transformers movies. Whenever I find out that someone I really like adores them, (which happens a lot, oddly) I cry a little on the inside. Everything I could possibly say about them has been said before, but I don't care. The humans (especially Megan Fox) are given too much screen time, the robots are ugly (seriously, what happened to character design?), the humor is awful, and you can't tell what the hell is going on in ANY action scene. What really hurts me about them is that they could have been awesome. They were just ruined by the worst director ever.

tl;dr version: Micheal Bay has all the film making ability of a brain-dead fish.

TheZapper

Jul 11, 2009
Maze1125 said:
Space Odyssey 2001.
Except that I'm not the only one to recognise how bad a film it is, even by the standards of the day.
Indeed you are not. I tried to watch it, but it was just so ridiculously pretentious and boring I had to stop, and this is coming from someone who watched every minute of Glitter(If you don't know it, don't google it. You will regret the outcome).

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
DuplicateValue said:
The Dark Knight.

Yea. I felt the same way. I didn't think there was anything that made the characters stand out. That didn't have to be the Joker. it could've been any sort of psycho.

Also: Metropolitan - one of the most pretentious movies I've ever seen. I just couldn't stand the characters.

Terramax

Jan 11, 2008
DuplicateValue said:
The Dark Knight.

You win 1000 internet points. Average - check, but made evermore annoying by the fact that people loved it so much. I'd love to go on a massive, knit-pick rant about why it's not that good but I'll assume you already know why.

TheZapper said:
Maze1125 said:
Space Odyssey 2001.
Indeed you are not. I tried to watch it, but it was just so ridiculously pretentious and boring I had to stop, and this is coming from someone who watched every minute of Glitter(If you don't know it, don't google it. You will regret the outcome).
Count me on this list also. It's the only film I feel asleep whilst watching.

This is why I love these forums. I can find people I relate to.

Little Duck

Diving Space Muffin
Oct 22, 2009
Kung Pow.

Very few reviewers like it, but I loved every single laugh a minute that was there.